The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I've been thinking about you a lot, with the cancer issue, I didn't want to pry, but I'm so glad that your blood work came back good. It will take a lot to take us down. Mom lived until 88 with congestive heart disease. Can't take good people down!;);):inlove:
I've been a very lucky person. I don't have allergies (or at least nothing I have come in contact with), I have been hospitalized three times (once when 5 to get my tonsils out, when 28 for oral surgery, when 62, I had the surgery for my leg injury), I've visited the ER three times in my almost 68 years, never had any illness that wasn't cured by waiting it out, never had pneumonia, no broken bones or anything that could be thought of as an illness that was life threatening. In the last 10 to 15 years, I did have my sleep apnea taken care of, my blood pressure controlled by medication, COPD basically controlled by an inhaler, cataract surgery (one eye) and the monitoring of the Prostate Cancer.

My theory is that I'm going to get hit someday by one big thing that is going to total my butt. Hopefully it will be like my dad who was sitting in his chair, reading the paper and drinking his morning coffee (I won't be doing that last one) and had a massive heart attack that did him in instantly. No fuss, no long pain, no long goodbyes, just sip, read and straight line......

betty rose

I've been a very lucky person. I don't have allergies (or at least nothing I have come in contact with), I have been hospitalized three times (once when 5 to get my tonsils out, when 28 for oral surgery, when 62, I had the surgery for my leg injury), I've visited the ER three times in my almost 68 years, never had any illness that wasn't cured by waiting it out, never had pneumonia, no broken bones or anything that could be thought of as an illness that was life threatening. In the last 10 to 15 years, I did have my sleep apnea taken care of, my blood pressure controlled by medication, COPD basically controlled by an inhaler, cataract surgery (one eye) and the monitoring of the Prostate Cancer.

My theory is that I'm going to get hit someday by one big thing that is going to total my butt. Hopefully it will be like my dad who was sitting in his chair, reading the paper and drinking his morning coffee (I won't be doing that last one) and had a massive heart attack that did him in instantly. No fuss, no long pain, no long goodbyes, just sip, read and straight line......
What a way to go! I'm getting in that line, to exit. And I drink coffee. Don't take the paper, read it on the internet. I'm glad you have had very good health, stay healthy, my friend.:joyfull:

betty rose

This my sound weird, but, it would almost be better if the numbers were higher. Then the decision to take action would be less cloudy. I spoke with the Doctor and told him that I wasn't trying to say that I was going to avoid any action, but, that I felt it was a balancing act that has to have close scrutiny. Whatever action is taken comes with it's set of side effects. At the moment I have no issues at all. Nothing! If I hadn't had a different issue at the time, they wouldn't have even been looking for it. To subject myself to the issues that come with action before it is necessary to save things is the puzzling part. When does the window of opportunity close up? No one seems to know for sure. I do know that I have a Gleason 6 rating which is that I have a slow growing cancer. At my age it's just a gamble that I am taking. There is a better then even chance that it may never materialize into anything that will "do me in", before something else does. So we watch and wait in an effort to keep life as normal as I can before doing something that may indeed change my status to "well, he should have done something sooner" or "he put himself through all that for nothing". Life was a lot easier when all I had to think about was what color shirt to put on in the morning. Thanks for your concern though, but, for the moment it's life as usual.
You are welcome, I hope that you keep getting good results. I'm glad you have a Dr. monitoring the situation. Take care, and have a good Sunday.

betty rose

That's great! When my step sister got hers by the time the doc found it, it was a bit far gone for meds. Your dh is lucky he went to the doctor as soon as he had symptoms. Pixie dust that it's all gone.
Thanks @figmentfan423. If the stone gets too big to pass, you need surgery. Lithotripsy, you sit in a big tub of water, and they blast the stone, with sound waves, hopefully you can pass the pieces. Hubby and I have had to have that done. This for hubby is so much better, even though he hates beer. I stole one of his cans to make beer rosemary bread. That way you don't need yeast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom