The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Just so you know, Easter (this year) is the earliest it's ever been since the 1800s. It's just particularly early this year, so your usual spring weather may not quite be here yet.

Edit: Found an Easter Sundey on March 27 in 1785, but also there was one in 1932, if my (online) source is correct. It was my sister who mentioned the 1800s to me today on the phone, but I just looked it up and couldn't find March 27 during the 1800s.
http://www.timeanddate.com/news/holidays/early-easter-2008.html
It apparently fell earlier in 2008.

Songbird76

:jawdrop::eek::arghh::banghead::eek::jawdrop::in pain:

Wait, what? :jawdrop:

;)
It just grates on me. Can't stand it, which is sad, because her songs are very catchy. I like the music, just not her voice. I have the same thing with Alicia Keys. And I REALLY can't stand Josh Groban. Adelle is heading that way for me...her recent stuff is so screachy. And I don't know if Katie Melua was ever popular in the US...she's from the UK, but I had never heard of her until I moved here, but I have to change the radio station if she comes on. It's almost painful to my ears. I know...everyone LOVES Adelle, and Josh, etc. I'm weird.

StarWarsGirl

It just grates on me. Can't stand it, which is sad, because her songs are very catchy. I like the music, just not her voice. I have the same thing with Alicia Keys. And I REALLY can't stand Josh Groban. Adelle is heading that way for me...her recent stuff is so screachy. And I don't know if Katie Melua was ever popular in the US...she's from the UK, but I had never heard of her until I moved here, but I have to change the radio station if she comes on. It's almost painful to my ears. I know...everyone LOVES Adelle, and Josh, etc. I'm weird.
I guess I just like that Pop singers exist who don't let their voices get breathy, which drives me nuts.

I just wish Shakira and Adele enunciated a bit more. Sometimes, it's hard to understand what they're saying.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We go with the kids, but only in the parks for a few hours, of all the rides we do together, and then out for us. We are really slowing down. I hate that!

Maybe slowing down physically but you are one of the witty and funniest ladies I know. You bring a smile to my face so many times a day and sometimes you even make me spit coffee at the screen. :D

Are you and your hubby the same age?

FutureCEO

I WANT I WANT I WANT ONE....tiny problem though....cheetahs

8da8335e90204b6ca8caebd88dbd1134.jpg

Gabe1

I've given up trying to grow flowers and plants, our season is so short out here, we have to buy lettuce that is already growing along with other vegetables. It seems pretty silly to put a growing plant into the ground , only to have it killed by the bad temps. Our last frost date is May 15, but we have had frost into the first week of June. I used to plant and then replant, no more, I wait for the vegetables to go on sale, and buy them.

My gardens are about 25% of what they use to be, the rest I fill in with the Farmers Market. I tend to grow items now that are even expensive in the summer, herbs and spices in containers and things that are way better taste wise off a vine like Tomatoes and cucumbers.
I only grew lettuce and celery one year. Lettuce is cheap vs how much I spend to water and a pain to wash. My celery just came out too tough. Sometimes I grow sweet peas which take care of themselves and greenbean, which depend on the weather how good or tough they are. I always grow various kinds of peppers too, they tend to be 'spensive.

Gabe1

That's about the same as mine and we grow all types of things. I wonder if the altitude is the problem. I start most of my greens from seed outside. Most but not all can go out about 3 or so weeks before the last frost

It is more the shorter growing season than the altitude. They need to choose seeds with the shortest growing time or start them inside/purchase starter plants. Plants like tomatoes, peppers and root plants grow the best as does your beloved Kale.

Gabe1

I'm glad things are looking up. please try and find some time for yourself to just relax.

Ha! Time for myself, I'm so being torn in so many directions these days. My Dad WAS doing so well today, they had him for a few days out of theaters and with assistance walked to the restroom. WERE going to transfer him to a rehab center tomorrow. My Mom and Sis went back again late afternoon for his evening feeding. He was talking to my Sis about basketball, as normally as possible and then became totally disorientated etc. His heart rate shot up again. So they called in a Psych nurse practitioner. I don't agree. My gut is it has something to do with that big honk'n blood clot in his heart over sudden mental disorientation. Mixing him being a difficult elderly man, physical reactions to narcotics and a heart condition I think symptoms for other causes are being masked. He passed with flying colors a dementia onset test and passed a psych test over several days. I think they can't figure it all out so they want to transfer him out somewhere anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom