The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Started with three on the tree, then to four on the floor, then to five on the floor (overdrive) and in there at random a few automatics. Then when I drove truck it was 15 on the floor (Yup, a double clutching fool was I) then many years with automatics again. When my bus driving career started I was amazed the just like they were in the very early 60's, it was push button automatics just like the old Chrysler products. I'm afraid that my current Cadillac does not have anything available other then automatic. I'll live with that.

Hahaaa...!
I remember the old Chrysler push-button automatics!
My first cars were automatics, but, I drove 3 sticks for over 25 years in between, until my most recent ride.
The first one was a new '88 Hyundai. I taught DWifey to drive stick in that car. Then, we bought a new '90 Jeep Cherokee, also stick, that DWifey drove for over a decade, until we bought a '01 Caravan in '02. Both that and the '10 Camry that she now drives were/are automatic. I drove an '01 5-speed stick Hyundai until about a year ago. DWifey is still proficient at both.
Better mileage, and lower price, but, a PITA driving in heavy traffic and on hilly roads. I don't miss that part.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I know, we don't have many nice Easter's.

Just so you know, Easter (this year) is the earliest it's ever been since the 1800s. It's just particularly early this year, so your usual spring weather may not quite be here yet.

Edit: Found an Easter Sundey on March 27 in 1785, but also there was one in 1932, if my (online) source is correct. It was my sister who mentioned the 1800s to me today on the phone, but I just looked it up and couldn't find March 27 during the 1800s.

Last edited:

betty rose

Hahaaa...!
I remember the old Chrysler push-button automatics!
My first cars were automatics, but, I drove 3 sticks for over 25 years in between, until my most recent ride.
The first one was a new '88 Hyundai. I taught DWifey to drive stick in that car. Then, we bought a new '90 Jeep Cherokee, also stick, that DWifey drove for over a decade, until we bought a '01 Caravan in '02. Both that and the '10 Camry that she now drives were/are automatic. I drove an '01 5-speed stick Hyundai until about a year ago. DWifey is still proficient at both.
Better mileage, and lower price, but, a PITA driving in heavy traffic and on hilly roads. I don't miss that part.
We have so many hills, a stick isn't practical , but I learned on a stick, in high school.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom