The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Sympathy like, groups can be tough with lots of personalities. Hopefully, everyone will at least be doing their fair share and quality work.
I'm most worried about this girl labeling me as the group slacker, which I am not, and trying to undermine me. I'm the only commuter in the group, and I don't think she gets the point of, "I am not driving 30 minutes each way on a weekend for a 30 minute meeting when I'm here five days a week. I will skype in when I'm not here." I'm also the only administration major. They're all communication majors. Which I'm sure they're going to love when we get to budgeting, but still.

My other favorite from today was when I told my group that I needed to go because I had asthma and was getting really desperate for my nebulizer, she says, "Oh I understand. I have a sinus infection." :bored: Really? Until you stop breathing completely and get taken to the emergency room via ambulance because you stopped breathing, don't judge. But I said nothing. I just smiled and left.

I need my "Let it Go" necklace. :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

I was alive in the late 40's , so I'm basically senile! Everyone lets me be on here, think of your lifespan on this thread!;):happy:
I'm gonna have to respectfully ask you to speak for yourself. I'm very much not ...., wait what was I starting to say? I do remember enough to know that the only thing you get from getting older is older! And a few minor discounts. Whoop!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm most worried about this girl labeling me as the group slacker, which I am not, and trying to undermine me. I'm the only commuter in the group, and I don't think she gets the point of, "I am not driving 30 minutes each way on a weekend for a 30 minute meeting when I'm here five days a week. I will skype in when I'm not here." I'm also the only administration major. They're all communication majors. Which I'm sure they're going to love when we get to budgeting, but still.

Not to worry--they'll all snap out of it once you "wow" them with your academic expertise. They won't know what hit them.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

My other favorite from today was when I told my group that I needed to go because I had asthma and was getting really desperate for my nebulizer, she says, "Oh I understand. I have a sinus infection." :bored: Really? Until you stop breathing completely and get taken to the emergency room via ambulance because you stopped breathing, don't judge. But I said nothing. I just smiled and left.

I need my "Let it Go" necklace. :hilarious:

Good luck she kind of does sound a little clueless.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Not to worry--they'll all snap out of it once you "wow" them with your academic expertise. They won't know what hit them.
:inlove:
233361-cat-hug-me.jpg

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I used to be 5' 3", now I 'm 5'0. Now, if I could find out how to lose the weight to correspond to a lower height, all would be great!
I hear ya. I'm 5'0 as well, but I'm also extremely curvy. Wouldn't so bad if I were taller. I'd rather be completely petite or taller. Nope, scratch that, I'd rather be taller. I like being strong with big lungs. Comes in handy for chorus.:happy:

I went jeans shopping recently and realized I probably am never going to drop a jeans size just because of the way my legs are shaped. I'd have to lose muscle mass in order to drop a few sizes, and that's not good either. :grumpy: So stuck I am.

Mrs. Piglet

I hear ya. I'm 5'0 as well, but I'm also extremely curvy. Wouldn't so bad if I were taller. I'd rather be completely petite or taller. Nope, scratch that, I'd rather be taller. I like being strong with big lungs. Comes in handy for chorus.:happy:

I went jeans shopping recently and realized I probably am never going to drop a jeans size just because of the way my legs are shaped. I'd have to lose muscle mass in order to drop a few sizes, and that's not good either. :grumpy: So stuck I am.
I am not stick thin petite. I am more squatty athletic petitie. Kind of like a gymnast. I actually love being short.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I am not stick thin petite. I am more squatty athletic petitie. Kind of like a gymnast. I actually love being short.
Gymnast I am not. I'm definitely not lean enough; I've got quite a chest.

We had to get measured for blazers for my chorus class. I don't normally wear blazers because in order to get them to fit around my chest, they are huge in the waist. This is basically how I felt afterward...

71051ed071becfdcc3b60422eaf6b5b8.jpg

Mrs. Piglet

Gymnast I am not. I'm definitely not lean enough; I've got quite a chest.

We had to get measured for blazers for my chorus class. I don't normally wear blazers because in order to get them to fit around my chest, they are huge in the waist. This is basically how I felt afterward...

71051ed071becfdcc3b60422eaf6b5b8.jpg
I also love singing, but have never done it in a choir or in public. I did play the flute in high school. I am definitely not a Gymnast. The most I can do is a Hand Stand, Cart Wheel, and Hand Spring.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I also love singing, but have never done it in a choir or in public. I did play the flute in high school.
Cool. I play piano. I used to play violin, but then had a problem with my left hand and gave it up in high school. I had hand surgery for a torn ligament and can play again. I also have started teaching myself viola. I took double music in middle school, orchestra and chorus, and discovered I had a set of pipes on me. Took chorus in middle school, gave it up for a while, took it again in high school, and now am taking it one last time in college. I was also in World of Color virtual honor choir (see the link in my signature).:)
I did play the flute in high school. I am definitely not a Gymnast. The most I can do is a Hand Stand, Cart Wheel, and Hand Spring.
I can't even do a somersault anymore...mostly because it hurt last time I tried...:cyclops:. I am a really strong swimmer (though admittedly not fast). I took ice skating in college last year. That was pretty fun. Although I had a lot of random bruises on a regular basis:joyfull:.

Mrs. Piglet

Cool. I play piano. I used to play violin, but then had a problem with my left hand and gave it up in high school. I had hand surgery for a torn ligament and can play again. I also have started teaching myself viola. I took double music in middle school, orchestra and chorus, and discovered I had a set of pipes on me. Took chorus in middle school, gave it up for a while, took it again in high school, and now am taking it one last time in college. I was also in World of Color virtual honor choir (see the link in my signature).:)

I can't even do a somersault anymore...mostly because it hurt last time I tried...:cyclops:. I am a really strong swimmer (though admittedly not fast). I took ice skating in college last year. That was pretty fun. Although I had a lot of random bruises on a regular basis:joyfull:.
I wouldn't say I play the flute that great. That is too bad you had to give up the violin. You must be really good to take your voice to the college level. I pretty much sing to the radio station and YouTube videos.

I also love swimming and have gone ice skating a few times, but i am a far expert from it.

BuddyThomas

Buddy, these are great pictures and thank you for posting them!! Midtown is such an exciting area. As for the Ziegfeld, I'm trying to figure out something. Is that the 1927 structure, or is it the newer 1969 building with the same name? I've been reading conflicting things, but I figure you're our expert on theater, so you would know what's the correct answer. :cool:
Sorry for the delay and thanks! I think this is the structure from the 60's. It was gorgeous inside and this is a real loss to NYC. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom