The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Sympathy like! Ouch only 2 years old:eek: What brand is it?
Whirlpool. The repairman said this isn't a good machine for our family though. He said I need a Bosch or Siemens because with 2 kids, we do laundry pretty much every day, and the machine we have is great for a single person who only does a load a week, but not a family of 4. He'd never have sold a machine like this to our family because it isn't hefty enough. So we need to call the store where we bought it and see if we can trade up. If not, I know the repairman takes trade ins...I don't know how much we'd get for it, but I'm assuming the REST of the parts are fine, so we'd get something for it. I guess we'll just have to see. I'm just so angry that it's only 2 years old and I already need a new one.

Figgy1

Whirlpool. The repairman said this isn't a good machine for our family though. He said I need a Bosch or Siemens because with 2 kids, we do laundry pretty much every day, and the machine we have is great for a single person who only does a load a week, but not a family of 4. He'd never have sold a machine like this to our family because it isn't hefty enough. So we need to call the store where we bought it and see if we can trade up. If not, I know the repairman takes trade ins...I don't know how much we'd get for it, but I'm assuming the REST of the parts are fine, so we'd get something for it. I guess we'll just have to see. I'm just so angry that it's only 2 years old and I already need a new one.
Again I'm sorry. Our dishwasher and washer are both Bosch and knock wood work great and super efficient. they both get run on average almost twice a day.

Figgy1

My old one was a Bosch I think and I loved it and it ran for 7 years before we needed a new one. I'd love to have another Bosch. Siemens wouldn't be bad either, though...no more whirlpools thank you.
You're not the first person who I've heard say that about whirlpool on the last 5 or so years. They seem to have really gone down hill.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You're not the first person who I've heard say that about whirlpool on the last 5 or so years. They seem to have really gone down hill.

I've had good luck with Whirlpool. Now, the machines are just for myself and hubby, and we do about 3 loads of laundry once a week. The washer we've had for about 12 years, and the timer busted on us last year. Hubby was able to order a used one from a parts company, and he put it in. So it's now about 6 months and that's holding up so far. We have a portable dishwasher (not Whirlpool) and that's lasted over 17 years. We just rinse the dishes before we put them in, and only run that once a week as well. With two people, we don't use that many dishes, etc. Plus, I eat my main meal at work 5 days a week in the cafeteria, so that also cuts back on dishes at home.

Songbird76

I've had good luck with Whirlpool. Now, the machines are just for myself and hubby, and we do about 3 loads of laundry once a week. The washer we've had for about 12 years, and the timer busted on us last year. Hubby was able to order a used one from a parts company, and he put it in. So it's now about 6 months and that's holding up so far. We have a portable dishwasher (not Whirlpool) and that's lasted over 17 years. We just rinse the dishes before we put them in, and only run that once a week as well. With two people, we don't use that many dishes, etc. Plus, I eat my main meal at work 5 days a week in the cafeteria, so that also cuts back on dishes at home.
Yeah, that's the thing...with 2 kids, one of whom plays soccer 3 times a week, I do a LOT of laundry...with regular clothes and gym clothes and towels, bedding, etc...I do at least 2 loads per day most days. That's why the repairman says the model we have isn't sufficient. Boo.

betty rose

We've had rain on our warm days. Except for today. And I've had a horrible cold for days and can't even go outside for a walk to enjoy the weather because I'm too sick.:mad: Hopefully I'll be better Tuesday so maybe I can go for a 20 minute walk in between classes.
Get well, soon. So sorry you are sick. Lots of bugs going around this time of year.

betty rose

My old one was a Bosch I think and I loved it and it ran for 7 years before we needed a new one. I'd love to have another Bosch. Siemens wouldn't be bad either, though...no more whirlpools thank you.
We had a Whirlpool too. Ours didn't last long either. I didn't like that machine at all.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I'm so happy you're feeling better but why would you upset her routine. She just wants to make sure you're feeling better and keep a close eye on you to make sure you're getting better:)
She can keep an eye on me...but her food bowl goes downstairs so that I no longer have cat food all over my floor and cat barf on the (carpetted) floor. :hungover: She already gets to keep the litterbox in my bathroom.

Cesar R M

I think the world is conspiring against me in my efforts to save money for Disney. My washing machine broke on Wednesday or Thursday and the repairman came today and said it would cost me more to fix than a new machine would cost. And this machine is just barely 2 years old! He said a new machine should work perfectly for 5 years, so we have to see if there's a warranty on this one with the company we bought it from. At least I found the receipt. But last month the dishwasher broke, and the water heater had to be repaired, and now the newish washing machine that has to be replaced? GRRRRR!!!
thing are not built to last nowadays :(

Cesar R M

We must be really lucky, we have a bigwhirpool washing machine and also a dryer. No failures other than a simple lamp and one door alarm sensor. been working for 10 years with little issue normal to wear and tear (in our case the washing machine does bang a lot. The plastics used to keep the rotating thing (vertical type) are getting too soft)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think it's about 10 people that are going and rumor is when the rest of the studios stuff closes:(:(:(:(

Oy. I understood when they pulled some entertainment CMs out of Epcot, not that I liked it but I understood the business model they were trying to develop with Entertainment especially in the pretty stable World Showcase. Now the Studios not so much, it just strikes me as the 'wrong time' to take more out of the Studios. Is 'Writers' closing because it is in the path of the expansion?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Blah! Just heard about the high school in Ohio. :mad: Both @donaldtoo and I have a long term Disney Acquaintance that lives there, is a police officer there and I'm thinking at least one high school student. I can't wrap my brain around the violence.

Songbird76

We had a Whirlpool too. Ours didn't last long either. I didn't like that machine at all.
No, I haven't been happy with this machine at all. It's a no frills model and I really don't need a whole lot of bells and whistles at all, but this one is SOOOOOO basic. At the time, I was desperate...I just wanted A washer and I didn't really care what kind because hubby kept forgetting to call the repairman and then by the time he remembered, the guy was booked for several weeks. I did laundry by hand in the bathtub for about 6 weeks, taking towels and such to my in-laws' every weekend to catch up. I needed a new one and I needed it fast and hubby didn't want to pay much for one...we should have done more research first. This time I've already looked up what I want, based on the repairman's advice...he's really good about that. He taught me how to clean out the pump on the old one so I didn't have to pay him to do it every time, and with the dishwasher once, we called him and he came and looked and said nothing was broken, we just needed to clean the rubber stripping around where the door closes...basically told us how to avoid needing to pay a repairman. He's amazing. So I trust his advice totally on what I need to look for. I so wish we had bought from him instead of through an appliance store, but we didn't know he sold appliances as well as repairing them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom