The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Your point is what we are all holding out hope for for the Studio's. Take out yet one more thing from that park and push more guests to Uni for a real Studio experience. It is a gamble for Disney. I'm hoping Disney thinks again about this one but they are stubborn when they make up their minds from a financial standpoint.
when companies start to get blind and pursue nothing but roads to pure money.. thats where they start to go downhill and companies die.

Goofyernmost

Your point is what we are all holding out hope for for the Studio's. Take out yet one more thing from that park and push more guests to Uni for a real Studio experience. It is a gamble for Disney. I'm hoping Disney thinks again about this one but they are stubborn when they make up their minds from a financial standpoint.
I guess I need clarification on exactly what the "Studio" experience actually consists of. The studio's left DHS years ago and I don't recall a lot of true "studio" vibes in Universal. At least not in Florida. In California it certainly still has that vibe, but, unless I'm defining "Studio" differently then others, it hasn't existed in a long time in either DHS or Uni. Is having a theme the same as "studio's"? What am I missing.

Now that I think about it, DHS still has more studio connection then Uni @ Florida has. Indy comes to mind and until recently backlot and the car show. Streets of America as well. It is quite certain that almost all of that will be leaving soon, but, I know of no place other then California to get that exposure. That type of stuff is better left to an actual studio. Now if you are talking about attractions that are themed to random entertainment, I think we can safely say that would be close to 100% of anything you see at either one.

Songbird76

Please note if they try and seat you in the wing addition or the outside venue you can request to be seated in the real dining room. Trust me you'll appreciate the air conditioning.
Thanks for the tip! I made a note on my list of ADRs. I've written some notes where people have given tips...like asking for a table by the window at Sanaa, or to try the Jungle Juice at Tuskerhouse.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Tokyo Disneyland was great! At least, the main park was. Disney Sea had astronomical wait times and I only got to two rides there. TDL on the other hand was one of the best Disney experiences I've ever had! You can read more of my thoughts on the Tokyo sub-forum.

Songbird76

Yeah it makes sense. I think most of us over here have a great deal of empathy for all this everywhere since 9/11 here. My DD was small but one little boy in her class always had his long hair pulled and wrapped traditionally for a young child. After 9/11 the Dad had both boys hair cut and styled liked the other boys in their class. It was rather sad to think about.
Oh how sad. One of my friends is from India and after 9/11 he got dirty looks, people crossing the street to get away from him, etc...nicest guy you'd ever want to meet, but people were scared of him because he has dark skin and hair. It was so sad!
There have been some places here in the Netherlands where people have hung pig carcasses up outside of refugee camps, etc. But I haven't heard of anything like that happening where I am.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I guess the snow was 7-8 inches. Minnie I do wish I could send it your way.
I had 6" this morning, but it's still snowing there. They're saying we're supposed to get between 11 and 13". Meanwhile, I just finished a 150 mile road trip for a business meeting. Thank goodness most of the state is shut down so I didn't have to deal with too many unseasoned drivers! ;) I just hope the ride home goes as smooth...

Figgy1

Premium Member
I had 6" this morning, but it's still snowing there. They're saying we're supposed to get between 11 and 13". Meanwhile, I just finished a 150 mile road trip for a business meeting. Thank goodness most of the state is shut down so I didn't have to deal with too many unseasoned drivers! ;) I just hope the ride home goes as smooth...
Sympathy like. Be careful out there!!!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So it looks like I get to spend an e tea day in Orlando.....and it's not good. We were all boarded up on the plane and they announced that the baggage handlers found a dime sized dent near the cargo door. So it had to be inspected and they concluded that we could t fly. So we had to get off the plane and now I'm not leaving until 3:45pm. :mad:
So when I land in Minneapolis I will get to spend a few more hours at the airport as my husband has church at 7 and can't pick me up until that is done. :mad::mad: Which is why I picked this early flight, I usually take the latest flight possible. I have a friend that might be able to pick me up but it isn't looking promising. I stayed out late last night and all I want to do is sleep. Ok rant over.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So it looks like I get to spend an e tea day in Orlando.....and it's not good. We were all boarded up on the plane and they announced that the baggage handlers found a dime sized dent near the cargo door. So it had to be inspected and they concluded that we could t fly. So we had to get off the plane and now I'm not leaving until 3:45pm. :mad:
So when I land in Minneapolis I will get to spend a few more hours at the airport as my husband has church at 7 and can't pick me up until that is done. :mad::mad: Which is why I picked this early flight, I usually take the latest flight possible. I have a friend that might be able to pick me up but it isn't looking promising. I stayed out late last night and all I want to do is sleep. Ok rant over.

Just got a phone call from my friend, and she will be able to pick me up. At least now I won't have to stay in another airport until 9:30.
Sympathy like but at least you have a ride:confused::hilarious: safe travels

betty rose

Apparently Wyoming got slammed, too. Or at least part of it did...a lot of roads were closed. But my friends and family in Colorado seem to be getting it worse...or maybe they are just louder about it. I hope your hubby makes it through the storm without needing to go to the emergency room! What do they do for him there? Is it something you could do at home? Or does he just feel safer there in case he needs some treatment you can't give him?
The ER gives him a toradol shot for pain, and writes a prescription of morphine, to take at home, the new thing added this year was the beer and ride the bike.

betty rose

Bisetti's. It's right next to Kilwin's chocolate store...DANGEROUS combination. And there are a lot of options that don't have cheese. I'd recommend the lasagna, which is extremely popular because it's to die for, but I'm pretty sure it has cheese. Sausage and Peppers Pene is also a highly recommended one, and that one might be dairy free. But really, you can't go wrong there...I've never had anything I haven't loved. I always get the sampler platter now...it has alfredo, eggplant Parmesan, lasagna, manicotti, and your choice of meatball or Italian sausage. But again, I don't know how much of that would be dairy free. I know the Chicken Marsala is great, too. We go with a larger group and everyone orders something different and then we all get to try several different things.
That sounds great, thanks for the name. I love Ft. Collins, it's a nice college town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom