The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

No, no good news.

Actually my Mom surfaced today while I went downstairs to update her and my sister. Makes it harder unfortunately.
So sorry, Mom's can get in the way. When I knew, in my heart my dad was dying, I told him I loved him. Mom said that I was awful and shouldn't have said that. She had no say over me at that point, a small voice told me to go home and see dad before he passed. I was there with him. The same voice told me to go and visit Mom right before she passed. Some people don't understand that the other side can get messages to us, even when we aren't looking for them. I also knew when my grandpa passed, I was on a date with hubby, and I told him we had to go back to my house. He didn't understand at the time, but after seeing that my native american heritage, has left me with knowledge about loved ones, he doesn't question. I also knew when brother passed, he came to my bedside and said all is okay. I can't explain this, I just except it. Hubby does too.

betty rose

Hard when a park hopper 10 day pass if about $500 Still I enjoy variety.
Yes, I feel betrayed by Disney, having bought DVC. Everything is going up and up. Having retired, it's getting harder and harder to justify keeping the DVC. Our dues are 2,400$ a year, and our time share is only cleaned every 6 days, no clean sheets until then. The cleaning is haphazard at best. I've found cigarette butts in the toilet. And it's supposed to be no smoking. Just getting more disgusting every year. If it weren't for the grandkids, I would be out by now. But, they are getting older and want to visit "the other" park. I want to, daughter loves Disney, she grew up there; and still wants to go . It's hard.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I stated that it wasn't easy, nor was it going to be a quick thing. Of course it's unfair, but, the fight has to be fought just the same. That is the resistance I was talking about. Women can't throw your hands up in the air and say... I give up, it's never going to change because that will make it a self fulfilled prophecy.

I don't relate that statement about Sanders manager was a slam against females as much as it is a political statement that she would not be a good president, not completely because of gender, but, because of ability and the idea the there are still many that haven't gotten the women are equal message yet. I have known Sanders for many years being from Vermont. That is a stand that he personally would not support. What needs to happen is that she needs to get elected and with the support of women she will. The question is... will women support her and if they don't is it because they also believe that gender is the reason? I'm convinced that woman have the power, but, they need to exercise it strongly and with unity.

Again though we are getting way to serious in Chit Chat for that discussion. We really need to "let it go" (thought I throw a little Disney humor in there). We both have stated our opinions on the subject, but, I keep getting the feeling that you think I am against you and don't agree that there are significant discriminatory ways that women are looked at. I am on your side.. it needs to stop and it will when women decide that enough is enough and take a strong stand. It will change! I've tried not to over-simplify it, but, the basic idea that it can change with enough support is still true in my mind.

No, I try not to take any touchie topic and twist it into a personal one unless someone makes an incredibly icky comment. It is easy to twist people's words and try and make them look small and I don't understand the 'whys' of all that.

I think what it does come down to is it is considered a Woman's issue that woman are told they need to fight. To me it is a worldwide human race problem that needs to be abolished by both men and women to cure. Progressive nations being the leadership for the most oppressive ones. Men stop telling women what they should do and actively push for changes side by side the women both legislatively and in real life situations or People like I have previously stated will continue to have the power to keep gender equality from happening. It is easier to stand on the sidelines, observe, judge and advise than to make a mark and do something. Unified as men and women needs to happen to stop the oppression. Kinda one of the reasons I am a bad Catholic another place that women are limited and have a glass ceiling. I still look at this Pope as a glimmer of hope, he demonstrates to me where men can actually change things that women no matter how hard they fight cannot.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hard to believe, but, that's a good thing. It frustrates me no end that so many people won't try anything different. I know that there are some slimy things that are just unpalatable. I tried Frogs Legs mostly to gross out a date I was with. It worked really well. BTW, it tasted like chicken. I'd eat them again if I had too, but as long as it's going to taste like chicken anyway, I might as well eat chicken.
In case you think that my Frog Leg adventure was just the action of an immature teenager, I have to admit that it was the action of an immature senior.
I was 61 at the time.:oops:

Well here's another idea for you to gross out your next date. I've eaten GATOR in Florida!! Yup, "sort of" tastes like chicken. I guess everything tastes like chicken!! (This was ages ago when my mother and I went on a side trip over to Gatorland, somewhere near, or in the Kissimmee area. That place was hilarious!

As I vaguely recall, I think the gator was prepared like gator nuggets, sort of lightly breaded and fried. It wasn't bad, actually. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
He is like a slinky. Stretched to his limit and then bounces back again.

Yup. Seen that scenario play out multiple times with my own parents, (may God rest their souls). It's rough for the patient and the family to ride that up and down seesaw. If you can, take breaks for yourself and walk outside the hospital and get some fresh air. See some different things to give your mind a rest a few times a day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well here's another idea for you to gross out your next date. I've eaten GATOR in Florida!! Yup, "sort of" tastes like chicken. I guess everything tastes like chicken!! (This was ages ago when my mother and I went on a side trip over to Gatorland, somewhere near, or in the Kissimmee area. That place was hilarious!

As I vaguely recall, I think the gator was prepared like gator nuggets, sort of lightly breaded and fried. It wasn't bad, actually. :)

I have had gator too, it wasn't bad. It was breaded and fried and did taste a bit like a chicken nugget but chewier.

Goofyernmost

I had "gator" in New Orleans on a dinner cruise on the Mississippi. I agree it did taste like chicken. In all fairness it was done as a very spicy Jambalaya so it might not have been possible to really know what it tastes like. Rattle Snake is also chicken flavored, they tell me, that's one that I am just going to take their word for.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Same here. We only ever had one phone while I was still at home. :)

When we were kids (4 of us) at home, my parents allowed each one of us 15 minutes per day, to talk to our chummies on the family phone. I would sometimes whisper to my pals on the phone (remember--the phone was hung on the wall in the kitchen, and everyone would be walking in and out of there . . .), so that I could keep all my brilliant, high-level conversations "exclusive" to only those esteemed members, who were in my circle of friends! :D

I'm jealous now of kids walking around at any hour of the day, with their OWN phones, and all the privacy and time they need for their conversations! :banghead:

Goofyernmost

I just remember another strange one that I used to gross out my Grandson. We have a Chinese Buffet in town that has Pigs Ears. So I got one and proceed to eat it and dared him to do so (he didn't, what a coward). They don't have much flavor but consist of very chewy cartilage. That one got a better reaction then the Frogs legs did.

Pork is a big thing in North Carolina. There is a pork store not to far from here where you can buy, for food, any part of the pig. (internal and external) The first thing that greets you when you walk in is a display cooler that have pig faces (complete) for sale. I was going to ask how that was prepared but decided that I really didn't want to know.

Goofyernmost

No, I try not to take any touchie topic and twist it into a personal one unless someone makes an incredibly icky comment. It is easy to twist people's words and try and make them look small and I don't understand the 'whys' of all that.

I think what it does come down to is it is considered a Woman's issue that woman are told they need to fight. To me it is a worldwide human race problem that needs to be abolished by both men and women to cure. Progressive nations being the leadership for the most oppressive ones. Men stop telling women what they should do and actively push for changes side by side the women both legislatively and in real life situations or People like I have previously stated will continue to have the power to keep gender equality from happening. It is easier to stand on the sidelines, observe, judge and advise than to make a mark and do something. Unified as men and women needs to happen to stop the oppression. Kinda one of the reasons I am a bad Catholic another place that women are limited and have a glass ceiling. I still look at this Pope as a glimmer of hope, he demonstrates to me where men can actually change things that women no matter how hard they fight cannot.
I did some research and found the perfect rallying song for the cause:

donaldtoo

When we were kids (4 of us) at home, my parents allowed each one of us 15 minutes per day, to talk to our chummies on the family phone. I would sometimes whisper to my pals on the phone (remember--the phone was hung on the wall in the kitchen, and everyone would be walking in and out of there . . .), so that I could keep all my brilliant, high-level conversations "exclusive" to only those esteemed members, who were in my circle of friends! :D

I'm jealous now of kids walking around at any hour of the day, with their OWN phones, and all the privacy and time they need for their conversations! :banghead:

Funny, I never have been much of a phone chit chat person...except for when DWifey and I were dating. ;)
I'm still not much for it. By far and away, most of my time on my cell phone is spent on the Internet. :cyclops:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So sorry, Mom's can get in the way. When I knew, in my heart my dad was dying, I told him I loved him. Mom said that I was awful and shouldn't have said that. She had no say over me at that point, a small voice told me to go home and see dad before he passed. I was there with him. The same voice told me to go and visit Mom right before she passed. Some people don't understand that the other side can get messages to us, even when we aren't looking for them. I also knew when my grandpa passed, I was on a date with hubby, and I told him we had to go back to my house. He didn't understand at the time, but after seeing that my native american heritage, has left me with knowledge about loved ones, he doesn't question. I also knew when brother passed, he came to my bedside and said all is okay. I can't explain this, I just except it. Hubby does too.

I love my Mom dearly, still there are things she says and does now that highly questionable. With all this going on she is rewriting what Doc's and Nurses are say. Providing some inaccurate info to nursing and support staff. Today when she showed up when she said she wasn't and it is over an hour drive for her too she decided to bring me up to date on my Dads condition, I was there for an hour before her and she wasn't there yesterday. Worse she got most of it wrong.

I love your intuition. My gut tells me things sometimes and I seem to always regret if I don't listen to it. I don't write off much of what others experience. I've never seen ghosts or been visited by spirits but I am open to the idea that some people do have these types of experiences. I have some strange deja vu occurrences that are a tad creepity though rare now as I have aged, they were kinda unnerving.
Somehow I am not recalling your Native American Heritage. Ooops. :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom