The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Mrs. Piglet

See, the problem is, you are thinking of the debates the wrong way. Think of them as Political based entertainment. Kind of reminded me a little of an old Jerry Springer Show. :rolleyes:
This is really this first Presidential Race I even paid much attention to and the first I will be able to vote in. The might as well put them all in a ring and let them just beat the hell out of each other and the last man standing wins. :)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Woof. That was a little too serious for me...! :eek: ;)

Since May of '07, I've been a member of exactly two message boards...both Disney related. The first one is now defunct, unless you have a Facebook account (I do not - plus, that board used to thrive, but, was almost totally dead before it went to FB), which is where they now do all their messaging. So, now I only post here.

Anyway, being a newbie to all things message boards, I lurked on the other board for quite a while before finally joining. All the acronyms and abbreviations, of course, confused me a bit, at first. DW was one of the first I encountered (which, I have now even expanded beyond wife to "DWifey" :D). In the context that it was being used in the post, and with the info given, I could tell they were talking about their "Disney Wife". ;) At one point, I found out there was a thread that listed all the most common acs/abs :D (imagine my surprise when I found out DW was actually listed as "Dear Wife" :eek: ;)). Before I finally joined, I was very familiar with most of them.
I use them here because that is how I was first Immersed in message boards, and I feel it simply makes things a little easier for me. I don't write or talk that way anywhere else.
If you look at the vast majority of my posts, I use punctuation extensively (almost too much sometimes, I think :geek:), and there are few spelling errors. Often, even in the middle of a post, I Google to make sure I have the correct spelling, and I proofread all of them, many of them several times.

As I said, I modify as I feel necessary. Recent examples would be me now typing SonIL and DSprings.

Anyhoo, over the last decade or so, I've found a style that I think works best for me. And, of course, others, such as yourself, have a style that they feel works best for them. Different strokes. :)

P.S.
And yes, in my line of work we have an EXTENSIVE list of acronyms and abbreviations that we employ.
Extensive enough to make a lot of folks choke...! ;) :)
Funny-be-yourself-cartoon-quote.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good Afternoon!

12794552_10103225409031549_2866953068819964555_n.jpg

Figgy1

As those, who know me, I'm out for a nap. Since I've been on these meds I wake up at 3:30 A.M. and roll around for a couple hours then cat nap for the next two or three hours. I'm counting the days, when I can get off this stuff. Oh, has anyone had a bad reaction to Mucinex? I took it for two days, and I became totally crazy. I threw the rest in the garbage. Pharmacist says this is't unusual. I've been pretty much screwed over, at the Doc's office. Hubby has written a letter, to the Doctor. Really shoddy treatment from the Dr. assistant. I may share in a future post. I need to have time to move away from what happened, and get some perspective. But he was nasty last time, and more nasty this time. He seems to be passive aggressive. Son in law had that issue, and he went to therapy to get rid of his anger issues. He is a great person , now. This guy needs to be in therapy too. Just my opinion.
I hope you can find a new doctor. Isn't there anybody else in your area? A good doctor is worth a bit of a drive if need be.

Figgy1

This is really this first Presidential Race I even paid much attention to and the first I will be able to vote in. The might as well put them all in a ring and let them just beat the hell out of each other and the last man standing wins. :)
the only woman on that side got bashed for how she looked:mad: I thought this was supposed to be about ideas not the size of one's hands. Hopefully after both conventions everybody will fight nice.

MouseDreaming

the only woman on that side got bashed for how she looked:mad: I thought this was supposed to be about ideas not the size of one's hands. Hopefully after both conventions everybody will fight nice.
If Trump gets the nomination, he basically promised more of the same, and worse, for Clinton. That could be really entertaining. She will try and talk about some policy, or the fact that he donated to her last campaign, and he can berated her over her fashion sense, or worse! @betty rose if that happens, we need LOTS of popcorn!

Mrs. Piglet

No they aren't if my middle school kid acted like that grounded for a month and no vacation EVER!
The really sad thing is this whole thing on both sides has been going on for awhile now and I still have no idea who I'd vote for. Several of them don't give a stance on anything and the others just say the same thing over and over again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom