The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Bag??? Man things have changed. When I was young a bag of milk was also known as an Udder! :joyfull: But that is Cananada isn't it?
Just kidding... I've been getting many a laugh out of the bags o' milk up there for a number of decades now.
weirdly.. the cheap milk in my country.. also comes in sealed bags.
But slowly moving towards tetra bricks or jugs (which are the standard)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
For the first time in 9 years, they may actually hafta' open the flood gates on our Lake Travis. It's 100% full, the ground is saturated here and upstream, and were expecting more rain. :)

Amazing isn't it. Couple years in a row of extreme heat and drought and last summer not so intense and rain, now more rain. My contention on weather. I sick of the cold but our winter was not as intense as it was the last 5 years. Remember my DD first year of college when we had snow drifts up to the eaves of the house and Walt's outhouse was under the big picnic table? I could only open the back door a foot and the front door not at all. Am glad you guys have water again though.

Gabe1

weirdly.. the cheap milk in my country.. also comes in sealed bags.
But slowly moving towards tetra bricks or jugs (which are the standard)

I've never seen a bag of milk. We in my area have 3 choices. Glass, Cardboard Carton or a plastic jug and the plastic jug is the most common. The plastic jug then goes right into the recycle bin.

Gabe1

I'll tell you where the birds will tackle you for your food. Any time I've eaten at a table at La Cantina de San Angel (outdoor, QS, at the Mexico pavilion), the birds were ruthless!! I mean they'd freaking dive-bomb for food on a table. Only place I can think of where birds were actually more obnoxious and pushy than my dog around food!! :rolleyes: :p

I can remember that happening to me in 2012 at the Coronado Resort with a muffin in the morning. I had to leave, they were intense. In the back of my mind later year at Flame, feed them or they will feed themselves. They were actually kinda cute, these particular two anyhow.

Gabe1

I'm glad you're on here when you get a few minutes here and there. Goodness knows, we're a crazy group, and we can distract you from more serious issues that you're dealing with, regarding your dad's health.

I'm on here this afternoon, only because I took the day off from work--I had a stomach virus (a 24-hour thing), and feeling a lot better this afternoon, than I did last night and earlier this morning. The good thing about not going to work is that--I'm home! YEA! Watched a lot of TV today--lots of news and financial type stations. That's sort of geeky though, isn't it? o_O :p

And Jack had more company! A win for him.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I did find a nice shirt at Talbot's , I paid a premium, but it's the only nice top for the summer. It will serve me to go to sit down restaurants out of Disney. By the way does anyone have any suggestions for a nice meal, outside of Disney....not too expensive. The kids like to rent a car. For us in October we do the bus, and AoA.
I don't know why but we always seem to wind up at Applebees on192 heading towards 27. Now I remember why they run 2 for 1 drink specials LOL. It's your basic chain but we've always had excellent service there.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I agree Kohl's has turned into a thin t-shirt store. I've never heard of Appleseeds, I'm going to look them up. LL Bean is good too. I kind of forgot about them.
My mother in law got a few shirts from Duluth Trading and found then similar to LL bean. BTW that's the company with the silly commercials. The thinnest tees I've seen so far are the ones at Forever 21. For tanks and tees I'm cheap I mostly wear them around the house or out walking. I can't see spending good money on them when they're going to get stained or ripped way too soon.I also don't like them thin!!! Tomato sauce stains even the best clothing or more likely will stain your best clothing:hilarious:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
is it more expensive that way? or cheaper that way?
most trash is being sent to china for "recovery" or to latin america.
They claim it's the cheaper and more eco way rather than sending it 10 miles to our sister island which has its own incinirator . Plus about 5-6 years ago they turned down plans to build one on island :banghead:

FutureCEO

Agree, some of Kohls t-shirts are not worth it anymore--too thin. Have you tried some online options (may cost more in some cases, but you may find what you're looking for), such as L L Bean, Blair, or Appleseeds for women's clothing? (L L Bean is always free shipping by the way. Their merchandise is usually more expensive, but they sell good quality items. You just have to pay attention to the fabric descriptions; they also have telephone support and their reps are very knowledgeable.)

I get catalogs at home from all 3 of those stores as well. Usually, I can get a discount or free shipping with a code they'll offer. Sometimes they offer similar types of codes on their web sites as well. (I order online, but check all the codes from the catalogs and web site, so that I can pick the best one.)

I guess I won't say that an LL Bean store is coming near my house.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Have any of you tried airbrush makeup? I'm wondering if it's worth the money? I like the idea of being able to add a drop of different colors to customize shades, but the price ouch! I'm weighing not having to have 2 shades and wasting at least 1/2 bottle twice a year vs big investment to start but no wasting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom