The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Good morning and it really is. It's a bit cool for me but it's March so I'll deal and compared to what some of you are going through it's only right. I'm in way too good a mood today LOL It doesn't take much. I went and got a mani pedi yesterday and it was warm enough for flip flops:joyfull: My dh gave me a honey do list with one item on it. Price out rooms for a long weekend in October and November. For a quick get a way without the boys:joyfull: We may not be able to book for a while but he wants to know about how much we'll need:bookworm: Have a magical weekend everybody
Lucky duck!!! Nice hubby you have!!

StarWarsGirl

Do people actually pay attention to likes here? I don't...more often than not I forget to "like" something because I'm too busy reading, but it's not that I DON'T like the posts.
I give out likes because I feel like it's something nice to do. I also enjoy getting likes. Sometimes, on other threads, if someone replies without giving a like, I'm a little hesitant to read their response (I usually still read it, but sometimes I wish I hadn't; people can be nasty). On this thread, I don't take it personally if someone doesn't like my post, nor should anyone read too much into me not liking the post (I don't read every post on this thread; I just plain don't have time). However, the likes issue has caused quite a bit of contention on these boards in the past. I'm personally not worried about my likes count because 1. it's just plain petty and 2. if I'm that worried about likes on an online board most people outside of the Disney fan realm have never even heard of, I really need to get a life.

I think people, especially in my age group, are overall too concerned about what people on social media think of them. While the "like" features on this and other websites are nice and can be a very positive thing, I think that it is really important to keep social media in perspective. Social media is great for meeting and interacting with people who you might not otherwise meet, or for keeping in contact with people you don't get to see all the time. But social media isn't a replacement for actual socializing, nor does it portray the reality of what people are actually going through. I think social media, and the Like button, are wonderful, but they have their place; we cannot take it too seriously.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I give out likes because I feel like it's something nice to do. I also enjoy getting likes. Sometimes, on other threads, if someone replies without giving a like, I'm a little hesitant to read their response (I usually still read it, but sometimes I wish I hadn't; people can be nasty). On this thread, I don't take it personally if someone doesn't like my post, nor should anyone read too much into me not liking the post (I don't read every post on this thread; I just plain don't have time). However, the likes issue has caused quite a bit of contention on these boards in the past. I'm personally not worried about my likes count because 1. it's just plain petty and 2. if I'm that worried about likes on an online board most people outside of the Disney fan realm have never even heard of, I really need to get a life.

I think people, especially in my age group, are overall too concerned about what people on social media think of them. While the "like" features on this and other websites are nice and can be a very positive thing, I think that it is really important to keep social media in perspective. Social media is great for meeting and interacting with people who you might not otherwise meet, or for keeping in contact with people you don't get to see all the time. But social media isn't a replacement for actual socializing, nor does it portray the reality of what people are actually going through. I think social media, and the Like button, are wonderful, but they have their place; we cannot take it too seriously.
Wish I could like that more than once

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Question guys

I have the WDW app on my phone Shop Disney Parks. Is there a way to access that sight from my computer instead of me using the phone app?

I don't think so. It works on an ipad too. There is a 30% and free shipping for Disney Parks merchandise right now on the Disney Store site. I ordered some stuff this morning, but a couple things were sold out so that was a bummer.

Goofyernmost

I am me and we are me and we are all the walrus, goo goo g'joob....

My brain is not functioning well today and I really saw a W. Go figure! :confused:

How about: Most hate zebras, sad dopey kangaroos, dirty dishes, some red beetles, violent otters?

(I love the upside down font - don't know how you did it, but great job!) :)
That works for me and makes you look one hell of a lot smarter too. ;):)

Goofyernmost

Do people actually pay attention to likes here? I don't...more often than not I forget to "like" something because I'm too busy reading, but it's not that I DON'T like the posts.
Don't worry some do and some don't. I usually forget to because I am so excited about what I am going to say, perhaps change the world, etc. Also I have the advantage of blaming it on old age. That comes in handy sometimes.

donaldtoo

And then there were two. :cyclops:

Both my kids had pretty spectacular 21st Birthdays. Still all and all my DD liked her sweet 16th more, I took her to WDW. Thinking it was our best Thanksgiving ever.

Yep, as you know, we spent oldest DDs 21st at WDW were she got engaged, and youngest DDs 21st in NOLA. DS would have preferred WDW, but, it just wasn't in the cards at the time. He was plenty happy with the Buca di Beppo just down the road.
And, oldest DD was lucky enough to also spend her Sweet 16 at WDW. All the treats she got from the resort, an older CM gettin' a whole slew of guests to sing happy birthday to her right before rope drop at MK on her special day, etc.
One awesome trip, and memories we'll never forget, as well...! :happy: :)

donaldtoo

Huh....I've probably inadvertently offended people then, just because I forget to hit "like" most of the time. And I don't pay attention to my own posts to see who "liked" it. I post and then scroll on. It just isn't really on my radar.

When I first came to this site, and for quite a while thereafter, I didn't bother with it either.
Without going into the whole silly old story, let's just say I give them now.

Mickey Ears

Huh....I've probably inadvertently offended people then, just because I forget to hit "like" most of the time. And I don't pay attention to my own posts to see who "liked" it. I post and then scroll on. It just isn't really on my radar.
I'm certainly not offended if someone doesn't like my post. I either think they just forgot or just don't bother to use that function like others do. I don't think it's the end of the world. I am just actually shocked that I almost have 1,400 likes and only 600 posts.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Your parents had the same approach as mine. As kids, we were always allowed to have a little, if we wanted it. You see, that's why I hardly drink at all as an adult. It was never "forbidden" to us as kids (as long as we were with our parents), so when the legal drinking age came about, and all my other friends went crazy over booze, I was always the sober one. I used to just sit back and watch them, and think, "What's the big deal about all this?"

Yep, it was never forbidden to us either, but, I still drink plenty as an adult. :hungry: ;)
Also, we never forbade it to our kiddos, but, none of them ever seemed to be interested in it, until they were getting closer to 21.
All three are now of age, and do drink.
Both DDs more than DS, but, even then, not much because they are very much into fitness. :happy:

I'll never forget one time way back when...
We were eating out one night and I ordered a bottled beer and asked for a glass with it.
The "glass" they brought me was one of those generic, 16 oz. clear-ish plastic restaurant tumblers in red, that all the other soft drinks and waters were in.
Anyway, I was sitting next to DS (he was about 8 at the time) and he mistakenly picked up my beer and took a big swig. None of us noticed 'til it was too late. He ended up spitting it into his water glass, but, the look on his face was beyond priceless...!!!!! :joyfull:
We all (including him) had a good laugh, but, he couldn't, for the life of him, figure out how I could possibly like that "stuff". "Gross!" he said...!!! :hilarious:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom