The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

When we were kids (4 of us) at home, my parents allowed each one of us 15 minutes per day, to talk to our chummies on the family phone. I would sometimes whisper to my pals on the phone (remember--the phone was hung on the wall in the kitchen, and everyone would be walking in and out of there . . .), so that I could keep all my brilliant, high-level conversations "exclusive" to only those esteemed members, who were in my circle of friends! :D

I'm jealous now of kids walking around at any hour of the day, with their OWN phones, and all the privacy and time they need for their conversations! :banghead:
We had the 15 minute rule too. :(

betty rose

So, today, after over 17 years at my company, my position has apparently been eliminated. And it doesn't have anything to do with all the debauchery that I have posted on here. They are apparently building a new facility in LA that is very over budget and every department is being asked to cut. Well....I win. The cut anyway. Even though my boss told me I was bringing in the most money for the company, etc. It all makes no sense whatsoever.

Does anyone here know how severance packages work? I have never been fired from a job in my entire life, and I need some advice. Thanks in advance.
I'm so sorry.

betty rose

@betty rose how is your dh doing?
He hasn't passed anymore pieces of stone, and is still experiencing pressure. That may mean it's breaking away slowly. He has an appointment with the urologist on Monday, and we will know more then with another x-ray. Thanks so much for asking. How are you and the family doing? I'm glad to hear your weather is improving. We are getting another nice day. Rain is coming in this week-end.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

So, today, after over 17 years at my company, my position has apparently been eliminated. And it doesn't have anything to do with all the debauchery that I have posted on here. They are apparently building a new facility in LA that is very over budget and every department is being asked to cut. Well....I win. The cut anyway. Even though my boss told me I was bringing in the most money for the company, etc. It all makes no sense whatsoever.

Does anyone here know how severance packages work? I have never been fired from a job in my entire life, and I need some advice. Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hear that. I have to echo @MinnieM123, unless you are under a contract it is up to the employer what, if anything, they give as severance. The one thing that they must give you is the pay for any accrued sick, vacation or personal time as long as you have been there a sufficient amount of time. I'd think 17 years would cover it. Sadly for me, I never worked for anyone that had even the slightest idea about severance packages. So that was all I got... accrued time. I was laid off twice in my career and that was what I had to deal with. If they do give severance it can either be spread out over time, but, I have always seen it (happen to others) as a one time payment. That takes more out for taxes that way, but, it is the usual way that they do that.

Figgy1

Premium Member
He hasn't passed anymore pieces of stone, and is still experiencing pressure. That may mean it's breaking away slowly. He has an appointment with the urologist on Monday, and we will know more than with another x-ray. Thanks so much for asking. How are you and the family doing? I'm glad to hear your weather is improving. We are getting another nice day. Rain is coming in this week-end.
I hope they're all gone before the X ray! We're all fine just wet LOL. I may need to do some hunting over the weekend as it may get nippy again!:mad:

littleroo

Good afternoon @littleroo. Have you made any more ADRs? I just scored BOG for a date night dinner.
I actually have not. The rest are not too hard to come by. Congrats on BOG!! I am so jealous your guys are old enough to be left for a few hours so you can have some well deserved time on your own!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I have seen a few posts on sunshine sitting for staying off property. All great reviews just don't know if I could leave the kids with someone I don't know.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I actually have not. The rest are not too hard to come by. Congrats on BOG!! I am so jealous your guys are old enough to be left for a few hours so you can have some well deserved time on your own!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I have seen a few posts on sunshine sitting for staying off property. All great reviews just don't know if I could leave the kids with someone I don't know.
I don't blame you at all. Now we have to pick a place for our UNI night sans boys. The boys will be in the park while we eat. They will get CS that night!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom