The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Update on team member:

Met with the professor. Basically, we have to give her one more chance, and then we can kick her out. He had actually called her into his office earlier today and told her she needs to enthusiastically participate. When we said that she was defensive when we confronted her, he said, "You're right; she was." Which indicates to us that she gave him the same attitude. He was very concerned, though, but said he needed to step back and think about it.

Even though it will mean more work for me, I'm hoping this girl drops the ball with the project due Monday so that we can be done with this nonsense.

StarWarsGirl

For some members here...
Animal-memes-its-spring-nope-502x720.jpg

brb1006

Who will meet and greet in the square then?
Stitch does not fit in the Main Street area.
I also wonder, Is Stitch getting his spot back in the tomorrowland's dance area?
I agree, while Marie might not fit at Main Street it also makes sense since the film she originated from was set in the 1900's (1910 to be correct). However I thought she was going to be moved back to the France Pavilion since it was fitting.

donaldtoo

Was 82 here today. Possible storms overnight, but, clearing tomorrow (72) and Friday (75), and through the weekend.
Good for the World Golf Championship - Dell Match Play tournament in town this weekend at the Austin Country Club.
As some of you know, I commute past this course to and from the firm across that bridge... :)

image.jpeg

Still way behind, hope your winter is about outta' there by now...! :)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm glad it's not just me that thinks it's a bit squidgy. I can't share most things even with my own kids because of germs and such. I'm not a germaphobe, but there are some things that the idea of sharing is gross. But the idea of someone else's child's slobber on my bottle was too much for me!!

You are better than me. I am so a germaphobe.

Gabe1

Dont most hotels also have their own bus systems?

Of sorts. The ones on hotel row have the best system I've seen. Others contract and pick up along the way lots of other non related hotels. They greatly vary. Some pick up only certain hours in morning and then at night. Some charge. I believe it is $5 for the new hotels near Animal Kingdom of Flamingo Crossing with very limited times. For a family of 4 Uber would likely be cheaper.

Gabe1

Just wondering something... does anyone know what this pond + creek is to Space Mountain? Is it just kept for for money reasons? For display? Can something be built on it if they felt like it? Because this would be prime real estate for a new very large e-ticket in a Tomorrowland expansion. Or does it have something to do with water drainage and/or the Utilidors? Thanks!
View attachment 134965

Yes anything is possible if Disney was willing to spend that type of money. That just isn't a little pond, it is part of a pretty elaborate water management systems that is throughout the Magic Kingdom and the entire WDW resort. What we sometimes look as theming in reality has a much larger hidden purpose. There are many threads over a decade or more on this site and others that speak to that chunk of property especially taking out the Carousel of Progress, Speedway for future expansion. I'm sure the boat load of money it will take is the reason it has not happened.

But like the Studio's anything is possible. The concept there is now to expand into areas that were protected and exchanging protected for new protected areas. With the extremely odd governmental bodies that govern WDW anything is possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom