The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Thanks for asking we did a small grocery run yesterday for peanut butter and jelly and croissants. We are good so far. The winds are still howling, and having our lights blinking on and off. Hubby has started up with kidney stone pains, last time he had one lodged, I had to take him to emergency in another blizzard. As I understand it, when pressure changes rapidly, that's when people have a lot of stones. Oh, boy ! It's currently illegal to drive without chains, or snow tires. I can't do chains, and we just have all weather tires. This winter has been pretty awful. I want out of here. I may kidnap my grandsons, and go to Florida to live. Daughter too, hubby wants no part of warm weather, here's looking at you @Minnie123;)
Apparently Wyoming got slammed, too. Or at least part of it did...a lot of roads were closed. But my friends and family in Colorado seem to be getting it worse...or maybe they are just louder about it. I hope your hubby makes it through the storm without needing to go to the emergency room! What do they do for him there? Is it something you could do at home? Or does he just feel safer there in case he needs some treatment you can't give him?

Songbird76

Can you name the place? I love good italian food, if they don't do cheese, or you can order without cheese. Might want to check this out this summer. Ft. Collins, is only a couple hours from my house.
Bisetti's. It's right next to Kilwin's chocolate store...DANGEROUS combination. And there are a lot of options that don't have cheese. I'd recommend the lasagna, which is extremely popular because it's to die for, but I'm pretty sure it has cheese. Sausage and Peppers Pene is also a highly recommended one, and that one might be dairy free. But really, you can't go wrong there...I've never had anything I haven't loved. I always get the sampler platter now...it has alfredo, eggplant Parmesan, lasagna, manicotti, and your choice of meatball or Italian sausage. But again, I don't know how much of that would be dairy free. I know the Chicken Marsala is great, too. We go with a larger group and everyone orders something different and then we all get to try several different things.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Fortunately we're far enough away from Brussels that it's not TOO bad, BUT there's a definite urgency because we know this isn't the end of it. There were the Paris attacks, the German game that was evacuated right after Paris, and now this, and IS is promising more attacks throughout European cities. So it's kind of inevitable that they will plan something here...probably in Amsterdam or The Hague..possibly Rotterdam. People are sad and worried. We also have a politician here who is anti-Muslim and anti-foreigner in general and he tends to stir things up, so it's making it tense. I imagine with the election going on in the U.S., it's probably similar there. At least as far as the tension going on between parties. But I think the main feeling here is just sadness for the people of Belgium and worry about who/where will be next. Fortunately, I haven't seen anything here with Muslims being threatened or attacked. I live in a neighborhood with a large Muslim population....both my next door neighbors are Muslim, and the kids both have a lot of Muslim kids in their classes and I haven't heard of any of them being bullied. So that's good. In some of the larger cities, there have been problems with riots because of the number of refugees being placed in centers there, but we haven't experienced that where I live. It's about as calm as you can expect it to be after an attack next door, I guess...if that makes sense?

I hope nothing happens and you stay safe!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom