The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

I packed up all the laundry last night to go to my in-laws tonight. Whirlpool still hasn't called us to come look at the washer, and until they do, we can't get a new machine...so...week's worth of laundry at my in-laws' this weekend. *sigh* I packed it all up so DH could take it with him...his work is between here and my in-laws' house, so he takes the suitcases/bags to work, then when the kids get out of school, we go by bus to the train station, then take a train to where he works and he picks us up at the train station there and we go to his parents. But it's such yucky weather that he's just going to drive home and pick us and the laundry up this time instead. But at least it's all packed. I'm wearing my "I don't care what I look like, it's COLD" sweater...had to take my jeans off and hang them up after the school run after lunch because the bottoms were soaked from melted snow. Thank goodness DS has like 12 pairs of jogging pants or we'd not get through a week without being able to do laundry!!
Good luck! Do you know when they're going to look at it?

Songbird76

Good morning it's carping out!:mad::mad::mad: I have no clue as to weather or not there's going to be school. It's currently a balmy 20 something yup tonight's dinner groundhog Murphy:D I need warm!
Sympathy like! Stay warm!! I told DH we are having Groundhog stew for dinner and I'd check for a recipe with you, since you seem to have a giant cache of groundhog recipes. It's slick as snot here. It strarted snowing around noon and I don't think it's stopped yet, but it started with the really wet slushy carp that melted right away, then went to sleet by the time I took the kids back to school. But with all the wet snow that fell, the sidewalks are covered in slush and it is slippery!!

Songbird76

Thank You. I actually like being vertically challenged. I get to have my boyfriend who is also somewhat short get stuff out of the cabinets for me. :)
I'm a perfectly respectable 5 ft 5.5 inches and I find it completely unfair that everyone in my family is tall except me. I'm not short, but my mom was 5ft10"...I blame my brother for my lack of height. He got it all and there was none left over for me. He's 6ft4". My kids will probably end up taller than me. Hubby is 6ft 2, and his brother is also 6 ft 4 or more, so the height is on both sides of the family...it just skipped me in my fam.

betty rose

I'm most worried about this girl labeling me as the group slacker, which I am not, and trying to undermine me. I'm the only commuter in the group, and I don't think she gets the point of, "I am not driving 30 minutes each way on a weekend for a 30 minute meeting when I'm here five days a week. I will skype in when I'm not here." I'm also the only administration major. They're all communication majors. Which I'm sure they're going to love when we get to budgeting, but still.

My other favorite from today was when I told my group that I needed to go because I had asthma and was getting really desperate for my nebulizer, she says, "Oh I understand. I have a sinus infection." :bored: Really? Until you stop breathing completely and get taken to the emergency room via ambulance because you stopped breathing, don't judge. But I said nothing. I just smiled and left.

I need my "Let it Go" necklace. :hilarious:
I need that necklace too.

Songbird76

Good luck! Do you know when they're going to look at it?
Nope...they were supposed to call today and they haven't. Actually they were supposed to call already yesterday, but if they didn't make it yesterday, they would call today. It's almost 5:00 pm and no phone call yet. And we're heading to my in-laws as soon as DH is off work, so I won't be here this weekend to take the call if they call on the weekend, which they probably wouldn't because I think they are only open on weekdays. So I guess we'll have to call on Monday. But I NEED a washing machine!! DS has soccer 3 times a week and only one training suit...the kids both have PE twice a week. I need to be able to wash all the sweaty, gross clothes and towels!

Figgy1

Sympathy like! Stay warm!! I told DH we are having Groundhog stew for dinner and I'd check for a recipe with you, since you seem to have a giant cache of groundhog recipes. It's slick as snot here. It strarted snowing around noon and I don't think it's stopped yet, but it started with the really wet slushy carp that melted right away, then went to sleet by the time I took the kids back to school. But with all the wet snow that fell, the sidewalks are covered in slush and it is slippery!!
Sympathy like. As much as I hate snow it's better than ice. Be careful! We only got 2 inches and there was school YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can put Potter on while I get my work done.

Figgy1

Nope...they were supposed to call today and they haven't. Actually they were supposed to call already yesterday, but if they didn't make it yesterday, they would call today. It's almost 5:00 pm and no phone call yet. And we're heading to my in-laws as soon as DH is off work, so I won't be here this weekend to take the call if they call on the weekend, which they probably wouldn't because I think they are only open on weekdays. So I guess we'll have to call on Monday. But I NEED a washing machine!! DS has soccer 3 times a week and only one training suit...the kids both have PE twice a week. I need to be able to wash all the sweaty, gross clothes and towels!
:hungover: good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom