The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And they cant even give you a new car? or send it somewhere else?
sounds like a cheap way to keep the car.
"lol we do not have parts, we are too lazy and cheap to order new ones for now, so well keep your car.. good luck!"

Thirty Five Million, maybe more just in the United States for airbags add in worldwide and Yikes! Not like any dealership has that many airbags hanging around.

Gabe1

We are back from the doctor. The stone has moved further down, just above the bladder. Hubby goes back in two weeks. If it isn't out, then they will go up with a lazer, and blast the stone.....it's the size of a small pea. Ouch! Check to make sure the ureter isn't damaged put in a stent and hope the rest passes. If not, they will go up and retrieve it, and put in another stent. We are feeling major stress at this point. If they can't get it out, hubby's kidney will shut down, and he will be in big trouble according to the urologist.

Not being a guy I have no frame of reference however those two little words make me cringe.

Hope it just passes already. Hugs to Mr. Bets

donaldtoo

Oh my! Mr. Portillo isn't going to like this marketing. :rolleyes:

"In a recent promotional video, Portillo's details its usual lineup of hot dog condiments, which doesn't include ketchup (thank goodness). Then, all of a sudden, the video's narrator intones, "While ketchup doesn't come standard, we'll add it if you like." The horror. What are we? Animals?" -time out-

What the heck? :confused: Why mess with perfection?

image.jpg

time-out

I definitely do not put ketchup on a hot dog.
I generally only use mustard, but, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a chili cheese dog with mustard and onions from time to time. ;)
When we used to work all those concessions at The University of Texas years ago, I used to prepare all those commercial grade hot dogs and sausages for sausage wraps. I used to just wrap them, of course, so the Guest put on whatever condiments they wanted at an adjacent condiment bar.
They were sooo good I used to eat them both just plain on the bun or tortilla. And we took home so many leftovers. The flavor was just amazing...! :hungry:

BuddyThomas

What's the latest on the job front, Buddy...? Any encouraging news...?
I actually had a lunch meeting today and I have an offer for something that pays more than what I am making now. I thought it was going to be an "interview" and they were actually woo-ing me to come over to their company. I almost have to take it because I live paycheck to paycheck, but it doesn't actually seem like the perfect fit. But geez, from the comments on here the past few pages, we are all having problems, aren't we? A lot more severe than this. I'm actually praying for all of us. :)

donaldtoo

I actually had a lunch meeting today and I have an offer for something that pays more than what I am making now. I thought it was going to be an "interview" and they were actually woo-ing me to come over to their company. I almost have to take it because I live paycheck to paycheck, but it doesn't actually seem like the perfect fit. But geez, from the comments on here the past few pages, we are all having problems, aren't we? A lot more severe than this. I'm actually praying for all of us. :)

Even though it doesn't seem like the best fit for you right now, that's still awesome news! Congrats, and hope it works out! :)

And yes, so many going through so much.
I'm always praying.

BuddyThomas

Even though it doesn't seem like the best fit for you right now, that's still awesome news! Congrats, and hope it works out! :)

And yes, so many going through so much.
I'm always praying.
Thanks so much! You folks are so great on here that even though most of us don't really know each other, it feels like we do, and kind of a family - and I get upset when I hear about anyone going through hard times. I'm just hoping everything works out for everyone. And I so much appreciate the support you guys have sent my way too.

Gabe1

I have said for a while Disney shouldn't be blinking while Universal-Orlando is on the move.

McDonalds Corp has moved its WorldWide Convention from Disney Property to Universal. My DD childhood friend Dad owns many McDonalds, been in the family for years. Even when they were little tots all the kids skipped school for the McD's convention originally at the Contemporary way back, so many guests, converged to the property most bringing their families. I think of the convention space, the high end meals, the park tickets, the rented boats etc. Now all just converging at Universal instead. Yikes!

Gabe1

I definitely do not put ketchup on a hot dog.
I generally only use mustard, but, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a chili cheese dog with mustard and onions from time to time. ;)
When we used to work all those concessions at The University of Texas years ago, I used to prepare all those commercial grade hot dogs and sausages for sausage wraps. I used to just wrap them, of course, so the Guest put on whatever condiments they wanted at an adjacent condiment bar.
They were sooo good I used to eat them both just plain on the bun or tortilla. And we took home so many leftovers. The flavor was just amazing...! :hungry:

Yes there is something about a dog done right! Slurp. :hungry:

donaldtoo

Thanks so much! You folks are so great on here that even though most of us don't really know each other, it feels like we do, and kind of a family - and I get upset when I hear about anyone going through hard times. I'm just hoping everything works out for everyone. And I so much appreciate the support you guys have sent my way too.

You're very welcome!
Yep, a bit of a Chit Chat family. We all rally around each other during tough times. It can be hard to keep up sometimes, but, I try to give it my best shot. The support, encouragement, well-wishes, and prayers here have been very helpful to me many times. :)

Gabe1

Well it is nice that it wasn't just an interview. Is it a close enough fit? Doesn't mean you have to stay there forever...maybe you're on the road to being woo'd more often, could possibly be the tides are turning for you???

Thanks for the prayers. You're right, we seem to have lots on our plates these days. I'll pray that you make the right decision. : )

Gabe1

Yeah we are like a big 'ole family here. We look after each other. :inlove:

BuddyThomas

Well it is nice that it wasn't just an interview. Is it a close enough fit? Doesn't mean you have to stay there forever...maybe you're on the road to being woo'd more often, could possibly be the tides are turning for you???

Thanks for the prayers. You're right, we seem to have lots on our plates these days. I'll pray that you make the right decision. : )
You guys totally rock. All of you. Totally awesome people on this board. Well, maybe except for that Katybug person and her "unmagical day" from a few years ago, or whatever her name was. ;)

Cesar R M

I have said for a while Disney shouldn't be blinking while Universal-Orlando is on the move.

McDonalds Corp has moved its WorldWide Convention from Disney Property to Universal. My DD childhood friend Dad owns many McDonalds, been in the family for years. Even when they were little tots all the kids skipped school for the McD's convention originally at the Contemporary way back, so many guests, converged to the property most bringing their families. I think of the convention space, the high end meals, the park tickets, the rented boats etc. Now all just converging at Universal instead. Yikes!
like many people in the forums have said..
Disney might be getting tons in "cents' for their cost cuts and price increases..but they are losing a lot of customers as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom