The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

That actually reminds me of my time at the public university.
Some teachers were arrogant hypocrital aholes.

No seriously. There was this one who could give you a instant 0 if you got late. Doesnt matter if you were ill, had a flat tire, or an accident on the road.
Yet many times she was late because she was in the cafeteria taking breakfast. :mad:
What a hypocrite. This professor has been late a fair amount of times, which is why she doesn't make a big deal if you run a few minutes late. She just asks you be on time for test days or if you have a presentation.

betty rose

And as long as women keep thinking that way it will continue to happen. I cannot speak for the rest of the world, because abstract poverty and oppressive narrow thinking happens in places that I cannot possibly be talking about. I am talking about this country, this first world location where women think that they have no power, when they have the majority of it. It's statistically been said that women control the purse strings in this country. Stop buying that stuff and you will definitely be heard.

And why do you feel better about being told how you should look? Who told you that you will feel better and "look" better if you stay with a dictated style? Did a fashion magazine tell you that if you wear the latest style you will feel good about yourself and otherwise you will be frumpy and feel bad about yourself? Why are you listening and responding to it?

I told you that I didn't mean what I was saying to be an insult. You apparently took it that way. When I mentioned "men", it was just an example. Plug in anything you want instead of men... it's still the same! As you know, I had two daughters and, if I never did anything else, I always told them that they could achieve anything or be anything that they wanted to be and that the glass ceiling was breakable. I told them that they had all the power in the world, all they had to do was exercise it. One of them told me recently that life wasn't what I told them it was and that they have had to fight for what they wanted, and fight they did and have achieved. Women are the majority in this country, how does that translate into no power, either politically or economically? It isn't the lack of power, it is the lack of exercising that power.

I'm not speaking about third world, uneducated, poverty ridden people, I'm speaking of the women of this country and our little section of it.
It depends on your parents, we were belittled, told we wouldn't amount to anything, and told we had to dress nice, to get a husband. After you hear that for 21+ years. It takes years to undo that mess. I'll never remember when I went back home to see Mom and Dad , after being married 20 years. First thing my Mom said, understand I hadn't seem them for over two years; she said why don't you wear some makeup? And why are you wearing jeans. It was the same thing every time I went home. I'm not angry about your post. It's just not everyone comes from good parenting skills. I wish that I could have had that experience that your daughter's did. You are a great Dad!:happy:

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I'm more ancient, I still use a land line.
My parents still use a landline I used one too up until I got unlimited talk and text on my phone. Now people can call me directly and I don't have to worry about minutes. I had a cell phone in high school, but at first, it was just so I could call my mother. Then we added a texting plan later, so I would occasionally text. I started using it more and more senior year of high school and into college. I got an unlimited plan less because of the minutes and more because between school and friends, I needed the unlimited texting. I would burn through my texting plan in about a week's time. My mom has unlimited texting but not unlimited talk. She doesn't answer her phone if she's at home; she only answers the landline. My dad is on a 10 cents a minute plan, has one of my old phones, doesn't text, and doesn't even have it on most of the time. He wouldn't have one except for that my mom and I are very insistent that he be reachable.

They're younger than you, so you're not that old ;)

donaldtoo

Oh I love it! I always stay in the bubble so we have never rented a car for WDW. We also never go in Sept and usually do the dining plan. We now have three children and need more space. @figmentfan423 has always recommended how much she enjoys staying off site and loves the extra space so we are giving it a whirl. A lot of new for me! I cant wait to thevkids arecold enough to plan for me!

On our honeymoon in '88, DWifey and myself flew out to Orlando and back, stayed offsite, and rented a car.
Ever since our first family trip in '01 (we have 3 kiddos as well, although ours are all now grown) we've flown out and back, stayed onsite, and never rented a car. LOVE the bubble...! ;) :)
Our first 2 trips we stayed at POR in one of the Bayou rooms that had a trundle bed. Since '07, we've been stayin' in family suites at value resorts. Oldest DD is married so SonIL has been with us on our last 3 trips. We still stay in family suites 'cause they accommodate all 6 of us, and we don't spend that much time at the resort, anyway. Mostly just to crash and clean up.
Anyhoo, don't see us doin' it any different in the forseable future. Things could change down the road, though...you just never know...! ;) :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's been an interesting day. My older ds was home all day due to a power outage and my baby got sent home after 12 another power outage. The wind finally seems to be dying down and my lights haven't flickered since this morning. I think if we make it until 6 then we should be safe power wise. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter weather? LOL

betty rose

It's been an interesting day. My older ds was home all day due to a power outage and my baby got sent home after 12 another power outage. The wind finally seems to be dying down and my lights haven't flickered since this morning. I think if we make it until 6 then we should be safe power wise. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter weather? LOL
My sympathy. Maybe you should keep all the ground hog for yourself.;)

littleroo

On our honeymoon in '88, DWifey and myself flew out to Orlando and back, stayed offsite, and rented a car.
Ever since our first family trip in '01 (we have 3 kiddos as well, although ours are all now grown) we've flown out and back, stayed onsite, and never rented a car. LOVE the bubble...! ;) :)
Our first 2 trips we stayed at POR in one of the Bayou rooms that had a trundle bed. Since '07, we've been stayin' in family suites at value resorts. Oldest DD is married so SonIL has been with us on our last 3 trips. We still stay in family suites 'cause they accommodate all 6 of us, and we don't spend that much time at the resort, anyway. Mostly just to crash and clean up.
Anyhoo, don't see us doin' it any different in the forseable future. Things could change down the road, though...you just never know...! ;) :)
@littleroo how was your vacation, did the boys survive without electronics, dis you make any ADRs yet? I missed you this weekend! Hope you had a fun Easter! xoxo

littleroo

@littleroo how was your vacation, did the boys survive without electronics, dis you make any ADRs yet? I missed you this weekend! Hope you had a fun Easter! xoxo
Ok sorry. I finally got a smart phone and I am just getting use to it. Yes we are home. Saturday and especially Sunday were beautiful. Had great meals. Green curry shrimp, lamb chops to name a few. How was your weekend? Did you have a nice Easter? So far we have reservations at Raglan Road and Garden Grill. Missed you.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@Goofyernmost Oy. I have to talk the pup for a second walk before I add my two cents in on your opinions of women and what you perceive as their fault before I take on a rebuttal, my stress release.I'm very fond of you and have been around in life about as long as you have so I am a bit surprised at your views and advice to a young woman and what you believe as a man is her/women's fault and under her/our direct control. I've heard many things like this come out of a particular candidate over the last year. Frustrating.

littleroo

The kids all are very different ages so that maked it tough, too. Where do you usually stay?. We are staying at the Bonnet Creek resort for half the price of POFQ, where we usually stay. Two bedrooms, master bath has a large jacuzzi, boys have there own bathroom, full kitchen and a lazy river. I am either going to love it or hate it. We shall see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom