The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I'm like that as well. Unfortunately, it upsets my daughters when I do that. I had a problem a couple of years ago where I was having trouble breathing. It calmed down a little so I got in my car and drove to the VA Emergency Room, 20 miles away. I know it was foolish, but, I am so used to just taking care of myself that it didn't even occur to me to ask for any help. I am much more aware of it now, and am still stinging from the tongue lashing I got from both of them over it. Simple case of parent and child changing position. The child becomes the parent and the parent the child.

Little bit different dynamic here. There are still four of us in the house and you're on your own, but, I hear what you're sayin'. :)

MOXOMUMD

We have 4 crape myrtles out in the front side yard near the driveway. My pop gave them to us about 23 yrs. ago when they were just tiny little things. I trimmed them over the years to grow more like trees instead of bushes, so they would provide shade (west side of house) and we could sit under them. Here's the color they are... :)

View attachment 133990
Pretty! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@Gabe1, how is your pop today?

Thanks for asking. Hugs.

They were going to attempt another Ct Scans tonight. In one of his tangents he flipped out of his bed and onto to his noggin. They were also concerned that he may have had a stroke but he is responding to commands of lift foot, lifting right hand, left etc. Answers questions. He is tethered because he has been acting nuts from the drugs they gave him and getting hurt, he ripped the IVs out multiple times. He has laid quietly today almost trance like. He is never like that. Last night and I'm sure tonight they gave him something like a sleeping pill because the nurses called his primary 4 times during the night. Those poor nurses. Unfortunately for them he screams their names out at night, one has my name and the male nurse my sons name. What's the odds? This morning he greeted my Mom by saying Hi Gabe :/ Don't know if he confused Mom for Me or the Nurse. They have him on mega doses of Coumadin trying to break up the biggest blood clot so ripping out the IVs made his room look like a massacre. He tends to get riled up when we are there trying to get us to untethered him and get what he wants. It is all kinda sad, as I said he is historically a difficult patient and even with meds it seems to come through. We are tending to stay out of the room which is hard on him and us but it only seems to agitate him in the long run. To me it is a dejavu of my Grandma's, his Mom's last few years. She was a strong old koot too. They gave her 48 hours to live and live 7 years. I'm just in that Ahhhhhhh! mode.

Oh did I mention he locked himself in his bathroom just before they tethered him and refused to come out? Who has one way locks in a hospital? So yeah the maintenance people were called as was the police and fire department. My Mom finally talked him out. Just beyond crazy.

Gabe1

View attachment 134011

4 days until St. Patrick's Day! :D

Awe so sweet.

Chicago River today. Drunk'n Parade Day!

Dyeing-of-Chicago-River.jpg
green_chicago_river_on_saint_patricks_day_2009.jpg

chicago-river-green.jpg

donaldtoo

So the life of a Mom with a newborn.

It's funny (and, I've posted this before) DWifey and myself lost about the same amount of sleep when our 3 kiddos were little. There's only 3 yrs. and 2 mos. age difference between the youngest and oldest. It was my job to both go get baby for feedings and lay baby back down when baby was done, and also do diaper duty.
Middle child (DS) was the exception. He was born at 1lb. 4oz. (570 grams), and spent 4.5 mos. in the NICU before we were able to bring him home.
But, he came home on a very expensive special formula, a portable heart/apnea monitor that he had to be hooked up to every night, a nebulizer, an oxygen bottle in case of an emergency, and 7 different liquid meds that we had to get down his gullet every morning.
And, we were both working full time... :confused:
The heart/apnea monitor was a lot of "fun". :cyclops:
He was on it for a year. As he grew, his heart rate and breathing would slow, of course, so I had to take it to have it recalibrated once a month. In the meantime, as the end of that month period approached, the alarm would go off more and more frequently during the night as his breathing and heart rate slowed and I'd have to get check on him and shut it off. Sometimes only 15 mins. between. :in pain:
As time passed, we knew that it was almost always gonna' be a false alarm (which it always was), but, we also feared that if we disconnected it that would be the one time he had an actual event, and the tragic results of that. Oh my.
Anyway...
Crazy times, sometimes, but, beyond worth it...!!! :happy: :)

Gabe1

Yep, as you know, we spent oldest DDs 21st at WDW were she got engaged, and youngest DDs 21st in NOLA. DS would have preferred WDW, but, it just wasn't in the cards at the time. He was plenty happy with the Buca di Beppo just down the road.
And, oldest DD was lucky enough to also spend her Sweet 16 at WDW. All the treats she got from the resort, an older CM gettin' a whole slew of guests to sing happy birthday to her right before rope drop at MK on her special day, etc.
One awesome trip, and memories we'll never forget, as well...! :happy: :)

We've had multiple trips with special memories. While they all have memories some are just more special than others and will always be looked at fondly. I remember bringing my DS down for the college program. I needed to know where he'd be living, a Mom thing. The whole induction morning, it was like turning him over to the military but far more exciting for the one being inducted. I was so excited for him but will always remember the motorcoach taking them away to casting with the parents in their coral as the bus pulled away as he waved goodbye.
Me a tad choked up and then caught a taxi and went to Epcot. :joyfull: But that was the last I saw of him for several months. I loved my kids very first trips. The very first Halloween Party, the New Millennium at Epcot, a crazy day and night. Doing as many trips as I have over the past 40 some years there are some trips that were freak'n amazing.

donaldtoo

Thanks for asking. Hugs.

They were going to attempt another Ct Scans tonight. In one of his tangents he flipped out of his bed and onto to his noggin. They were also concerned that he may have had a stroke but he is responding to commands of lift foot, lifting right hand, left etc. Answers questions. He is tethered because he has been acting nuts from the drugs they gave him and getting hurt, he ripped the IVs out multiple times. He has laid quietly today almost trance like. He is never like that. Last night and I'm sure tonight they gave him something like a sleeping pill because the nurses called his primary 4 times during the night. Those poor nurses. Unfortunately for them he screams their names out at night, one has my name and the male nurse my sons name. What's the odds? This morning he greeted my Mom by saying Hi Gabe :/ Don't know if he confused Mom for Me or the Nurse. They have him on mega doses of Coumadin trying to break up the biggest blood clot so ripping out the IVs made his room look like a massacre. He tends to get riled up when we are there trying to get us to untethered him and get what he wants. It is all kinda sad, as I said he is historically a difficult patient and even with meds it seems to come through. We are tending to stay out of the room which is hard on him and us but it only seems to agitate him in the long run. To me it is a dejavu of my Grandma's, his Mom's last few years. She was a strong old koot too. They gave her 48 hours to live and live 7 years. I'm just in that Ahhhhhhh! mode.

Oh did I mention he locked himself in his bathroom just before they tethered him and refused to come out? Who has one way locks in a hospital? So yeah the maintenance people were called as was the police and fire department. My Mom finally talked him out. Just beyond crazy.

Oh wow. Definite sympathy like.
So very, very sorry he, and y'all, are still dealing with all this, and there have yet to be any clear answers found. Just beyond crazy is right.
Continued prayers from here...

Gabe1

It's funny (and, I've posted this before) DWifey and myself lost about the same amount of sleep when our 3 kiddos were little. There's only 3 yrs. and 2 mos. age difference between the youngest and oldest. It was my job to both go get baby for feedings and lay baby back down when baby was done, and also do diaper duty.
Middle child (DS) was the exception. He was born at 1lb. 4oz. (570 grams), and spent 4.5 mos. in the NICU before we were able to bring him home.
But, he came home on a very expensive special formula, a portable heart/apnea monitor that he had to be hooked up to every night, a nebulizer, an oxygen bottle in case of an emergency, and 7 different liquid meds that we had to get down his gullet every morning.
And, we were both working full time... :confused:
The heart/apnea monitor was a lot of "fun". :cyclops:
He was on it for a year. As he grew, his heart rate and breathing would slow, of course, so I had to take it to have it recalibrated once a month. In the meantime, as the end of that month period approached, the alarm would go off more and more frequently during the night as his breathing and heart rate slowed and I'd have to get check on him and shut it off. Sometimes only 15 mins. between. :in pain:
As time passed, we knew that it was almost always gonna' be a false alarm (which it always was), but, we also feared that if we disconnected it that would be the one time he had an actual event, and the tragic results of that. Oh my.
Anyway...
Crazy times, sometimes, but, beyond worth it...!!! :happy: :)

Oy. Difficult times I'm sure. My BIL daughter was the same as a premie. We watched her two nights a week and had to take a course for it all including a written one. :cyclops: I have a picture back then with my husband on the guest room bed with his hand on her back, both of them asleep, her hooked up to the monitor and his hand on her back. Priceless.

She grew to be a very self absorbed entitled kid, couldn't stand to be around her neither could my kids. Then something happened, Lord knows what and she became this warm and lovely high school student and remains that way today. She was the valedictorian of her high school and went on to become an engineer from the same University my DD attended. Never know how life will turn out. I didn't see that coming.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Great for you. Now you can look at all the fun things to do. I love that part of the trip planning, along with the food, of course.:hungry::hungry::hungry:
Thank you. We're in coast mode as far as trip planning goes. All our ADRs are set (we might change one to a ROL package if they come out). I can't make ADRs for UNI until June and FP+ until July. I may get ambitious this week and look at hotels for DC. It looks like we may be able to stop for a couple of days on the way home. I want to see the First Ladies exhibit at the Smithsonian. Don't worry @donaldtoo I already have in my trip notes take lots of pics while at Air and Space (plus annex) and Goddard if we go there.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh my. Sounds sooo delicious...! :hungry:
I luvs me some burnt ends...! :happy: :)

View attachment 133976
We were watching Emeril's Florida yesterday (dvr's it a bit ago) He did a show about places in Orlando and one was 4 River's Smokehouse. It's a local chain and they specialize in angus brisket. My dh and older ds are thinking about going to one while we're in the area. One of the other places he showcased was Morrimoto's, I really want to eat there but :(:(:( It may have to wait:(:(:(. I can't and won't complain too much LOL I booked 3 character meals:):):):):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom