The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

might as well buy a heavy duty factory style?
The repairman said I need a Bosch or a Siemens, 8 kilo capacity...I found one for less than 600 Euros that I like...it's a bosch. So that's the one I'm going to aim for. I hate to do business with the store who sold us this crap machine that was not suitable for us, but we need to at least try to get some credit towards a new model since we shouldn't be having to buy a new one so soon after we replaced the old one. If they are jerks about it, we'll call the repairman and see what he can do for us and we'll spread it far and wide that the store where we bought this one sells shoddy junk and milks customers. I don't think it will come to that, though.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We've had rain on our warm days. Except for today. And I've had a horrible cold for days and can't even go outside for a walk to enjoy the weather because I'm too sick.:mad: Hopefully I'll be better Tuesday so maybe I can go for a 20 minute walk in between classes.

Hope you feel better soon. Worry about your breathing when you have colds like this, with you it is like a chain reaction often. :(

High winds again today, not as bad but still enough to make it feel cold not mild. High 50's but doesn't feel like it. :cautious: Tonight through tomorrow snow. 1-7 inches. Gotta love the ranges, one is normal the other is a traffic nightmare.

Figgy1

The repairman said I need a Bosch or a Siemens, 8 kilo capacity...I found one for less than 600 Euros that I like...it's a bosch. So that's the one I'm going to aim for. I hate to do business with the store who sold us this crap machine that was not suitable for us, but we need to at least try to get some credit towards a new model since we shouldn't be having to buy a new one so soon after we replaced the old one. If they are jerks about it, we'll call the repairman and see what he can do for us and we'll spread it far and wide that the store where we bought this one sells shoddy junk and milks customers. I don't think it will come to that, though.
What type of warranty is on the whirlpool?

Songbird76

Oy. I understood when they pulled some entertainment CMs out of Epcot, not that I liked it but I understood the business model they were trying to develop with Entertainment especially in the pretty stable World Showcase. Now the Studios not so much, it just strikes me as the 'wrong time' to take more out of the Studios. Is 'Writers' closing because it is in the path of the expansion?
I thought Writers already closed a few months back to make room for the new lands, but I could be wrong.

Figgy1

Hope you feel better soon. Worry about your breathing when you have colds like this, with you it is like a chain reaction often. :(

High winds again today, not as bad but still enough to make it feel cold not mild. High 50's but doesn't feel like it. :cautious: Tonight through tomorrow snow. 1-7 inches. Gotta love the ranges, one is normal the other is a traffic nightmare.
Sympathy like! are you in need of my slingshot or can you cod the snow to @MinnieM123?

Songbird76

What type of warranty is on the whirlpool?
We don't know yet. Hubby needs to call the store. Most factory warranties are only 2 year, which this was 2 years and 3 months, so would be JUST outside the 2 year limit. But then after that, the store usually has some sort of a warranty to partially cover major repairs that aren't normal wear and tear unless it's caused by misuse, which this is not. It wasn't a good machine for us, but it should have lasted longer than it did, and this is certainly not normal wear and tear...there must have been a manufacturer issue or something.

Figgy1

We don't know yet. Hubby needs to call the store. Most factory warranties are only 2 year, which this was 2 years and 3 months, so would be JUST outside the 2 year limit. But then after that, the store usually has some sort of a warranty to partially cover major repairs that aren't normal wear and tear unless it's caused by misuse, which this is not. It wasn't a good machine for us, but it should have lasted longer than it did, and this is certainly not normal wear and tear...there must have been a manufacturer issue or something.
Good luck

Gabe1

There are days I'm a little sad that college is coming to an end. Then there's days like today where I don't want to deal with the carp anymore.

My DD like you graduated early and has now been out over 2 years. It was bittersweet when she graduated and still feels that way, she genuinely loved her choice, the community and the education she was afforded. She really bonded with her University, even her dorm which was 100 years old and beyond beautiful. But academically she was so done.

Like you from the time she was a little tyke she was an over achiever and remained the same way throughout college. She has aspirations of going on for her masters and likely her doctorate but she still is not at the point where she can wrap her brain around returning to academics just yet. She set the highest standards for herself and just can't deal with all that quite yet.

donaldtoo

Blah! Just heard about the high school in Ohio. :mad: Both @donaldtoo and I have a long term Disney Acquaintance that lives there, is a police officer there and I'm thinking at least one high school student. I can't wrap my brain around the violence.

Oh my...who? From old site, I presume...?
Allergies hit me last night, so I took the day off and have been sleeping most of the day. This is the first I've heard of it, and, so far, have not seen anything on the major news channels...

Gabe1

waterpark

Figures. They'll give you a discount when one park is open???? And given the trouble they have had with the Wave Pool at one park and Blizzard continuing to shut down for both weather and operational problems to some or the whole park hardly the time for them to charge more. Crazy peeps. They have got to be in some big doodoo over Shanghai. jeepers.

Gabe1

HELP! I'm having an identity crisis. Over in the N & R sections I was called a "Person that thinks that no matter what decision Disney makes, I agree with" and in the same thread I was called a Gloom and Doomer. I am going crazy trying to figure out how I can be both at the same time. Perhaps I have a Jekyll and Hyde syndrome that I am unaware of.

Are you posting frankly again Sir? You know that gets you into trouble, you are not entitled to your own opinion without it being about 'you.'

I missed it, what thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom