The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Fortunately we're far enough away from Brussels that it's not TOO bad, BUT there's a definite urgency because we know this isn't the end of it. There were the Paris attacks, the German game that was evacuated right after Paris, and now this, and IS is promising more attacks throughout European cities. So it's kind of inevitable that they will plan something here...probably in Amsterdam or The Hague..possibly Rotterdam. People are sad and worried. We also have a politician here who is anti-Muslim and anti-foreigner in general and he tends to stir things up, so it's making it tense. I imagine with the election going on in the U.S., it's probably similar there. At least as far as the tension going on between parties. But I think the main feeling here is just sadness for the people of Belgium and worry about who/where will be next. Fortunately, I haven't seen anything here with Muslims being threatened or attacked. I live in a neighborhood with a large Muslim population....both my next door neighbors are Muslim, and the kids both have a lot of Muslim kids in their classes and I haven't heard of any of them being bullied. So that's good. In some of the larger cities, there have been problems with riots because of the number of refugees being placed in centers there, but we haven't experienced that where I live. It's about as calm as you can expect it to be after an attack next door, I guess...if that makes sense?
It can't be easy to live with all the tension. Always having to look around you.

betty rose

Ah...so perhaps it's a bit relative? I live in a place where good pizza is non-existent. So perhaps in comparison, Via Napoli will be fantastic. But since you have good pizza where you live, and not at Disney Prices, it's not something to rave about. I'll be interested to eat there and see. I loved the pizza in New York and Illinois, but pizza in Wyoming is nothing to write home about, and in the Netherlands even less so. I'm looking forward to REAL pizza.
Same with Colorado, no one can make a good pizza out here. Every time a new pizza place opens up, we try it, and are always disappointed.

Songbird76

It can't be easy to live with all the tension. Always having to look around you.
But that's just it....you don't really have to. My neighbors are all really nice. Granted the ones on the one side hardly speak Dutch and no English, but they are still friendly. And the ones on the other side have been here for decades and are no different from anyone else...the kids were born here. They are Muslim, but not radical/extremists. Where I am, I don't have to really look around me at all...they are nice people. It's a shame that a handful of crazies make it difficult. I'd say the Muslims have to look around them much more than I do.

StarWarsGirl

Ah...so perhaps it's a bit relative? I live in a place where good pizza is non-existent. So perhaps in comparison, Via Napoli will be fantastic. But since you have good pizza where you live, and not at Disney Prices, it's not something to rave about. I'll be interested to eat there and see. I loved the pizza in New York and Illinois, but pizza in Wyoming is nothing to write home about, and in the Netherlands even less so. I'm looking forward to REAL pizza.
Pizza here is normally nothing to write home about, but there's this one place, run by an Italian family that has two locations, that has such good pizza. I bring people there, and they usually don't believe me, and then they have the food and are always impressed. They also have really good pasta there. But the pizza is definitely the stand-out dish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom