The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

El Chupacabra

OMG Okay so here is a bit of information about me, I only get onto these forums while at work so when the evening comes or the weekend hits, I go 'dark'. So since my last message to you guys on Friday, there have been 363 posts entered into this chit chat forum...do you guys take a breath? BTW, it has taken me about an hour and a half just to catch up on 2/3'rds of those messages I missed.

Songbird76

OMG Okay so here is a bit of information about me, I only get onto these forums while at work so when the evening comes or the weekend hits, I go 'dark'. So since my last message to you guys on Friday, there have been 363 posts entered into this chit chat forum...do you guys take a breath? BTW, it has taken me about an hour and a half just to catch up on 2/3'rds of those messages I missed.
We are a loquacious bunch, I'm afraid. Sometimes it takes weeks to fully ketchup if you've been gone for more than a couple of days. Good luck!!

MOXOMUMD

Sometimes this thread is like...
Road_Runner_cartoon.jpeg

betty rose

We have 4 crape myrtles out in the front side yard near the driveway. My pop gave them to us about 23 yrs. ago when they were just tiny little things. I trimmed them over the years to grow more like trees instead of bushes, so they would provide shade (west side of house) and we could sit under them. Here's the color they are... :)

View attachment 133990
That is so pretty, I would love to join you and DWifey. Maybe with a margarita? Nice way to spend an afternoon.:happy::happy::happy:

betty rose

I'm a little distrustful of dogs; this dog is one of the few I trust. She's laying on the ottonam next to the couch, where I am. With most dogs, I wouldn't be this calm near them. The smell and the fact that they are so high maintenance deters me from owning one.

I've also found I've just got a natural way with cats. For instance, this cat doesn't like my mom, but comes for me. My mom and I visited the animal shelter a few years ago, and they kept all the cats in one room, with two benches in the room. I sat down on one and my mom on the other. I suddenly had cats all over me. In my hair, climbing my jeans, trying to climb up my arm...my mom had the cats who were already there and who couldn't be bothered to get up (several who had been there got up and walked over to me). My mom nicknamed me Cat Magnet.

I suspect this one has arthritis, which I'll mention to her owner. She looks like she just always hurts. She doesn't move normally. Her fur doesn't feel like she's grooming. She hisses if you come too close too quickly because she likely feels like she can't easily get away. Poor baby.
I hate to see animals suffer, I hope the owner takes better care of her.

betty rose

Thanks for asking. Hugs.

They were going to attempt another Ct Scans tonight. In one of his tangents he flipped out of his bed and onto to his noggin. They were also concerned that he may have had a stroke but he is responding to commands of lift foot, lifting right hand, left etc. Answers questions. He is tethered because he has been acting nuts from the drugs they gave him and getting hurt, he ripped the IVs out multiple times. He has laid quietly today almost trance like. He is never like that. Last night and I'm sure tonight they gave him something like a sleeping pill because the nurses called his primary 4 times during the night. Those poor nurses. Unfortunately for them he screams their names out at night, one has my name and the male nurse my sons name. What's the odds? This morning he greeted my Mom by saying Hi Gabe :/ Don't know if he confused Mom for Me or the Nurse. They have him on mega doses of Coumadin trying to break up the biggest blood clot so ripping out the IVs made his room look like a massacre. He tends to get riled up when we are there trying to get us to untethered him and get what he wants. It is all kinda sad, as I said he is historically a difficult patient and even with meds it seems to come through. We are tending to stay out of the room which is hard on him and us but it only seems to agitate him in the long run. To me it is a dejavu of my Grandma's, his Mom's last few years. She was a strong old koot too. They gave her 48 hours to live and live 7 years. I'm just in that Ahhhhhhh! mode.

Oh did I mention he locked himself in his bathroom just before they tethered him and refused to come out? Who has one way locks in a hospital? So yeah the maintenance people were called as was the police and fire department. My Mom finally talked him out. Just beyond crazy.
I'm so sorry this is happening to your dad, and of course you and your Mom. It sounds like you all have your hands full. I hope he doesn't have to stay on these meds. long. Could they try changing to something else? I sure hope so. Sending more prayers for the family.

Last edited:

betty rose

Awe so sweet.

Chicago River today. Drunk'n Parade Day!

Dyeing-of-Chicago-River.jpg
green_chicago_river_on_saint_patricks_day_2009.jpg

chicago-river-green.jpg
Green beer everywhere. So funny!

betty rose

Thank you. We're in coast mode as far as trip planning goes. All our ADRs are set (we might change one to a ROL package if they come out). I can't make ADRs for UNI until June and FP+ until July. I may get ambitious this week and look at hotels for DC. It looks like we may be able to stop for a couple of days on the way home. I want to see the First Ladies exhibit at the Smithsonian. Don't worry @donaldtoo I already have in my trip notes take lots of pics while at Air and Space (plus annex) and Goddard if we go there.
You are going to have a trip of a life time. Going to the Smithsonian, is a dream of mine. I would love to see all of the things having to do with history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom