The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I am really looking forward to the Smokehouse, the burnt ends hash was good this year and is returning. But there is a chocolate cake with a caramel sauce and some ribs that look good. I might even try the watermelon salad (not at the smokehouse), I am not a fan of watermelon but I am intrigued that it is paired with a savory balsamic vinegar sauce and feta.

Oh my. Sounds sooo delicious...! :hungry:
I luvs me some burnt ends...! :happy: :)

image.jpeg

betty rose

My next door neighbors are away, so I'm housesitting for them so that they wouldn't have to put their dog in a kennel. They also have a cat who basically stays in the basement. The dog was immediately happy to see me. But which animal is the one I most want to be friends with? Yup, the cat. Successfully so far, she came out and let me scratch her chin.

I think it proves conclusively I am a cat person. I've spent more time trying to get the cat to let me pet her than I've spent actually petting the dog.
We can't all be the same, that's okay....I'm an animal lover. But, if I had to pick, it would be a doggie for me. They give unconditional love and are very smart and funny at the same time. Plus, I grew up with a special dog, named Trixie, she was my best friend, and I confided everything to her. Okay, I know this is strange, but she seemed to listen and gave me lots of kisses. Sister and I loved her so much.

Cesar R M

That's awefule, dude. Hope everything gets straightened out.

I think we took your warm. It was 80 here (27 in Celcius). Last week, it snowed. Weird weather.
power is back up, took more than usual. My mother had to call friends who had friends inside the company. These f****ers didnt want to restore the power (despite promises to do so).
They pretty much tried to pull a "lazy friday+weekends" by no working on the last day (pretty usual).
But the issues didnt stopped there..
Once they restored energy and put a heavy "punishment lock", found out that one of the 120V lines were damaged as well.
So I had to scramble to find an electrician to fix.

All while waiting for the technician of my internet to fix and make the "move" from my older company to the newer one.

backup again.. but drained, angry and still stressed.
We're now waiting for the TV guy to come finish the issues we had.

donaldtoo

I love crape myrtles. Had those in Kansas City. Now, I just have pines, and spruce. I miss gardening . It was relaxing for me too. But, not the mowing. Tending to all the pretty flowers I had in the past was my favorite pass time in the summer.:joyfull:

We have 4 crape myrtles out in the front side yard near the driveway. My pop gave them to us about 23 yrs. ago when they were just tiny little things. I trimmed them over the years to grow more like trees instead of bushes, so they would provide shade (west side of house) and we could sit under them. Here's the color they are... :)

image.jpeg

StarWarsGirl

power is back up, took more than usual. My mother had to call friends who had friends inside the company. These f****ers didnt want to restore the power (despite promises to do so).
They pretty much tried to pull a "lazy friday+weekends" by no working on the last day (pretty usual).
But the issues didnt stopped there..
Once they restored energy and put a heavy "punishment lock", found out that one of the 120V lines were damaged as well.
So I had to scramble to find an electrician to fix.

All while waiting for the technician of my internet to fix and make the "move" from my older company to the newer one.

backup again.. but drained, angry and still stressed.
We're now waiting for the TV guy to come finish the issues we had.
Sympathy like.

StarWarsGirl

We can't all be the same, that's okay....I'm an animal lover. But, if I had to pick, it would be a doggie for me. They give unconditional love and are very smart and funny at the same time. Plus, I grew up with a special dog, named Trixie, she was my best friend, and I confided everything to her. Okay, I know this is strange, but she seemed to listen and gave me lots of kisses. Sister and I loved her so much.
I'm a little distrustful of dogs; this dog is one of the few I trust. She's laying on the ottonam next to the couch, where I am. With most dogs, I wouldn't be this calm near them. The smell and the fact that they are so high maintenance deters me from owning one.

I've also found I've just got a natural way with cats. For instance, this cat doesn't like my mom, but comes for me. My mom and I visited the animal shelter a few years ago, and they kept all the cats in one room, with two benches in the room. I sat down on one and my mom on the other. I suddenly had cats all over me. In my hair, climbing my jeans, trying to climb up my arm...my mom had the cats who were already there and who couldn't be bothered to get up (several who had been there got up and walked over to me). My mom nicknamed me Cat Magnet.

I suspect this one has arthritis, which I'll mention to her owner. She looks like she just always hurts. She doesn't move normally. Her fur doesn't feel like she's grooming. She hisses if you come too close too quickly because she likely feels like she can't easily get away. Poor baby.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl and @figmentfan423 (calling in Figgy on this one, too, as she is the ADR guru), how do you get a luncheon reservation for the Dining with an Imagineer at the Brown Derby?

For the heck of it yesterday, I went to the main WDW site and then to the restaurants/special experiences section. They listed the DWI. So I clicked on the date schedule, and either most of the dates were grey (grey wouldn't allow you to click open the date), or some others were blue. The blue dates would let you click on them, but they all said that nothing was available at that time.

Now, I don't have any Disney hotel room reservations made, so I don't have any sort of online "account" or whatever it is. Do you think I got blocked out right from the get-go, because I don't have a reservation in the system for a Disney hotel? By the way, I tried two months ahead--May and June, and everything said the same--no availability. Seems odd.

I don't think you got blocked out because you weren't logged in. I wasn't logged in the other day when I got mine for late June. I know that the Dine lunch isn't everyday and they don't have it during peak holiday times.. I have read that it books up very quickly as the lunch is open to less than 20 people (I think I read up to 15 max). So you have to be quick on the date it opens up to book. But I tried a couple of days after our 180 mark and just got a spot for late June. And when I got my ADR there was only one spot open (so it was good hubby was already planning on golfing that day) and only on one day that they were having the lunch.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've been packing late too, as you can't know what the weather will be. But, I always pack a pair of jeans, and capri's, the tops are a wild card, short sleeves, long, or at the elbow. I wish we could know what will happen, but our last trip was a wild card, after I got the flu. Then I broke out my sweatshirt, I didn't think I would need it, but I was proven wrong.

I have a pair of capris and short sleeve shirts. I always have my fleece jacket too.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Mickey, that's the best she must be a fan too!:hilarious:

Poor baby, I would take her in a minute and shower her with lots of love and kisses.

I'd like to think she is a Mickey fan, she is a smart cookie so she has to be a Disney fan. And she does love kisses and hugs, she is currently snuggled under my blanket on my lap. I will miss it on my trip, but when I come back she'll be super happy and I'll get lots of kisses and snuggles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom