The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So when you stayed at the Swan, did you buy your park tickets there, or did you buy them prior to that (via mail or whatever)? I always buy mine at the AAA office (I'm a member up here) prior to my trip, and AAA discounts the ticket price. Also, I hate to wear a MM+ "band" so I prefer the plastic card.

Question: to set up your fastpass plus "account", did you have to buy your Disney ticket (or band) directly from Disney? I'm only asking because I've never set up an account; I've just used the plastic (AAA) card in the parks and used single rider lines on the bigger attractions. So I was just trying to figure out how you'd set up an "account" if you didn't have a band bought directly from Disney (I figure there must be some number, or code. on the band that you use to set up your acct.)

Other than me, you're the only other person on here who has stayed at the Swan, so that's why I'm asking. I was just curious. I probably don't need any sort of account--never had one before.

I probably won't be of much help. When we stayed at the Swan in November we had (and still have) our Premier Pass that covers both DL and WDW. So we had our plastic annual pass and I had linked in my Disney account and had our annual pass magic bands. In the past usually our passes have come in our package but that was for WDW resorts. A couple years ago we went to Florida and only did the MK so we had bought our one day pass from a AAA office around here. I do remember that the concierge at the Swan did sell tickets and were linking some people to Magic Bands but I don't know if they had to pay extra for the band or not.

As for setting up a My Disney Experience account if you have ever logged into WDW's site or become a member of the site, that is your account name and password for My Disney Experience. I signed up I guess at some point in time years ago and that is what I have always used. It is easy to get an account on their site. Oh, I just remembered, last year when I booked my solo trip through Expedia I had to link it and the tickets from Expedia and there was a code to enter and link it all And when I booked the Swan for November I think it was just the resort reservation number that I had to link on the MDE website, it was easy enough. I think there is a really big button when you go to your reservations that even says link reservations and maybe even one for link tickets. You do need to link the ticket if you want to make fast passes.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Okay I have a Disney Springs questions for you all and @betty rose you might be able to help me the most. So my dad is going to meet me for lunch next Sunday. He feels comfortable driving to my resort (all star sports) so I thought we would go to Disney Springs via resort bus. He is in his mid 70's and his knees are really bad and he says he doesn't want to do a lot of walking. I have a reservation for Raglan Road but I'm wondering if that is too far for him to walk from the bus stop. My question: are there any decent benches or spots for him to rest along the walk. I see on the map that the bridge is open, are there any benches there?

I suppose I could drive his truck to a resort and that might lessen the walking for him but I don't like driving around WDW (that is why I don't rent a car). I just thought Disney Springs would give us a little more to do, like visit the gelato place.

I just looked at the map again...is there only one bus stop (by the Christmas store) or another bus stop by La Nouba? If there was one by La Nouba that would be a short walk to the House of Blues.

donaldtoo

I can't remember if I tried Reebok. They have a New Balance store near my house but they have to wait on you meaning there is only the displays in the front store area. I'm selective. I don't like a lot of white on my sneakers. Shoes were horrible...so bad I ended up getting my favorite one out of the ones that didn't really fit me but it fit close enough.

Same here on the white. I've had many pairs of all black sneakers over the years. :)

donaldtoo

Okay I have a Disney Springs questions for you all and @betty rose you might be able to help me the most. So my dad is going to meet me for lunch next Sunday. He feels comfortable driving to my resort (all star sports) so I thought we would go to Disney Springs via resort bus. He is in his mid 70's and his knees are really bad and he says he doesn't want to do a lot of walking. I have a reservation for Raglan Road but I'm wondering if that is too far for him to walk from the bus stop. My question: are there any decent benches or spots for him to rest along the walk. I see on the map that the bridge is open, are there any benches there?

I suppose I could drive his truck to a resort and that might lessen the walking for him but I don't like driving around WDW (that is why I don't rent a car). I just thought Disney Springs would give us a little more to do, like visit the gelato place.

I just looked at the map again...is there only one bus stop (by the Christmas store) or another bus stop by La Nouba? If there was one by La Nouba that would be a short walk to the House of Blues.

I know there used to be a bus stop across the street from the Hess not too far away from the World of Disney. I used to take a bus there from the resort and cross the street to the Hess to pick up waaaaayyy cheaper beer than what was at the resort gift shop, and then back again. ;) :)
Best I can tell, unfortunately, the Marketplace bus stop is the only one in use right now, though.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...asure-island-bus-stop-permanently-closing.htm

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good Evening!

tumblr_nxhe386P2B1u7gnm9o1_500.gif

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I know there used to be a bus stop across the street from the Hess not too far away from the World of Disney. I used to take a bus there from the resort and cross the street to the Hess to pick up waaaaayyy cheaper beer than what was at the resort gift shop, and then back again. ;) :)
Best I can tell, unfortunately, the Marketplace bus stop is the only one in use right now, though.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...asure-island-bus-stop-permanently-closing.htm

Yeah, it looks like there is only one bus stop now. I emailed him some options with a little info about the length of walks. I'm going to let him make the final call on where we go.

donaldtoo

I learned that when I was about 10 years old and we went to my grandparents house for our regular Sunday visit. We pulled into the yard and there was my grandfather, jackknife in hand, slickly cutting off the heads of chickens that I had spent a half summer taking care of. :eek: He would snip off their heads and fling them to one side where they ran around for a few seconds, headless and into everything that was in the way.** Once they stopped my grandmother would throw them into boiling water so that the feathers would pull out easily. After that they "dressed them" and prepared them for the freezer.

Know what they had for dinner that afternoon? Of course, chicken. Did I eat any? No, but, I quickly got over the trauma and now consume my own large hen house equivalency per year. Never lost that image from my mind though. Country living is no where near as tranquil as people would leave you to believe.:in pain:
Actually, looking back, that part was pretty funny. Hence the phrase... running around like a chicken with it's head cut off".

It was similar at my grandparents farms.
But, I didn't help raise the chickens, so I had no emotional attachment.
My grandmothers would put on an old apron and a bonnet (we visited in the summers from No Cal 'til we moved back when I was 13), strap on a hatchet, and had one of us grab an old 5 or so gallon galvenized bucket. We'd follow them out the hen house, they'd grab a coupla' chickens, and take them over to an old stump (yes, both farms had old stumps, and they both did it the same way). She'd make sure we secured one while she took care of the first and then the second. They never ran around though. That's what the bucket was for. They would pitch them in there after they lopped off their heads. I still remember the scratching sound their feet made inside the bucket. The hounds or the cats were there to get the heads.

C'mon everybody now!!! Sing with me...!!!
"The circle of liiiiifffe!"...!!!!! :joyfull: ;) :)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Cesar R M

Thanks for asking. Hugs.

They were going to attempt another Ct Scans tonight. In one of his tangents he flipped out of his bed and onto to his noggin. They were also concerned that he may have had a stroke but he is responding to commands of lift foot, lifting right hand, left etc. Answers questions. He is tethered because he has been acting nuts from the drugs they gave him and getting hurt, he ripped the IVs out multiple times. He has laid quietly today almost trance like. He is never like that. Last night and I'm sure tonight they gave him something like a sleeping pill because the nurses called his primary 4 times during the night. Those poor nurses. Unfortunately for them he screams their names out at night, one has my name and the male nurse my sons name. What's the odds? This morning he greeted my Mom by saying Hi Gabe :/ Don't know if he confused Mom for Me or the Nurse. They have him on mega doses of Coumadin trying to break up the biggest blood clot so ripping out the IVs made his room look like a massacre. He tends to get riled up when we are there trying to get us to untethered him and get what he wants. It is all kinda sad, as I said he is historically a difficult patient and even with meds it seems to come through. We are tending to stay out of the room which is hard on him and us but it only seems to agitate him in the long run. To me it is a dejavu of my Grandma's, his Mom's last few years. She was a strong old koot too. They gave her 48 hours to live and live 7 years. I'm just in that Ahhhhhhh! mode.

Oh did I mention he locked himself in his bathroom just before they tethered him and refused to come out? Who has one way locks in a hospital? So yeah the maintenance people were called as was the police and fire department. My Mom finally talked him out. Just beyond crazy.
holy hell. I hope he is nice too.

Your story Kinda reminds me when I was on cancer treatment and they changed the chemo style and the anti vomit/nausea and pain meds.
That night I almost ripped the IV myself ( I was 9...), I remember what all I did but I had no idea WHY.
Like I almost punched the kid next bed (had cancer too) and threw a pillow at him. did a few other things and then just hopped back to bed like nothing.
It was darn strange, Like I was completely lost on what my mind was doing and was doing things on "auto mode".

Hopefully like others said.. they will get the meds correct to prevent such behavior.

Gabe1

D'OH!
Why didn't I think of that...?! :facepalm:
Although, we've only ever used the resort boats from POR, so I wasn't thinkin' about the water taxi. Although, I guess they could park at POR and take a resort boat. :cyclops:

I'd rather take the bus. If you have to drive to POR, Ferry to Disney Springs and transfer to the Red Route that could take so much longer than lunch. I'd grab the bus and get on Red Route and be done. (I think it is the Red Route, double check that)

Gabe1

holy hell. I hope he is nice too.

Your story Kinda reminds me when I was on cancer treatment and they changed the chemo style and the anti vomit/nausea and pain meds.
That night I almost ripped the IV myself ( I was 9...), I remember what all I did but I had no idea WHY.
Like I almost punched the kid next bed (had cancer too) and threw a pillow at him. did a few other things and then just hopped back to bed like nothing.
It was darn strange, Like I was completely lost on what my mind was doing and was doing things on "auto mode".

Hopefully like others said.. they will get the meds correct to prevent such behavior.

Staff said he was very quiet all day today. They took his mittens off but still have him tethered as they are running out of places to stick the IV when he keeps ripping them out. They got his heart rate down and stable for almost a day and then it just bounced up again. The board in his room says his Target Day to go home is tomorrow but it might just have been to get him to stop asking. We didn't get any updates today. Weekend. Plus the Doc's are all tired from being woken up 4x each night. We shall see tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom