The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Well, in a way, she has. Pottermore is HER site that she runs and writes the content for, and the trailer for the story is like a book...I could post a link for you if you'd like. The nice thing about this is it's a free website....if she published a paper book, we'd have to pay for it.
Yeah but I could get the book and read on these days where there is no internet or TV..

Cesar R M

Are they not all Stoned ?? :D
stoned.. boulders..
xVqmgoF.gif

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That sounds like a nightmare!!! Sympathy like. I'm so glad I never encountered that with either of my parents. When my mom was in the hospital (her blood pressure dropped dangerously low for no apparent reason...she was undergoing chemo and radiation, but it didn't seem to be related), we could call any time and get information. There was ONE time I called and the nurse didn't know who I was and wouldn't put me through to her, but the next time I called, I let mom know and she chewed that nurse up one side and down the other that her children were to be patched through no matter what time it was. And then when we went to visit her, they knew we had driven all day to get there in snow, had gotten a flat tire and had to drive 75 miles on a donut to get to the closest town which just happened to be one of the 2 largest towns in Wyoming...we had called ahead and they kept a garage open just for us to get the tire replaced so we could drive another 150 miles to get to the hospital (Thank you Casper Sam's club garage!!) so we got to the hospital LATE at night and well after visiting hours, but those nurses were AMAZING. Visiting hours did not apply to the Osborn children. We were allowed to just sit in her room all night and mom's favorite nurse had such a great sense of humor. She was teaching a first aid class the next day and had a CPR dummy out on a bed in a room down the hall. We went and raided the nurses lounge for a styrofoam cup and turned it into a party hat, used toilet paper for a tie, and put a pair of my husband's broken sunglasses on it. The nurse thought it was hilarious. I suppose it depends on where you are...this was podunk nowhere...tiny little hospital with only a couple of halls and a small staff who had all seen us numerous times when we came with mom for surgery or chemo treatments. It wasn't anonymous like a big city hospital would be. But even with my dad and his strokes, I could call any time and the nurses knew I was calling from overseas. Even though that was in a much bigger hospital, they were always VERY helpful. I'm sorry your dad got stuck with an idiot. I really do think most nurses are great...they have a hard job, but she should have understood someone being hard of hearing. And sticking him in a wheelchair for 4 hours??? What were they thinking?

In fairness to the Staff my Dad is not a good patient. Difficult doesn't cover it and he tends to believe nurses are his personal servers to cater to his every whim and doesn't care they have many patients to care for. Still when dealing with the Elderly and you're a professional you can either escalate or deescalate the situation. They have an alarm on his bed since he disobeys orders to stay put but he kept getting up and sounding alarms all night. So I gave the night staff credit. They had an orderly come to his room, rolled his bed into the hallway right in front of the nurses station so he was being watched. No TV, nothing to do. They put him in Time Out.

Have to appreciate there are people in the world that are kind like you encountered. The hospital in the City where my Dad is its massive. I'd actually like him to be in the other option for a hospital. He knows this hospital because he was a contractor for many of the additions and remodels, he knows every nook. That is why he isn't taking it well that they put an alarm on his bed. Can't sneak off to the employees cafeteria lol.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
OMG I'm off for a bit and 2 pages behind:confused: In more Disney news buffet lunches and dinners now cost the same:mad: I liked saving a few dollars eating at off times.

Yeah, I guess there was a whole bunch more price increases today. :bored: The last 12 months the CPI rose 1.4% and this is the second round of increases since October at Disney all while making overall cuts to service and hours. Annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom