The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

kNhaiIA.gif

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hello, all! I have returned from the desert. Absolutely beautiful, and I found my palm tree, conveniently located in Dad's backyard. Next to the pool, and not far from an orange tree. :D
It's my birthday, today, the sun is hiding (actually talking thunder storms), and if you would all be so kind to send me back to the desert, that would be great!:cool:

Did someone take you up on your request and send you back to the desert?

*waves Hi!*

Last edited:

donaldtoo

They do have a strange system for scheduling and I'm guessing like the rest of the CMs their perks likely got slashed too.

I wish I would have asked about the perks. As you posted though, pretty sure TDS CMs got slashed, too.
When I first started working there, they only scheduled me for 3 hr. shifts a coupla' days a week. That was standard for all new hire non-mgmt. regular part time CMs, though. I used to pick up a lot of other shifts from other CMs when they'd call out, so I got plenty of hours that way.
Then, of course, when I became a Lead Mgr. I was getting plenty and still covering others shifts up to just under 40 hrs. You could not go over 40 hrs. without being reprimanded.
The CM I was talking about is a former CPer. She never liked being on stage or working the Box Office (cash wrap/registers).
But, she was awesome at the things I mentioned in my other post, so mgmt. worked a deal with her that she could do only those things.
Plus, she also worked close to full-time hours at Target, at the time. Not sure what other kind of work she's doin' now.
When the firm hired me back full time, TDS mgmt. let me stay on and only work Friday closers (Half-day Friday at the firm ;)) and Sat. and Sun. :)

Gabe1

I wish I would have asked about the perks. As you posted though, pretty sure TDS CMs got slashed, too.
When I first started working there, they only scheduled me for 3 hr. shifts a coupla' days a week. That was standard for all new hire non-mgmt. regular part time CMs, though. I used to pick up a lot of other shifts from other CMs when they'd call out, so I got plenty of hours that way.
Then, of course, when I became a Lead Mgr. I was getting plenty and still covering others shifts up to just under 40 hrs. You could not go over 40 hrs. without being reprimanded.
The CM I was talking about is a former CPer. She never liked being on stage or working the Box Office (cash wrap/registers).
But, she was awesome at the things I mentioned in my other post, so mgmt. worked a deal with her that she could do only those things.
Plus, she also worked close to full-time hours at Target, at the time. Not sure what other kind of work she's doin' now.
When the firm hired me back full time, TDS mgmt. let me stay on and only work Friday closers (Half-day Friday at the firm ;)) and Sat. and Sun. :)

The cutting of perks I just don't get. The passes and room are not a cost driven perk, even the discount on the dining plan they make money on as they do with the resorts. That rub of needing to make more money off the CM's or severely limit what and when they can use them only grates on the employees. Yes they have an endless supply of applicants however the turn over and quality of cast won't be the same when they need sooooo many. I don't like their new business model for perks it just seems counterproductive.

Gabe1

I'm liking my FitBit. I knew I moved a great deal during the day but was surprised how much I moved in the morning. I just missed the target 10,000 steps last night by a couple hundred. Hit it on Sunday by evening and today I hit it before 4pm. Funnier, I hit 1,973 steps by 8:15AM this morning and I slept in until 6:20AM today. According to them that is burning over 1,600 calories and about 5 miles of walking. This would be interesting to wear at Animal Kingdom or Epcot.

donaldtoo

I'm liking my FitBit. I knew I moved a great deal during the day but was surprised how much I moved in the morning. I just missed the target 10,000 steps last night by a couple hundred. Hit it on Sunday by evening and today I hit it before 4pm. Funnier, I hit 1,973 steps by 8:15AM this morning and I slept in until 6:20AM today. According to them that is burning over 1,600 calories and about 5 miles of walking. This would be interesting to wear at Animal Kingdom or Epcot.

Both DDs and DWifey like theirs very much as well. DWifey got hers a coupla' weeks before our Princess 5K trip, and, like DDs, wears it daily.
Looks like I'm, eventually, gonna' hafta' get one for myself...! ;) :)

Gabe1

Both DDs and DWifey like theirs very much as well. DWifey got hers a coupla' weeks before our Princess 5K trip, and, like DDs, wears it daily.
Looks like I'm, eventually, gonna' hafta' get one for myself...! ;) :)

My DD has had one a while. She really likes it. Love its little bonus of telling me my cell has an incoming phone call.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom