The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I almost did the same thing when I injured and had surgery on my leg. I did that in mid-October and had a trip planned with my daughter for late December. By then I was walking, but, with pain and slower then a snail. I was going to get an ECV, but, decided that my leg really hadn't healed enough to stand the riggers of a park visit, so I canceled and they went on their own.
We go with the kids, but only in the parks for a few hours, of all the rides we do together, and then out for us. We are really slowing down. I hate that!

Goofyernmost

Yes, I have congestive heart disease. My circulation sucks! ;) Mom had this too. My legs at Disney, goes to twice the size, but now that we are doing less walking I'm much better. I'm on a water pill. But the humidity is brutal down there.
Sorry, I didn't know that, but, I'm glad that it isn't stopping you from enjoying life. I've been incredibly lucky that the abuse I have put my body through all these years, that has still hung in there. No heart problems, but, I do have, COPD and now that pesky Prostate Cancer thing, but, nothing has served to slow me down at this point. I just had blood work done and everything is right in the normal range for everything, even went to a meeting at the Urology area a couple of days ago and the consensus was to just continue monitoring the situation. I'm set up for another biopsy in July, but, the numbers have actually declined, so I'm hoping that I won't have to take any evasive action for awhile yet. You folks sound like you have had a rough winter, maybe spring will be much better when it finally gets here.

betty rose

Sorry, I didn't know that, but, I'm glad that it isn't stopping you from enjoying life. I've been incredibly lucky that the abuse I have put my body through all these years, that has still hung in there. No heart problems, but, I do have, COPD and now that pesky Prostate Cancer thing, but, nothing has served to slow me down at this point. I just had blood work done and everything is right in the normal range for everything, even went to a meeting at the Urology area a couple of days ago and the consensus was to just continue monitoring the situation. I'm set up for another biopsy in July, but, the numbers have actually declined, so I'm hoping that I won't have to take any evasive action for awhile yet. You folks sound like you have had a rough winter, maybe spring will be much better when it finally gets here.
I've been thinking about you a lot, with the cancer issue, I didn't want to pry, but I'm so glad that your blood work came back good. It will take a lot to take us down. Mom lived until 88 with congestive heart disease. Can't take good people down!;);):inlove:

donaldtoo

Kiddos and SonIL have dropped off my sis back at her place in Lafayette, LA. and are headed back home.
Apparently, they all had an awesome time in NOLA!
Pretty cool that they're all such good buddies. I still remember when oldest DD was little and used to ask "When is aunt Elaine coming home from collitch (college) ?"...!!! :joyfull: So cute...! :)

betty rose

I actually wonder if the best way to keep these plants protected, was to build a plastic shell around them..
like a temporary greenery-greenhouse.
I've given up trying to grow flowers and plants, our season is so short out here, we have to buy lettuce that is already growing along with other vegetables. It seems pretty silly to put a growing plant into the ground , only to have it killed by the bad temps. Our last frost date is May 15, but we have had frost into the first week of June. I used to plant and then replant, no more, I wait for the vegetables to go on sale, and buy them.

betty rose

Well, I am done taking care of the neighbor's dog. At home with my kitty on my lap. She was very excited when I walked in the door.

Cat next door basically considered me useless unless I had treats. Although watching her stand on her hind legs for a treat was pretty funny.
I'm glad you are back with your baby. She obviously missed you, and the treats!;)

betty rose

I wasn't onboard for MB the first trip with them but the MB didn't bug me and it was loose enough that it moved around so I didn't get a tan line. I never really tan too much at the parks to start with. I'm still not overly comfortable with the whole data thing wrapped around my arm but I just try to look past it begrudgingly.

As for card vs band the band kinda just eked out the card. The big plus was a silly one. When I'd get back to my room and had 2 mugs of stuff I could actually open the door without having to put my stuff down, fish out the card, open door pick it back up with the MB and ADA door handles. It even worked through my fleece jacket. A tiny little perk.

As for the motion thing of card vs MB I look at it as simply as a wristwatch or a pocket watch with tan lines and ease. A pocket watch is also a simple motion, isn't sweaty or strange tan lines but the majority of people I've seen over the years seem to opt for the wrist vs pocket.
I need to loosen mine up, will try this in June. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom