The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Granted, we're not in the teen years yet, but so far, my daughter is WAY easier than my son. I don't have to get on her much at all, her teachers love her, she's got the best grades in her class, I don't have to remind her to do homework if she has any...she WANTS to do it. And she is a smiley, happy girl. My son gets great grades at school, but he has emotional issues that make him harder to deal with. He's behind developmentally, so things like empathy haven't really developed yet and he still thinks that "fair" is him getting whatever he wants and he has meltdowns when things don't go the way he thought they would, though he is SO much better about that now than he was even a year ago. He's getting there, and he can be really funny and smart...I just have to do a lot more parenting with him than I do with DD...she pretty much parents herself.
Don't be surprised if it reverses. I was the good student and fairly easy as a kid while my brother, who has autism, had trouble at school, got in trouble a good bit, and just generally was more challenging. He's in middle school now, and while he has days where he is completely irritating to live with, he generally gives my mom less carp than I did. Of course, I very rarely gave my dad any carp, and to some degree, he was perpetually amused, but my brother balances out nore who he pulls the carp with.

I will say this: don't let your son or daughter get away with talking disrespectfully to you. Demand respect. Don't let thay slide, because if you do, you'll have far more problens down the line than if you just nip the problem when it starts. Just pure observation: my friends whose parenfs were like mime talked respectfully to their parents by high school whereas my mom's one friend, who let a lot slide during middle school, has problems now with respect at home (I've heard her daughter speak go her...I never would have gotten that far with my mom), and her daughter is a high school senior. They've also had problems with her being disrespectful to other adults, including teachers. Be understanding of the raging hormones, and realize that to some degree, your kids really can't help it. But don't use it as an excuse for poor behavior either.

StarWarsGirl

I hate to see animals suffer, I hope the owner takes better care of her.
I don't think the owner takes "bad" care of her by any means. I think probably the progression might have been so slow that they haven't realized what's happening. Since I'm used to my younger kitty at homr, how her fur feels, how she moves, and her behavior, the differences are much more striking to me.

Although I think they also are more focused on the dog and tend to forget about the cat.

betty rose

I don't think the owner takes "bad" care of her by any means. I think probably the progression might have been so slow that they haven't realized what's happening. Since I'm used to my younger kitty at homr, how her fur feels, how she moves, and her behavior, the differences are much more striking to me.

Although I think they also are more focused on the dog and tend to forget about the cat.
Good. They pay more attention to the dog, because dogs love to be a part of the "family", and will come by to get your attention, if you act as though they are not there.:D

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good Morning!

200.gif

betty rose

It was similar at my grandparents farms.
But, I didn't help raise the chickens, so I had no emotional attachment.
My grandmothers would put on an old apron and a bonnet (we visited in the summers from No Cal 'til we moved back when I was 13), strap on a hatchet, and had one of us grab an old 5 or so gallon galvenized bucket. We'd follow them out the hen house, they'd grab a coupla' chickens, and take them over to an old stump (yes, both farms had old stumps, and they both did it the same way). She'd make sure we secured one while she took care of the first and then the second. They never ran around though. That's what the bucket was for. They would pitch them in there after they lopped off their heads. I still remember the scratching sound their feet made inside the bucket. The hounds or the cats were there to get the heads.

C'mon everybody now!!! Sing with me...!!!
"The circle of liiiiifffe!"...!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)
Primative times, back then.;);):eek:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good morning. That makes me happy to see this. How is your dad doing today?

Glad to make you smile. Thanks for asking about Dad. Have not heard about my Dad this morning. Mom was going. Today was the Target Day for release but we didn't hear from Doc's other than a message on Machine that they were going to have a meeting on how to change a couple of his meds, didn't even say which. I'm hoping for a mega dose of the "happy pill" lol. But if they change/changed the Target release date on the White Board in his room there maybe another uproar. :rolleyes: Still, I can't imagine them untethering him and releasing him without seeing how he is going to be but stranger things have happened.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Glad to make you smile. Thanks for asking about Dad. Have not heard about my Dad this morning. Mom was going. Today was the Target Day for release but we didn't hear from Doc's other than a message on Machine that they were going to have a meeting on how to change a couple of his meds, didn't even say which. I'm hoping for a mega dose of the "happy pill" lol. But if they change/changed the Target release date on the White Board in his room there maybe another uproar. :rolleyes: Still, I can't imagine them untethering him and releasing him without seeing how he is going to be but stranger things have happened.
Prayers and pixie dust for your whole family and his staff. I hope today brings good news. xoxo

betty rose

I hope they figure this out as soon as possible. And life gets back to normal. With them figuring out how to help your dad. More prayers...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom