The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I'm glad you're on here when you get a few minutes here and there. Goodness knows, we're a crazy group, and we can distract you from more serious issues that you're dealing with, regarding your dad's health.

I'm on here this afternoon, only because I took the day off from work--I had a stomach virus (a 24-hour thing), and feeling a lot better this afternoon, than I did last night and earlier this morning. The good thing about not going to work is that--I'm home! YEA! Watched a lot of TV today--lots of news and financial type stations. That's sort of geeky though, isn't it? o_O :p
No, I watch a little news, and weather in the morning, then I turn it off to listen to food shows. It's no wonder I have gained so much weight. At my age, I'm beginning not to care. Dr. has a difference of opinion. :eek::rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning everyone. I spent yesterday at Kohl's trying to find a couple tops and capri's. Boy, the selection this season is awful, paper thin t-shirts. Capri's with all kinds of zippers, etc. I hate zippers, they can snag other clothes in the washer. We are going to the mall this afternoon, to see if I can do better there. I refuse to wear three shirts, to allow for personal privacy. I just don't get it. I forgot to add, hubby walked all around the store, while I tried on clothes. We went on a whim, and wanted to walk somewhere else.

Agree, some of Kohls t-shirts are not worth it anymore--too thin. Have you tried some online options (may cost more in some cases, but you may find what you're looking for), such as L L Bean, Blair, or Appleseeds for women's clothing? (L L Bean is always free shipping by the way. Their merchandise is usually more expensive, but they sell good quality items. You just have to pay attention to the fabric descriptions; they also have telephone support and their reps are very knowledgeable.)

I get catalogs at home from all 3 of those stores as well. Usually, I can get a discount or free shipping with a code they'll offer. Sometimes they offer similar types of codes on their web sites as well. (I order online, but check all the codes from the catalogs and web site, so that I can pick the best one.)

betty rose

I'll tell you where the birds will tackle you for your food. Any time I've eaten at a table at La Cantina de San Angel (outdoor, QS, at the Mexico pavilion), the birds were ruthless!! I mean they'd freaking dive-bomb for food on a table. Only place I can think of where birds were actually more obnoxious and pushy than my dog around food!! :rolleyes: :p
Going to avoid that like the plague. I hate aggressive birds. They scare me, like the Bird's movie. No, no, no !

betty rose

Agree, some of Kohls t-shirts are not worth it anymore--too thin. Have you tried some online options (may cost more in some cases, but you may find what you're looking for), such as L L Bean, Blair, or Appleseeds for women's clothing? (L L Bean is always free shipping by the way. Their merchandise is usually more expensive, but they sell good quality items. You just have to pay attention to the fabric descriptions; they also have telephone support and their reps are very knowledgeable.)

I get catalogs at home from all 3 of those stores as well. Usually, I can get a discount or free shipping with a code they'll offer. Sometimes they offer similar types of codes on their web sites as well. (I order online, but check all the codes from the catalogs and web site, so that I can pick the best one.)
I agree Kohl's has turned into a thin t-shirt store. I've never heard of Appleseeds, I'm going to look them up. LL Bean is good too. I kind of forgot about them.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I agree Kohl's has turned into a thin t-shirt store. I've never heard of Appleseeds, I'm going to look them up. LL Bean is good too. I kind of forgot about them.

I think Appleseeds started out with one store in Beverly, MA. Over the years, they've expanded into other states, and now they have a large online retail presence. Not sure what the parent company is now, but it's under the umbrella of other online vendors such as Blair, out of Pennsylvania. The merchandise in Appleseeds is similar to what you'd find in Talbots, with that price range as well.

betty rose

When my step sister got it done she wound up kicking the doctor afterwards. He said it wouldn't hurt. I'm sure glad he was done having kids.:hilarious:
Yup, I had the same experience, I told the Dr. , next time I was going to bite him. Stones are miserable. How can one family have so many stones? My aunt had them, hubby's dad had them, hubby and daughter and I have them, and so does son in law. Together, we all own a hospital. Each time, it's over 30,000$ dollars. We have been wiped out for our medical funds, many times. O'bama did a very good thing with his program. We all now have insurance, that we couldn't get in the past. It's really not our fault, it's our inherited genes. We all have a form of kidney disease. We follow a diet, but the urologist says we will get stones every 7 years, no matter what.

betty rose

My house is even quieter than I thought it would be! My baby started his new job today. Yes I know I'm a horrible mother letting him go off to work at his tender age. He's tutoring a HS girl in math and he worked out the pay all by himself. She's selling off a book collection he wants so he's getting them in exchange for his services
That's a wonderful idea. Kids need to learn early, their worth, and how they can make it in the world.

Goofyernmost

Stents no matter how short, hurt. They pinch every time you move.
That might have been my fault. I thought we were talking about the procedure to laser the stone, not stinting. I have had two bladder viewings and it involved the same "get to" procedure along the same avenue. That to me wasn't all that bad, uncomfortable, yes, but, I wouldn't actually call it painful. I know if I was having that much trouble with a stone I would be standing on their doorstep demanding that they laser that hell out of it. Fortunately, that is one thing that I have managed to avoid all these years. Hopefully that will continue. Prostate biopsies are far more upsetting then that. Experience gave me that perspective. :)
I did have a small stone last summer, but, it apparently passed without my knowledge or even being aware that it existed until after the fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom