The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl and @figmentfan423 (calling in Figgy on this one, too, as she is the ADR guru), how do you get a luncheon reservation for the Dining with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby?

For the heck of it yesterday, I went to the main WDW site and then to the restaurants/special experiences section. They listed the DWI. So I clicked on the date schedule, and either most of the dates were grey (grey wouldn't allow you to click open the date), or some others were blue. The blue dates would let you click on them, but they all said that nothing was available at that time.

Now, I don't have any Disney hotel room reservations made, so I don't have any sort of online "account" or whatever it is. Do you think I got blocked out right from the get-go, because I don't have a reservation in the system for a Disney hotel? By the way, I tried two months ahead--May and June, and everything said the same--no availability. Seems odd.

betty rose

Good morning everyone. It is supposed to be a beautiful day here in the mid-60's. The dog and I traveled to the grocery store for our Saturday morning donut and coffee (which I'm sipping now). Oh and when I'm done with my coffee I'll be packing for DISNEY WORLD! I leave next Saturday, but I'm trying not to procrastinate with my packing.
I've been packing late too, as you can't know what the weather will be. But, I always pack a pair of jeans, and capri's, the tops are a wild card, short sleeves, long, or at the elbow. I wish we could know what will happen, but our last trip was a wild card, after I got the flu. Then I broke out my sweatshirt, I didn't think I would need it, but I was proven wrong.

betty rose

Yep, it was never forbidden to us either, but, I still drink plenty as an adult. :hungry: ;)
Also, we never forbade it to our kiddos, but, none of them ever seemed to be interested in it, until they were getting closer to 21.
All three are now of age, and do drink.
Both DDs more than DS, but, even then, not much because they are very much into fitness. :happy:

I'll never forget one time way back when...
We were eating out one night and I ordered a bottled beer and asked for a glass with it.
The "glass" they brought me was one of those generic, 16 oz. clear-ish plastic restaurant tumblers in red, that all the other soft drinks and waters were in.
Anyway, I was sitting next to DS (he was about 8 at the time) and he mistakenly picked up my beer and took a big swig. None of us noticed 'til it was too late. He ended up spitting it into his water glass, but, the look on his face was beyond priceless...!!!!! :joyfull:
We all (including him) had a good laugh, but, he couldn't, for the life of him, figure out how I could possibly like that "stuff". "Gross!" he said...!!! :hilarious:
I love this, we were told that we would go to hell, if we drank, my Mom's idea. This drove me to try it at college, funny my cousin went to IU at the same time and bought it for me. I hated it at the time, and didn't take it up for many years, I was having a lot of pain, because I had a 15 pound fibroid, that grew everywhere in my colon and other places, I had to have a 6 hour surgery to remove everything that it had grown into. Glad I was out. Hubby went crazy not knowing what was going on , as it was to be a couple hours of surgery. My Doctor in Kansas City said I was too young for a hysterectomy. We moved to Colorado with hubby's job. I got a new OBGYN. He said I was in terrible shape, did surgery in less than a month. It turned out great. I feel like I have been saved at the last minute. I was having huge b. clots, and I would pass out. Dr in KC would do nothing. I'm getting so sick of getting horrible treatment. I have one more story with the eye dr. in Kansas city, He made several sexual references to daughter and I. He was later arrested for this and defrauding the medicare system. He had several patients that were "dead" and claimed social security. He ultimately went to jail. I don't know how to protect myself and hubby anymore. Sister refuses to go to the Dr. except for thyroid drugs, now no one will take her. How does anyone get a good dr.? I think mine is the best, but he is getting close to retirement. Frankly I'm over whelmed at the idea of finding someone new. When I moved to Denver area, I asked my GP. for a referral, he had none, said most Dr. in this area are really bad. I feel really lucky that we found a nice and caring and listening Dr. Mckenna. The doctor I had before was sued for malpractice . He left the area. Our records went to the parking lot for anyone to pick up. This made the local news, his name is Dr. Kay. He reopened a practice in north Denver. How do these things happen? Sorry for my rant, just want everyone to be aware that the medical system is broken. Bad Dr.s keep practicing and good Dr.s have to fight everyday for the patient. Sorry for the rant, I just want to let people know that we need to pressure those in power to fix this corrupt system

Figgy1

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl and @figmentfan423 (calling in Figgy on this one, too, as she is the ADR guru), how do you get a luncheon reservation for the Dining with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby?

For the heck of it yesterday, I went to the main WDW site and then to the restaurants/special experiences section. They listed the DWI. So I clicked on the date schedule, and either most of the dates were grey (grey wouldn't allow you to click open the date), or some others were blue. The blue dates would let you click on them, but they all said that nothing was available at that time.

Now, I don't have any Disney hotel room reservations made, so I don't have any sort of online "account" or whatever it is. Do you think I got blocked out right from the get-go, because I don't have a reservation in the system for a Disney hotel? By the way, I tried two months ahead--May and June, and everything said the same--no availability. Seems odd.
It may be booked full or not available for the days you were looking at. Your best bet is to call Disney directly. Good luck and their system can just be glitchy at times.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I love this, we were told that we would go to hell, if we drank, my Mom's idea. This drove me to try it at college, funny my cousin went to IU at the same time and bought it for me. I hated it at the time, and didn't take it up for many years, I was having a lot of pain, because I had a 15 pound fibroid, that grew everywhere in my colon and other places, I had to have a 6 hour surgery to remove everything that it had grown into. Glad I was out. Hubby went crazy not knowing what was going on , as it was to be a couple hours of surgery. My Doctor in Kansas City said I was too young for a hysterectomy. We moved to Colorado with hubby's job. I got a new OBGYN. He said I was in terrible shape, did surgery in less than a month. It turned out great. I feel like I have been saved at the last minute. I was having huge b. clots, and I would pass out. Dr in KC would do nothing. I'm getting so sick of getting horrible treatment. I have one more story with the eye dr. in Kansas city, He made several sexual references to daughter and I. He was later arrested for this and defrauding the medicare system. He had several patients that were "dead" and claimed social security. He ultimately went to jail. I don't know how to protect myself and hubby anymore. Sister refuses to go to the Dr. except for thyroid drugs, now no one will take her. How does anyone get a good dr.? I think mine is the best, but he is getting close to retirement. Frankly I'm over whelmed at the idea of finding someone new. When I moved to Denver area, I asked my GP. for a referral, he had none, said most Dr. in this area are really bad. I feel really lucky that we found a nice and caring and listening Dr. Mckenna. The doctor I had before was sued for malpractice . He left the area. Our records went to the parking lot for anyone to pick up. This made the local news, his name is Dr. Kay. He reopened a practice in north Denver. How do these things happen? Sorry for my rant, just want everyone to be aware that the medical system is broken. Bad Dr.s keep practicing and good Dr.s have to fight everyday for the patient. Sorry for the rant, I just want to let people know that we need to pressure those in power to fix this corrupt system
Word of mouth is a good way to find a doctor. Good luck xoxo

betty rose

Oh I'm so glad he was receptive! I'm sorry you had such a rotten experience with the one assistant, but it does sound like the doctor was unaware (not surprising if the assistant ran out of the room as soon as Dr. came in! He must have known he was not being reasonable and didn't want Dr. to know) and that he really will take care of it. Good idea to write it in a letter. I find I can gather my thoughts better when I have time to think exactly what I want to say and how I want to say it. And sometimes I practice for an upcoming conversation that I'm expecting to be difficult and I try to anticipate what they might say and how I should answer. A lot of times it goes way better than I was expecting and it's a total relief. So do you know which days the nice assistant is there so you can avoid the bad one?
Yes, he is usually in on Friday's. Dr said to ask before we make an appointment to make sure we won't have the bad one, named Scott. . Our dear Dr. has no power in this clinic. But, he has always looked after us for over 10 years. When he retires, we go somewhere else or do without meds. we don't have much of a choice, with so many Dr.s refusing to take medicare patients. As I'm pointing out this system is a mess. We also pay for private insurance that medicare doesn't cover. It's not cheap, but we have no choice needing meds for asthma. Hubby's prescriptions for one month runs 400.00$. The insurance helped, but it is hard, now they won't pay anymore and put him on a lesser drug. The side effect is he can't speak very loud, losing his voice. With my hearing problems we can't talk much. We have been the best of friends, and talked about everything, from politics, weather , family issues, news, and Disney, now we are having trouble. Sorry for another rant, but this is where this country is going with the insurance company's and corrupt people in their back pocket, needing funds to run for another election. I've seen this for so many years, it would be funny, if it weren't so appalling. I remember living in Kansas City, the democratic side, couldn't vote as the machines, wouldn't work, I went in to vote and only republican machines worked. It was during the Nixon era. I was surprised. I left came back later, and it was still the same way. I left and didn't vote for anyone. It just seemed to corrupt to vote. Yes, I have lived in interesting times. Just like today....things are still strange with the "new" election. I'm not railing against either party. Just that things don't change.

StarWarsGirl

My next door neighbors are away, so I'm housesitting for them so that they wouldn't have to put their dog in a kennel. They also have a cat who basically stays in the basement. The dog was immediately happy to see me. But which animal is the one I most want to be friends with? Yup, the cat. Successfully so far, she came out and let me scratch her chin.

I think it proves conclusively I am a cat person. I've spent more time trying to get the cat to let me pet her than I've spent actually petting the dog.

betty rose

I give out likes because I feel like it's something nice to do. I also enjoy getting likes. Sometimes, on other threads, if someone replies without giving a like, I'm a little hesitant to read their response (I usually still read it, but sometimes I wish I hadn't; people can be nasty). On this thread, I don't take it personally if someone doesn't like my post, nor should anyone read too much into me not liking the post (I don't read every post on this thread; I just plain don't have time). However, the likes issue has caused quite a bit of contention on these boards in the past. I'm personally not worried about my likes count because 1. it's just plain petty and 2. if I'm that worried about likes on an online board most people outside of the Disney fan realm have never even heard of, I really need to get a life.

I think people, especially in my age group, are overall too concerned about what people on social media think of them. While the "like" features on this and other websites are nice and can be a very positive thing, I think that it is really important to keep social media in perspective. Social media is great for meeting and interacting with people who you might not otherwise meet, or for keeping in contact with people you don't get to see all the time. But social media isn't a replacement for actual socializing, nor does it portray the reality of what people are actually going through. I think social media, and the Like button, are wonderful, but they have their place; we cannot take it too seriously.
I love reading everything on here, so I do likes for everyone, as they are taking their time to respond, or give an opinion. Even if I don't agree, it's nice to read the other side. At my age I love keeping in touch, with young people. I can always learn something, and you all make me feel young! Sometimes I miss a couple things, but I like to "talk" about any topics. All opinons and news is valuable in my opinion.:happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom