The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
My house is even quieter than I thought it would be! My baby started his new job today. Yes I know I'm a horrible mother letting him go off to work at his tender age. He's tutoring a HS girl in math and he worked out the pay all by himself. She's selling off a book collection he wants so he's getting them in exchange for his services

littleroo

I'm glad you're on here when you get a few minutes here and there. Goodness knows, we're a crazy group, and we can distract you from more serious issues that you're dealing with, regarding your dad's health.

I'm on here this afternoon, only because I took the day off from work--I had a stomach virus (a 24-hour thing), and feeling a lot better this afternoon, than I did last night and earlier this morning. The good thing about not going to work is that--I'm home! YEA! Watched a lot of TV today--lots of news and financial type stations. That's sort of geeky though, isn't it? o_O :p
Glad you are feeling better! Not geeky at all! My children know that my time is from 7 to 730 to watch jeopardy. It is wonderful to learn and be informed.

littleroo

My house is even quieter than I thought it would be! My baby started his new job today. Yes I know I'm a horrible mother letting him go off to work at his tender age. He's tutoring a HS girl in math and he worked out the pay all by himself. She's selling off a book collection he wants so he's getting them in exchange for his services
Nothing wrong with learning how to make money at a young age. More money for him in August!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good morning everyone. I spent yesterday at Kohl's trying to find a couple tops and capri's. Boy, the selection this season is awful, paper thin t-shirts. Capri's with all kinds of zippers, etc. I hate zippers, they can snag other clothes in the washer. We are going to the mall this afternoon, to see if I can do better there. I refuse to wear three shirts, to allow for personal privacy. I just don't get it. I forgot to add, hubby walked all around the store, while I tried on clothes. We went on a whim, and wanted to walk somewhere else.

I hate having to wear multiple layers because the shirts are so thin. It is such a con to try to get us to spend more. Too bad you couldn't find anything. I do a lot of shopping on line through Macy's. Then I can try things on at my leisure instead of rushing through stores. And Macy's is really good about returns in store. You could probably do the same for kohls

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm glad you're on here when you get a few minutes here and there. Goodness knows, we're a crazy group, and we can distract you from more serious issues that you're dealing with, regarding your dad's health.

I'm on here this afternoon, only because I took the day off from work--I had a stomach virus (a 24-hour thing), and feeling a lot better this afternoon, than I did last night and earlier this morning. The good thing about not going to work is that--I'm home! YEA! Watched a lot of TV today--lots of news and financial type stations. That's sort of geeky though, isn't it? o_O :p

So sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope that the big doesn't come back.

betty rose

Good luck dealing with that traffic!!!!!!!!!!!! We're all good and the boys have a new video game so it's going to be very quiet her for a while:joyfull: It also looks like the weather has broken so I'm going to enjoy it:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::inlove::inlove:
I'm so glad you are having better weather. This stone of hubby's looks like it is stuck. We are walking again tomorrow. Time is getting short. Daughter passed another stone last week. We really should move to a more moist climate. I'm trying to convince everyone to move anywhere south.

betty rose

Most of the Doc's are pretty darn caring (or at least to my face). The social workers and caseworkers are another story and working on my last nerve, especially the social worker. Add in my Dad's temperament and yes the stress level is high. So I whip out my phone and play for a few minutes to regroup.
I'm glad you have a stress reliever, me I haven't found mine yet. I do remind myself to go with the flow several times a day.

betty rose

It is a pretty photo. Me, so not a picnic type gal. I'm of the mindset that "Animals eat outside. Human beings eat inside with napkins and utensils. If you want to eat outside, go hunt down a gazelle. Make your decision, I'll be inside." :D

The last time I believe I ate outdoors was at the Flame at AK. IF they had indoor seating I'd choose that. I did feed the two birds that set up camp next to me at the end of the table though. Fearful they'd just help themselves if I didn't. :cyclops:
I've always loved a picnic, outside....to me the flavors are more intense. I love fried chicken, baked beans, corn on the cob and potato salad, with sweet pickles. I'm making myself hungry right now.

betty rose

Let me try and help here since I am in the same boat. Carson's has the T-Shirts that are all cotton but not translucent.
Next go to the Simons outlet mall near you guys and go to the Loft outlet store. They have capri that are nice and some cute t shirt tops for nicer meals.

I've been hunting too. It is difficult when Juniors styles start creeping into the Ladie Department. I still fit into Juniors clothes, if I wanted that I'd be shopping in that department.
I did find a nice shirt at Talbot's , I paid a premium, but it's the only nice top for the summer. It will serve me to go to sit down restaurants out of Disney. By the way does anyone have any suggestions for a nice meal, outside of Disney....not too expensive. The kids like to rent a car. For us in October we do the bus, and AoA.

betty rose

My DD parked in her lot at work yesterday next to one of those tiny islands with a few yards of grass and a tree. That was 130pm. She came out of work to her car at about 7pm and a goose had completely built a nest close to the drivers door of her car. Stupid thing probably thought the wall (side of car) would offer some protection. Ha! As she slowly approached her car the goose stood up very straight and stared her down. Picture her crawling in the passenger door through the bucket seats in her pretty little dress. :geek:
Thanks for the latest laugh of the day. I so love that image and story.:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

betty rose

I hate having to wear multiple layers because the shirts are so thin. It is such a con to try to get us to spend more. Too bad you couldn't find anything. I do a lot of shopping on line through Macy's. Then I can try things on at my leisure instead of rushing through stores. And Macy's is really good about returns in store. You could probably do the same for kohls
I'm going to try online shopping. And I want to read your trip report. I'm going and read that this evening. It will be a nice read, and fun too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom