The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Don't get me wrong... I don't hate them I just do not want to use one. It reminds me of cattle with those numbered tags stapled to their ears. Just one of the herd. I know that sounds like an insult, but, I didn't mean it too, it is just how I internally feel about it. Besides as I said, 'I don't carry things around', the door problem would never be there. :)

I do tan quickly, but, tan lines would never be an issue for me. I was out in the sun yesterday for less then an hour at the driving range and you would swear that I changed race while out there. My sister hates me for that particular talent. ;)
Me too, I have to be out hours to tan. Just call me whitie!

Songbird76

something is something said a bald man, when a tiny hair grew on his forehead!
Exactly...if they want to pay all that extra, I'm not going to stop them. 175 is a WHOLE lot less than 800, which is what we were looking at for a new, decent machine. Granted, I was hoping to get about 200 towards a new one, but it still would have been 600 if we had gotten that, and this is way cheaper. Every euro that I don't have to pay in repairs is a euro I have for Disney instead!!

Songbird76

For some reason, that I truly don't understand, I am watching "The Vietnam War in HD" on the history channel. There is nothing pleasant about watching something that I saw in live HD 40+ years ago, but, I keep thinking that I should continue to watch it. I may need to be carted away before the day is over. :(
I find it fascinating to watch things I was involved in to see how accurate the portrayal is. I went to a stage production of The Laramie Project. I was in Laramie when Matt was murdered, he was a friend of my brother's and at the time there was kind of a scare because several LGBT students had been attacked on campus, my brother included. (it turned out to be unrelated) I was involved in Angel Action, the counter protest against Fred Phelps and the WBC, who came to Laramie to picket Matt's trial and then came back 6 months later to "Celebrate Matt's first year" in a very hot place. There's now a national group of Angel Action people who organize counter-protests like ours. But Angel Action, and several people I know (including my brother) are depicted in The Laramie Project. I wanted to see the stage production to see if they got it right. I don't think it's crazy that you want to see something about the Vietnam War even though it's not pleasant. It's not nostalgia so much as just kind of wanting to make sure the history is true...that what people learn about it is accurate.

betty rose

cant-stop-drinking-coffee.png
Me and hubby. I can't think without my morning cup of joe!

betty rose

For some reason, that I truly don't understand, I am watching "The Vietnam War in HD" on the history channel. There is nothing pleasant about watching something that I saw in live HD 40+ years ago, but, I keep thinking that I should continue to watch it. I may need to be carted away before the day is over. :(
I'll go with you, after two weeks of little sleep, I'm pretty crazy at this point. Or maybe I'm always crazy and I'm just a bit crazier!

Songbird76

Me too, I have to be out hours to tan. Just call me whitie!
I don't really tan. I go tomato red, blister, peel, and come back white. I'm very fair-skinned. DS takes after me...he's practically albino. There aren't many people as pale as he is. And DD takes after hubby...she goes out for a day, gets a very slight burn and it's a tan by the next day.

Songbird76

Good you are taking care of yourself! Don't do anything for those 3 weeks!;)
Well, I have 2 days of work scheduled. 4 hours tomorrow and 5 hours next Tuesday. I tried to get out of next Tuesday, because they scheduled me during the day, and then I went to put it in my calendar and found that the kids have that day off of school. But because it's right after Easter, the warehouse is shutdown for Good Friday through 2nd Easter day. So 4 days worth of orders to get through...they need all hands on deck. So I asked my in-laws to take the kids that day and they agreed. THEN I went to the doctor. But he told me I can work, just can't do anything strenuous, and if I tell them at work that I can't walk the whole time, they'll let me pack for a while, or work in returns. So I should be ok. And, by that time, hopefully the stuff will be worked into the joint and have solved the issue, so it won't matter much. Tomorrow is the more immediate issue, but hubby can drive me and pick me up since it's an evening shift. So I won't have to ride my bike, and Coen will let me pack instead of walk. He's good about that. I'll be fine.

Goofyernmost

I've been thinking about you a lot, with the cancer issue, I didn't want to pry, but I'm so glad that your blood work came back good. It will take a lot to take us down. Mom lived until 88 with congestive heart disease. Can't take good people down!;);):inlove:
This my sound weird, but, it would almost be better if the numbers were higher. Then the decision to take action would be less cloudy. I spoke with the Doctor and told him that I wasn't trying to say that I was going to avoid any action, but, that I felt it was a balancing act that has to have close scrutiny. Whatever action is taken comes with it's set of side effects. At the moment I have no issues at all. Nothing! If I hadn't had a different issue at the time, they wouldn't have even been looking for it. To subject myself to the issues that come with action before it is necessary to save things is the puzzling part. When does the window of opportunity close up? No one seems to know for sure. I do know that I have a Gleason 6 rating which is that I have a slow growing cancer. At my age it's just a gamble that I am taking. There is a better then even chance that it may never materialize into anything that will "do me in", before something else does. So we watch and wait in an effort to keep life as normal as I can before doing something that may indeed change my status to "well, he should have done something sooner" or "he put himself through all that for nothing". Life was a lot easier when all I had to think about was what color shirt to put on in the morning. Thanks for your concern though, but, for the moment it's life as usual.

Goofyernmost

Sorry about the likes, I just love reading about people on here. I will still give likes, as I really do like everyone. At my age, those likes take little time, and I like to "like". ;):inlove:
Well, you just continue to "like" then... do not be bullied into not expressing your appreciation of impressive posts. Mine for example. The rest of you need to fight your own fight.;):joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom