The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

In fairness to the Staff my Dad is not a good patient. Difficult doesn't cover it and he tends to believe nurses are his personal servers to cater to his every whim and doesn't care they have many patients to care for. Still when dealing with the Elderly and you're a professional you can either escalate or deescalate the situation. They have an alarm on his bed since he disobeys orders to stay put but he kept getting up and sounding alarms all night. So I gave the night staff credit. They had an orderly come to his room, rolled his bed into the hallway right in front of the nurses station so he was being watched. No TV, nothing to do. They put him in Time Out.

Have to appreciate there are people in the world that are kind like you encountered. The hospital in the City where my Dad is its massive. I'd actually like him to be in the other option for a hospital. He knows this hospital because he was a contractor for many of the additions and remodels, he knows every nook. That is why he isn't taking it well that they put an alarm on his bed. Can't sneak off to the employees cafeteria lol.
Your dad sounds like a character.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My grandfather was the worst patient ever. I had to take him in for something minor when he was in his mid nineties. He lied to the admitting nurse who spoke his native language. After she got through with him I got his chart corrected. He told her he was 68 he looked that age but........ Then he got mad when his poker buddy couldn't hang out all hours of the night playing cards. the family sent the nurses a nice basket from the bakery after he left. At least i come by being a very bad patient honestly. my doc managed to keep me in after my younger ds was born 20 hours:D

betty rose

I seriously thought about cancelling a few ADRs but seeing i'm going next year sans kids I want that trip to be almost guilt free.
You deserve a trip that's almost perfect. Unexpected things can happen. Good for you and hubby! You will have loads of fun. Enjoy those ADR's. Hubby and I can't do those anymore, usually the food is too rich. Enjoy while you can. Pipes get old.;)

betty rose

My grandfather was the worst patient ever. I had to take him in for something minor when he was in his mid nineties. He lied to the admitting nurse who spoke his native language. After she got through with him I got his chart corrected. He told her he was 68 he looked that age but........ Then he got mad when his poker buddy couldn't hang out all hours of the night playing cards. the family sent the nurses a nice basket from the bakery after he left. At least i come by being a very bad patient honestly. my doc managed to keep me in after my younger ds was born 20 hours:D
Hubby and I are generally good patients, so I don't get the hate from Dr. assistant. We have a letter to give to the Dr. Friday, we have requested a private consultation, to air our problems.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
OMG, you just made my day. That it hilarious! It's one thing to see the pictures, but to actually be able to see it going down the street with a big tree coming out of it is priceless. I read on MSN last night that the woman failed field sobriety tests and that she told the officers she had hit the tree somewhere in her hometown, but didn't remember where exactly. So she actually drove from one town to another....with a tree stuck to her car!!

Ha! People are scary.

As far as driving from town to town in that area there are about 12 communities in a spattering around there that it can take about 2 minutes to go from town to town line with an addition of some small unincorporated areas. So her hometown could have been a couple blocks from there in that section of the county. For the most part those small towns are pretty peaceful so this is something that they will always remember.

Gabe1

Bean counters: hospital administration, and insurance companies. There's your answer.

My Dad has the best insurance I've ever seen based out of the Union. A couple years ago when he had 4x bypass surgery he was sent for 6 weeks to the in hospital rehab center with a private room. Insurance picked up 100% of surgery and rehab

When he had his hip replaced they sent him to a private rehab center in the City, so pretty. Private room 9 weeks, paid 100% of the bill. These guys payed out the wazoo in Union Dues but in return they always had the best of medical care.

Gabe1

My Dad can be one of the kindest, most generous men out there. And he can be one of the most difficult humans on earth.

My Mom isn't helping. She is beyond angry with him (and I get that) but as she is passing info back and forth to me and my Sis I have to pry out the blah blah blah, what the Doc said, what my Dad told her the Doc said and what my Mom has rewritten in her head and then embellished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom