The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
So...I dropped the 95 off my username. It just kind of felt unnecessary; everyone seems to refer to me as just StarWarsGirl anyway. And on other areas of this board, I want people to judge me based on what I have to say, not on my age automatically (and the 95 gave my age away).
Plus it's much more cooler that you are the Star Wars Girl! ;)

Goofyernmost

The first driving I ever learned was "three on the tree" (three manual gears, steering column shift) on my grandparents farm in a '63 International Harvester pickup, when I was 13...!!!!! :joyfull:

And, I luvs me a good Hefeweizen...! :hungry:

Also, DWifey is same...she never has more than about the equivalent of six glasses of wine a year.
I take up most of her slack, though... :oops: ;)
Started with three on the tree, then to four on the floor, then to five on the floor (overdrive) and in there at random a few automatics. Then when I drove truck it was 15 on the floor (Yup, a double clutching fool was I) then many years with automatics again. When my bus driving career started I was amazed the just like they were in the very early 60's, it was push button automatics just like the old Chrysler products. I'm afraid that my current Cadillac does not have anything available other then automatic. I'll live with that.

So...I dropped the 95 off my username. It just kind of felt unnecessary; everyone seems to refer to me as just StarWarsGirl anyway. And on other areas of this board, I want people to judge me based on what I have to say, not on my age automatically (and the 95 gave my age away).
I know what you mean I was going to put 48 at the end of my username, but, I was afraid that everyone would think I was to young to have an opinion. However, I am finding out that many people think that I am to old to have a valid opinion. It must be true that we always end up where we started, however, I would be more then happy to have a valid 95 after mine.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good Morning!

tumblr_nm76l1HXPL1t7a464o1_500.gif

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good morning everyone. It is supposed to be a beautiful day here in the mid-60's. The dog and I traveled to the grocery store for our Saturday morning donut and coffee (which I'm sipping now). Oh and when I'm done with my coffee I'll be packing for DISNEY WORLD! I leave next Saturday, but I'm trying not to procrastinate with my packing.

Songbird76

I love it as well. I will most likely make it tonight for dinner.
Do you bread yours at all? I do some crushed cornflakes, a bit of Paprika powder, garlic powder, onion powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I dip it in egg whites mixed with buttermilk, then in the cornflake mixture, and bake it on my pizza stone lined with baking paper. I serve it with roasted veggies with rosemary and garlic. Soooo good.

Mickey Ears

Do you bread yours at all? I do some crushed cornflakes, a bit of Paprika powder, garlic powder, onion powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I dip it in egg whites mixed with buttermilk, then in the cornflake mixture, and bake it on my pizza stone lined with baking paper. I serve it with roasted veggies with rosemary and garlic. Soooo good.
I haven't breaded them before.I just put some seasoning on them. I also bake them on a pizza stone. They are yummy.

Songbird76

It isn't one of my favorite hospitals. I travelled there because I loved my OB but we had many issues with the staff there. While there are exceptions of course the overwhelming tone is downright snotty. I saw my FIL heart monitor on a chair they forgot to put back on after they gave him a bath. When the neurologist did brain surgery for bleeding nobody noted he knew nobody or that he was clueless about anything prior to the surgery. My FIL was a lovely man and very proper but also funny. So when he started talking to me and calling me 'Babe' conversation in that tone, I knew something was off. Trying to communicate this to staff was useless. I cornered the surgeon in the hallway and told him my MIL was feeding him answers to make him appear OK. :facepalm:
Why would your MIL do that?? Didn't she WANT him to get good care? They can't fix what they don't know is wrong! Sounds like a pretty sloppy hospital. A mistake once in a while you can expect...no one is perfect. But you'd hope that a hospital would be pretty on top of things, especially monitoring equipment and such. Wow.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Is it just me or is the first letter ǝpısdn uʍop to make it match up with everything else.
I am me and we are me and we are all the walrus, goo goo g'joob....

My brain is not functioning well today and I really saw a W. Go figure! :confused:

How about: Most hate zebras, sad dopey kangaroos, dirty dishes, some red beetles, violent otters?

(I love the upside down font - don't know how you did it, but great job!) :)

Songbird76

It's Saturday!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!! I get to sleep in tomorrow. Wait no I don't I have two little squirt alarm clocks.
Does your 3 year old let you sleep if your little one isn't needing to be fed yet? My DS used to wake up at 4:30 to 5:00 every single day. Hubby and I took turns getting up with him because he would NOT go back to sleep. Then we went to the US on vacation and it completely screwed up his inner clock and when we got back home, he finally slept until 6:00 every morning....he still does. About once a year he'll sleep late, and once every few months he might make it until 7:00 or so, which is lovely

Songbird76

Hi, everyone. Lets just say my day was hard. I slept in, and had wonderful dreams about ice skating. I ice skated for over 20 years, took lessons from an olympic winner. So many years ago. So this was a wonderful dream, and I needed it as the day went harder. We had a 10 A.M. appointment. We arrived about 10 minutes, early.....we should have known better. We are optimistic that we would be seen on time. Entered the waiting room, and it was full. Oh, oh, miscalculated this. We waited until 11:30 to be called back to see the Dr. It was a consultation appointment, they insisted we have our weight taken, we were there only a week ago, and blood pressure. Mine was high due to the encounter with last weeks Dr. assistance, I fondly (not) call the jerk. We saw a different assistant , and he was wonderful, funny and caring. What a difference a week makes! We went into the exam room,
for a consultation, we have always been seen in the Dr.'s office for test results and consultation. Okay we wait and wait and wait after another hour, the Dr. comes in . We present him with our letter of what went wrong, to make a long story short, the assistant complained about us going back together, I'm uncomfortable seeing anyone alone, as I was sexually abused as a kid.He complained and complained that he didn't want us together. We told him we have been doing this with the Dr. from the beginning. He became very nasty. Told hubby he had to take a breathing test, we were both sick. He told me to watch hubby's instructions for the test, as he didn't want to repeat himself. Hubby and I have asthma, hubby had to do this three times and failed all of them. He said to me, you come over here and take the same test I said I'm too sick to do the test. I've had several of these for asthma, he said, you come over here and take the test, I started to do it, and he yelled stop, you need the instructions, so he repeated himself. At this point I was getting over the flu, and had a lung infection. I failed 3 times, as he made me take it over and over. I kept saying I was sick and couldn't breath well . Then he brought me in a mood test, I guess I wasn't compliant enough, I told him I wasn't feeling well and couldn't think about my "mood". He said I had to take it anyway, so I looked at the first three questions, and just circled everything the same for three pages. I guess I didn't pass. So he brought in another page, I did the same. Then he said we were to have a head to toe exam. We were there for a prescription renewal, and a blood draw. We told him that and he said he was going to do it anyway, he started and the Dr. came in, and he ran out of the room, not saying anything. The Dr. talked with us and looked at our charts, Hubby and I were so shaken at this time we couldn't say anything and we left. and Dr increased my blood pressure medicine. Said we didn't need a head to toe exam. Then we had the blood draw which went very well for me as my blood pressure was so high at this point, It came pouring out of my veins. I was ready to have another stroke....It was 200 over 110. I'm what is called a hot reactor. So I'm home with increased medication. I know this isn't short. Today we finally talked with the Dr. he was appalled, and took our letter. He said he was responsible for the people that worked for him, and this couldn't stand, we could see this affected him a lot, we told him since he had another assistant that treated us so wonderfully that we would come on the days that he is in. Dr. said he would take our letter up with the practice, and he would take care of it.
Oh I'm so glad he was receptive! I'm sorry you had such a rotten experience with the one assistant, but it does sound like the doctor was unaware (not surprising if the assistant ran out of the room as soon as Dr. came in! He must have known he was not being reasonable and didn't want Dr. to know) and that he really will take care of it. Good idea to write it in a letter. I find I can gather my thoughts better when I have time to think exactly what I want to say and how I want to say it. And sometimes I practice for an upcoming conversation that I'm expecting to be difficult and I try to anticipate what they might say and how I should answer. A lot of times it goes way better than I was expecting and it's a total relief. So do you know which days the nice assistant is there so you can avoid the bad one?

Songbird76

Nope. I knew were that thing was. I just chose not to use it at the time because too many seemed to be too hung up on how many likes they did or didn't have. :confused:
I started using it when I felt it was appropriate. ;)
Do people actually pay attention to likes here? I don't...more often than not I forget to "like" something because I'm too busy reading, but it's not that I DON'T like the posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom