The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

My Mom and Dad are not what I'd considered old. They are both in their 50's, but,I am glad they only live about 10 minutes away in case of an emergency. You never know and you never can be too safe.

Similar here. We live l'm the same neighborhood as my folks (mom's 76, pop's 83), less than a mile away.
We didn't, necessarily, choose to be close to my folks. We bought here because I loved growing up here, and it's a safe pretty little neighborhood with good schools. Since we all have a great family relationship, being near mom and pop was just a bonus.
And, now that they're older, if they might need something, we're just a few minutes away. :)

donaldtoo

Oldest DDs plane just landed in San Diego.
Forgot to mention yesterday that she was going to be off this mornin' to spend some time with coworkers from her school at a beach house there.
The father of one of the ladies owns the house. Apparently, he owns several, and is well-off enough to vint his own wine for himself, family, and friends (it's not on the market), and the house is well stocked.
Sounds like they'll be havin' plenty of fun...! ;) :)

donaldtoo

Little ones are so funny. My parents tell me take the funny now because when the teen years come along it won't be quite as funny.

Not always.
Although, I really have no clue how it happened, we were very fortunate to never have any major problems with our kiddos during the teen years.
Again, just very fortunate, I guess :cyclops: ;), and many great memories from those times, as well. :happy: :)

donaldtoo

We got some good rain here during the week, but, the last 2 days have been gorgeous, again. Sunny and 83 here right now. Supposed to get up to 86.
We got in a good walk earlier this mornin'. So glad I got all the yard work done last weekend. Although, with all the rain, the yards are growin' again, so I'm sure I'll be hittin' 'em again next weekend.
Still playin' BttF lazy time for now.
Hope you're all havin' a great weekend...! :)

Now, time for more "ketchup"...! ;)

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

This reminds me of when we were at a baby shower for one of my friends...I don't remember which one, but all my friends over here are from different countries and we met in the language school, learning Dutch. Baby showers are not done in the Netherlands, but all of us were from countries where there was something like it at least, so we always did them for each other, but sometimes the hubbies had to be there because none of us had drivers licenses. So at this one, my hubby was there, too, and my friends wanted to get the men involved. So they had a game where the dads had to compete at putting an old fashioned cloth diaper on a doll...most of us girls didn't even know how to use a cloth diaper. But it was so funny because it was a big race, and all the men were trying to be as fast as possible and then there's my husband counting fingers and tickling toes, blowing raspberries on the doll's tummy, anything but concerned about how fast he was getting the diaper on. But that's exactly how he was with diaper changes...both of us were more the kind to take our time and talk to them while we did diapers or got them dressed. I read my daughter Harry Potter while I was breast feeding her as a newborn. Bonding time!

Hahaaa...!
I remember going to a couples shower way back in the day (before we had kiddos) where, among others things, we played that "game". I won, and remember the prize being a pretty funny adult-oriented cartoon book... :oops:
And, yes, any opportunity to bond...! ;) :)

Mickey Ears

Not always.
Although, I really have no clue how it happened, we were very fortunate to never have any major problems with our kiddos during the teen years.
Again, just very fortunate, I guess :cyclops: ;), and many great memories from those times, as well. :happy: :)
I hope that is the way it turns out for me. My parents also said that girls are worse in there teen years. I always wondered what they had to compare this to because I was the only child. Maybe there sister and brothers kids.

donaldtoo

I hope that is the way it turns out for me. My parents also said that girls are worse in there teen years. I always wondered what they had to compare this to because I was the only child. Maybe there sister and brothers kids.

My mother has told me before that myself and my 2 younger brothers were easier to raise than my 12-year-younger sis. I asked her "How's that? :confused:"
Keep in mind, I graduated HS the year she started Kindergarten, so I wasn't living at home during her later childhood or teen years. Also, my sister never got into any trouble, had great grades, was in choir, and was the only one of us 4 kiddos to ever earn a 4-year college degree.
Anyway, mom said it was because of all the "stuff" that just goes along with raising a girl. Plus, they let her get a bit spoiled, so she was also a bit of a drama queen at times during those years. As I said, I wasn't living at home at the time (although I visited frequently), so I missed a good majority of all of that.
Us boys were kinda' rambunctious, of course, at times, but, mom also said we were just kinda' free spirits that were very low maintenance and easy to raise, for the most part.
It's funny, because once sis got through those years, she is now one of the most wonderful people you could ever meet. She has 3 children of her own now. She is warm, caring, compasionate, humble, etc., etc., etc.
Ultimately, there are so many variables that make every family dynamic different.
Do y'all's best, they'll be fine...! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Similar here. We live l'm the same neighborhood as my folks (mom's 76, pop's 83), less than a mile away.
We didn't, necessarily, choose to be close to my folks. We bought here because I loved growing up here, and it's a safe pretty little neighborhood with good schools. Since we all have a great family relationship, being near mom and pop was just a bonus.
And, now that they're older, if they might need something, we're just a few minutes away. :)

Hmm . . . I have these images in my mind of the old tv show, Dallas . . . but you all live in Austen, and your name isn't Ewing, so I guess you're not the extended family portrayed on that show?! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom