The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Have any of you tried airbrush makeup? I'm wondering if it's worth the money? I like the idea of being able to add a drop of different colors to customize shades, but the price ouch! I'm weighing not having to have 2 shades and wasting at least 1/2 bottle twice a year vs big investment to start but no wasting.

Never heard of it, but my guess is that if you're concerned about the high price, you'd be better off just mixing two bottles of (slightly different shade colors) of regular foundation. I mix everything as I never find any color that's a perfect match. I mix lip colors as well. A beautician once told me that, "There are no rules." In other words, select what is best for your own color tones, by whatever method (and/or budget) works best for you.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Never heard of it, but my guess is that if you're concerned about the high price, you'd be better off just mixing two bottles of (slightly different shade colors) of regular foundation. I mix everything as I never find any color that's a perfect match. I mix lip colors as well. A beautician once told me that, "There are no rules." In other words, select what is best for your own color tones, by whatever method (and/or budget) works best for you.
It's supposed to make you skin look smoother and it's also supposed to be lighter. The other thing is I'm sick and tired of throwing away 1/2 bottles it's such a waste. I'm curious to see what the cost would be over the long haul compared to regular foundation.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's supposed to make you skin look smoother and it's also supposed to be lighter. The other thing is I'm sick and tired of throwing away 1/2 bottles it's such a waste. I'm curious to see what the cost would be over the long haul compared to regular foundation.

Yes, if you try it, let us know. I'd be curious. (As for the bottles, I've just saved them and cleaned out after use, so that I always have a few extra empty bottles for mixing and filling. So I haven't had to dump any leftover foundation colors (except for the very first time a few years ago), because I have enough little bottles to fill. :) )

Songbird76

:p
12909688_10154125929433896_6663299387492484388_o.png

Luv ya Figgy!
Ha!! Gotta love Jimmy Fallon! Did you see the lip sync contest with Melissa McCarthy? I was laughing SO hard at MCarthy's 2nd number I love her.

Songbird76

Wrapped in bacon. :hungry:
Not that you ever will be, but if you ever go to Rapid City, South Dakota (burning desire to see Mount Rushmore?), about half an hour away is a little town called Hill City...it's tiny...one of those places where everything is pretty much on the main street that goes from one side of town to the other. In Hill City is the most amazing restaurant, owned by this little old German lady named Wally. I think her daughter actually runs it now, but the only thing they serve at dinner is Filet Mignon. It comes with a baked potato, a wedge of lettuce with dressing, and toast. Because it's the only thing she serves, she buys in bulk and therefore the prices are cheap. I think it was like...$8 last time we were there. And because it's the only thing the cooks have to cook, they are GOOD at it. We've been going there since I was 8. We used to go for a weekend or 2 every year and see Mount Rushmore and Keystone, Deadwood, Flintstone village (which is now closed. :( ) and drive through Custer State Park, and we always went to the Alpine Inn in Hill City for one dinner. She doesn't accept reservations...or she never used to. So you had to be there when she opened or you'd have to wait for at least an hour for a table. It's REALLY popular. But if you like bacon-wrapped steak, that is the place to go!

Songbird76

I actually had a lunch meeting today and I have an offer for something that pays more than what I am making now. I thought it was going to be an "interview" and they were actually woo-ing me to come over to their company. I almost have to take it because I live paycheck to paycheck, but it doesn't actually seem like the perfect fit. But geez, from the comments on here the past few pages, we are all having problems, aren't we? A lot more severe than this. I'm actually praying for all of us. :)
It's nice to be wooed though, isn't it? Even if it's not a perfect fit. Would you have to sign a contract for a certain length of time or can you do this while you look for a better fit for you?

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning. My cat and I slept in this morning. I think my allergy pill that I took last night kicked in!:D
Thinking about my DDs doggie getting his heart worm treatments today. This is his 3rd in the process. He was a rescue so no one tested him for heart worms until she took him to the vet for a check up. The vet said since he is under 2 yrs old, he should be ok. Bad thing is he has to stay in his crate except to go out to do his business then back in for two weeks! Poor doggie! :(Poor DD and her DH!!
Well better get this day started. Sunny and not as warm but 60s are better than 40s. :cool: Have a nice one!

Songbird76

I like that. I would still like to meet everyone on here, think of the fun we could have at Disney!
I'd love to meet you when we come over in July, but I don't know how much time we'll be spending in the Denver area. We fly into Orlando and we still need to book tickets from Orlando to Denver and back, so we don't know when we'll be flying. Most of our time will be be spent in Wyoming with my dad, with a long weekend in South Dakota, traveling with my brother and his family. We are planning to stay with my cousins in Denver when we fly in before driving "home", and then probably again when we fly back to Orlando, but without those flights booked, we can't make set plans. I HATE having things up in the air.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'd love to meet you when we come over in July, but I don't know how much time we'll be spending in the Denver area. We fly into Orlando and we still need to book tickets from Orlando to Denver and back, so we don't know when we'll be flying. Most of our time will be be spent in Wyoming with my dad, with a long weekend in South Dakota, traveling with my brother and his family. We are planning to stay with my cousins in Denver when we fly in before driving "home", and then probably again when we fly back to Orlando, but without those flights booked, we can't make set plans. I HATE having things up in the air.
I hate having things up in the air also!!!!!!! I wish Disney would make up their minds and finalize our park hours!

StarWarsGirl

Good morning. My cat and I slept in this morning.
I wish mine wanted to sleep this morning. My mom let her in my room this morning. She settled for about 20 minutes. There's a hanging bell on my door, so if she wants out, she's trained to ring the bell, and I let her out. The problem is that sometimes she doesn't want out; she wants my attention and knows ringing the bell makes me get off my bed and wake me up. She woke me up this morning 45 minutes before I had to get up. Guess who got tossed out this morning?

93boomer

Premium Member
I wish mine wanted to sleep this morning. My mom let her in my room this morning. She settled for about 20 minutes. There's a hanging bell on my door, so if she wants out, she's trained to ring the bell, and I let her out. The problem is that sometimes she doesn't want out; she wants my attention and knows ringing the bell makes me get off my bed and wake me up. She woke me up this morning 45 minutes before I had to get up. Guess who got tossed out this morning?
Cats have a mind of their own! Lol

Songbird76

My DD parked in her lot at work yesterday next to one of those tiny islands with a few yards of grass and a tree. That was 130pm. She came out of work to her car at about 7pm and a goose had completely built a nest close to the drivers door of her car. Stupid thing probably thought the wall (side of car) would offer some protection. Ha! As she slowly approached her car the goose stood up very straight and stared her down. Picture her crawling in the passenger door through the bucket seats in her pretty little dress. :geek:
Oh no!!! And those buggers can be MEAN. Is the nest still there?

Songbird76

My house is even quieter than I thought it would be! My baby started his new job today. Yes I know I'm a horrible mother letting him go off to work at his tender age. He's tutoring a HS girl in math and he worked out the pay all by himself. She's selling off a book collection he wants so he's getting them in exchange for his services
What's the book collection?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom