The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I actually had a lunch meeting today and I have an offer for something that pays more than what I am making now. I thought it was going to be an "interview" and they were actually woo-ing me to come over to their company. I almost have to take it because I live paycheck to paycheck, but it doesn't actually seem like the perfect fit. But geez, from the comments on here the past few pages, we are all having problems, aren't we? A lot more severe than this. I'm actually praying for all of us. :)
Congrats and here's a thought, take it and see how it plays out. It's easier to get a job while you're still employed. Not to mention more money. At least you may get to Disney before you find the perfect fit or one of your plays becomes the next Cats. Just my 2 cents. Best wishes

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks so much! You folks are so great on here that even though most of us don't really know each other, it feels like we do, and kind of a family - and I get upset when I hear about anyone going through hard times. I'm just hoping everything works out for everyone. And I so much appreciate the support you guys have sent my way too.

We like you, too, Buddy! :) :cat:

As for your job hunting, best wishes. You're fortunate that people have expressed interest so quickly, since you just go laid off very recently. That's very positive energy in your favor.

Goodness knows how many old Chinese proverbs are out there, but one of my favorites is, "When one door closes, another one will open." It's lousey that you lost your job, but I'm hoping that you'll land a better one.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thirty Five Million, maybe more just in the United States for airbags add in worldwide and Yikes! Not like any dealership has that many airbags hanging around.

Airbags can be a nuisance. A few months ago, we were sweating getting the car inspected; and in our state, if the airbag light doesn't go out, the car won't pass inspection. The price for various types of repair were insane--more than the book value of the car we have. (We have a used car.) But then hubby, who knows about electrical equipment, knew that sometimes problems are related to wires getting loose, or damaged. So he trouble shooted just the wire connections and voila. Found a loose connection, fixed it, and the light went out. Works fine now--airbag light goes on when you first start up the car (as it's supposed to) and then goes out a few seconds later (also, as it is supposed to). Crisis averted. ;)

FutureCEO

I'm liking my FitBit. I knew I moved a great deal during the day but was surprised how much I moved in the morning. I just missed the target 10,000 steps last night by a couple hundred. Hit it on Sunday by evening and today I hit it before 4pm. Funnier, I hit 1,973 steps by 8:15AM this morning and I slept in until 6:20AM today. According to them that is burning over 1,600 calories and about 5 miles of walking. This would be interesting to wear at Animal Kingdom or Epcot.

I charged my fitbit twice and then never wore it again. It's been 3 months since I last wore it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ugh do my like getting back to the grind. We had a wonderful vacation. The weather was perfect. The crowds not so much. Had no idea that many kids were still taking spring breaks! The lines were up to 140 mts on some of the major rides but we had fpasses. We got on all the rides we like.
The best parts were our room- CBR top floor, corner room. Getting dinner res at the last minute twice and walking in once! We ate at Nine Dragons for DH's bday dinner. It was awesome! Walked into Tutto Gusto for pasta-very good! And last mt got into Coral Reef- even got a table next to aquarium!! Did meet some awfully nice people too.
The ugh parts were lines, people that don't listen to cm's and do whatever they want, rude parents to small kids, and finally trouble using magicbands a lot!
But, all in all it was one of the best trips we have had. And we have had 28 of them so far. Keep thinking we will get tired of going to the same place but hasn't happened yet. Now, to plan next trip!! :):cool:

Awe sounds like a great trip, minus the magic bands anyhow.

What was up with the magic bands?

Gabe1

Airbags can be a nuisance. A few months ago, we were sweating getting the car inspected; and in our state, if the airbag light doesn't go out, the car won't pass inspection. The price for various types of repair were insane--more than the book value of the car we have. (We have a used car.) But then hubby, who knows about electrical equipment, knew that sometimes problems are related to wires getting loose, or damaged. So he trouble shooted just the wire connections and voila. Found a loose connection, fixed it, and the light went out. Works fine now--airbag light goes on when you first start up the car (as it's supposed to) and then goes out a few seconds later (also, as it is supposed to). Crisis averted. ;)

Sadly car repairs are much like dental bills. Insane.

93boomer

Premium Member
Awe sounds like a great trip, minus the magic bands anyhow.

What was up with the magic bands?
First, I got an email saying we could bypass resort check-in and go straight to the parks. They had my phone number to text when our room was ready. So, we go to Epcot. MBs won't let us in. CM says we don't have any tickets:mad: Sent us to ticket window. She sent us to guest relations. Very nice CM there after 45 mts tried something that worked. Had to call resort about it too. Somehow our whole trip got erased?! Had to reset pin to charge to our room. Had to go to resort concierge to verify when we head back to resort. Just a pain.
We finally got into Epcot and couldn't charge food:mad: Can you see why we had problems? Needed a drink by this time but held off! Lol
We left and headed to the resort since we hadn't gotten a text that our room was ready and it was near 3:00. Stopped and explained to the lady that greeted us. She said we hadn't checked in and that was the problem. Then why the email saying we could bypass checkin? Another CM apparently checked and said it was fixed. Got in room ok. Or so we thought. :banghead:
Got into another park ok but couldn't charge again. So headed to guest relations line again. Those lines are never short. We had to start over with pins again and hoped it worked. It did. Never had another problem until last day. It had worked all day until our last park we had park-hopped to and DH's wouldn't let him in.
We have used mbands so many trips and never had this many problems. We are still not sure why it happened. :rolleyes:

Gabe1

First, I got an email saying we could bypass resort check-in and go straight to the parks. They had my phone number to text when our room was ready. So, we go to Epcot. MBs won't let us in. CM says we don't have any tickets:mad: Sent us to ticket window. She sent us to guest relations. Very nice CM there after 45 mts tried something that worked. Had to call resort about it too. Somehow our whole trip got erased?! Had to reset pin to charge to our room. Had to go to resort concierge to verify when we head back to resort. Just a pain.
We finally got into Epcot and couldn't charge food:mad: Can you see why we had problems? Needed a drink by this time but held off! Lol
We left and headed to the resort since we hadn't gotten a text that our room was ready and it was near 3:00. Stopped and explained to the lady that greeted us. She said we hadn't checked in and that was the problem. Then why the email saying we could bypass checkin? Another CM apparently checked and said it was fixed. Got in room ok. Or so we thought. :banghead:
Got into another park ok but couldn't charge again. So headed to guest relations line again. Those lines are never short. We had to start over with pins again and hoped it worked. It did. Never had another problem until last day. It had worked all day until our last park we had park-hopped to and DH's wouldn't let him in.
We have used mbands so many trips and never had this many problems. We are still not sure why it happened. :rolleyes:

I agree. A couple years ago we had so many issues the day of check-in. Our dining plan disappeared. Then a CM told us they couldn't add it back on because we already checked in, a policy you know! Got absolutely nowhere with front desk, went to room and started calling. It was fixed and directed back to front desk. Went to get refill mugs and nope. Back to front desk. We had been up since 1 am and wasted 2 hours of touring time. Frustrating. My DD MB that trip worked fine. Mine never worked to get in at the MK. I was always sent to a CM winging an iPad to confirm our Reservation #. It happened one morning at the Studios at rope drop. It took so long to gain entry that we had an hour standby wait for Toy by the time they finally let me into the park. So frustrating. Yes, it works well most of the time but when it doesn't it isn't magical. Hate that these glitches are still happening, and that it happened to you guys.

93boomer

Premium Member
I agree. A couple years ago we had so many issues the day of check-in. Our dining plan disappeared. Then a CM told us they couldn't add it back on because we already checked in, a policy you know! Got absolutely nowhere with front desk, went to room and started calling. It was fixed and directed back to front desk. Went to get refill mugs and nope. Back to front desk. We had been up since 1 am and wasted 2 hours of touring time. Frustrating. My DD MB that trip worked fine. Mine never worked to get in at the MK. I was always sent to a CM winging an iPad to confirm our Reservation #. It happened one morning at the Studios at rope drop. It took so long to gain entry that we had an hour standby wait for Toy by the time they finally let me into the park. So frustrating. Yes, it works well most of the time but when it doesn't it isn't magical. Hate that these glitches are still happening, and that it happened to you guys.
Ohh thanks! It is frustrating that they are still having these problems. The funny thing is that we got to use the first mbands when they were testing them and didn't have this many problems.

betty rose

Good morning everyone. I spent yesterday at Kohl's trying to find a couple tops and capri's. Boy, the selection this season is awful, paper thin t-shirts. Capri's with all kinds of zippers, etc. I hate zippers, they can snag other clothes in the washer. We are going to the mall this afternoon, to see if I can do better there. I refuse to wear three shirts, to allow for personal privacy. I just don't get it. I forgot to add, hubby walked all around the store, while I tried on clothes. We went on a whim, and wanted to walk somewhere else.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom