The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
lost.jpg

;) :)

I prefer the maze bushes here.......

hedgemaze600.jpg

especially with some fish and chips in hand.

But the one in Mickey's Birthday Land at the Magic Kingdom was the bestest.

Last edited:

Gabe1

I was born in 1948, and the 50's was living on a farm in Indiana. I'm staying young spending time with the Grandsons, and our kids. We have gone to Disney since 1972, when our daughter was 2. We have been Disney fans for years, disappointed in the cuts, but loving that we will soon see a lot of new stuff. I love the look of Disney Springs, and can't wait to see Animal Kingdom at night. So it's all good.

In all the years you have been at Disney World you have never done AK at night? We have been fortunate to been there when it is open at night multiple times. It is different, especially Everest.

Gabe1

Not a fan, but every other lettuce and vegetable I will eat. I keep trying it though, maybe I will learn to like it.:happy:

I grow Kale both to eat and for fall landscaping. My DD puts it in her blender and makes smoothies. The taste is masked by the fruit or she wouldn't be putting it in there.

donaldtoo

Pretty sure that's not true....you can re-enter the SAME park as many times as you want that day. You just can't enter a DIFFERENT park. But a lot of people go back to their resorts/hotels for a nap in the afternoon, or leave the park for meals and can still get back in.

Yep, we did that on our recent trip. Left MK for the Runners Expo, and went back that evening. Next day, left EPCOT to chill for a bit at the resort, then went back that evening, as well. :)

Gabe1

See the good side of it!
Your awesomeness is now concentrated ;)

Good One! :inlove:
Weird how we go to school within 20 miles of each other and our schools manage to have completely different calendars.
b
My kids Universities were within 45 minutes of each other and their Spring Breaks were different, their start and end dates were different and their Semester Break was the same length but DS got a week in advance of her

donaldtoo

Having attended as a support unit for someone participating in the Disney 5K, I can tell you, with no fear of correction, that age and size have/had no bearing what so ever on what people were wearing from TuTu's, to green wings, to multi colored hair. You name it! It just requires a whimsical sense of humor and no over developed tight end attitude.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up...! :happy:
And yes, puckerbutts need not apply...!!! :joyfull: :D ;)

Gabe1

My mother loves her coverage, when her doc got sick at the same time as her she had no problem getting another temporary doc. I also have a few relatives in NY that are happy

The Doc thing is really varying across the country. There are shortages of Docs in many areas. There are so many upsides to Obamacare especially for those kids that were never covered before, I always found that unnerving in this country that that happened. The downside is there are now more people obtaining medical care that never did before because they were uninsured. Many Doc's have closed their practices to new patients and in some areas there are few choices.

My DD BFF is finishing her doctorate to be a Pharmacist. If she takes a job in Alaska in certain areas all of her debit for 7 years of college will be forgiven. It is a hard choice for her.

donaldtoo

I'm licking the caramel off my computer, awesome!:D

Hahaaa...!
It's a Hispanic/Latin American caramel sauce called cajeta. It's about 10 times thicker than 90 weight gear lube ;), and hard as heck to get out of the container, but, so darn delicious, it's worth it...! :hungry:
We have a coworker from Venezuela that was out running an errand and felt like she needed cheesecake. Well, as we all know, make sure you bring enough for the rest of the class...!!! :joyfull: :D ;)

Figgy1

That's one of the reasons I was so keen to stay on property this time. When I moved over here, I couldn't go back to the states every year to renew my license and it expired. I don't have a drivers license here because it's SUPER expensive to get one, and I only ever learned automatic and there are very few automatics over here, and if you get a license for an automatic, you can't drive stick, but if you have a license for stick, you can also drive automatic. So I'd have to take lessons to learn stick, too, as you can't learn from just anyone over here...it has to be a certified instructor with the special car. So, hubby has to be the Designated Driver all the time and he's the one who drinks more often. He likes to have a few beers with dinner once in a while, or on a hot day, he likes a white beer. If I have 5 alcoholic drinks a year, it's a lot. It will be nice for him to be able to have some drinks this summer. We can just use Disney transportation.
It's the other way around in my house he'll have some at home and I almost never do.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Good morning. NOT! It's 20 outside, at least it's not snowing. I'm supposed to go walking in a couple of hours and it's still going to be this cold:cold::coldfeet::cry:tonight's dinner corned groundhog and cabbage with fingerling potatoes and baby carrots. @MinnieM123 did you get lucky yesterday? @MR FERRET get your mind out of the gutter!!!!! I'm talking about snow
:angelic::angelic::angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom