The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Here's my post of the day
puss-e-cat-on-post.jpg
This includes the cat tax!

donaldtoo

I love Harry at Uni. I give them kudos, it was an awesome original build and has appealed to guests across so many age groups IMO better than the FLE has. The details and forced perspective remind me of what Cindy's Castle once was in that regard. I hope Disney
creates such an awesome land with Star Wars and doesn't start chopping away at the plans to make up for lost dollars overseas.

Yep, and so many imagineers from Disney, rightfully so, went to work for Uni. :cyclops:

Keep this on the down low, but, I love creatives and, mostly, detest bean counters. :cautious:
Sorry Roy O, you were good man, but, nothing in your life would have ever been as sweet as your brothers creativity, and you know you loved him for it...! ;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep, and so many imagineers from Disney, rightfully so, went to work for Uni. :cyclops:

Keep this on the down low, but, I love creatives and, mostly, detest bean counters. :cautious:
Sorry Roy O, you were good man, but, nothing in your life would have ever been as sweet as your brothers creativity, and you know you loved him for it...! ;)

I appreciated Roy's ability to give Walt a reality check. While Walt had a vivid and wild imagination the dude really did lost touch with reality. Walt was the creative genius, Roy had the wherewithal to be able to differentiate the possible vs hairbrained, over the top bad concepts.

Where I give Roy credit is his ability to tame Walt's original concepts and direct imagineers to revise the concepts into something physiable. Jungle Cruise, Walt's concept vs Roy/Imagineers. Amazing original concept but not at all a good working plan. End result after combined efforts a solid attraction for the 1950's. Walt's concept for EPCOT, well he needed an island and his own country to pull that off. Let alone his overall concept for all of WDW, he wanted to be the emperor vs a CEO. I give Walt some credit though. He did kinda build his own Government in the swamp land that lives on today, it continues to baffle me how that relatively small chunk of land in the big picture anyhow molds and shapes their own little empire of a government still in this millennium. I have a great deal of admiration for Roy, his loyality to his brother, his ability to talk the dude down off the cliff and still be able to implement a realistic attraction/park reflecting Walt's creative ideas.
Without Roy I highly doubt we would have near what we all enjoy today. Likely if everything was imagineered the way Walt wanted it he would have bankrupted Disneyland.

Gabe1

This has us rethinking 2017. We have APs for the UNI part of our trip my dh said we'll upgrade one of our tickets to an AP (parking, MM and one day next year pay for that) but we'll decide during our trip how much time will be spent at each place and it may or may not be more time at UNI than Disney.:(

Wise. You'll get a good handle on the shape of the Disney Parks this summer. Who really knows when Avatar will open, FLE they just kept pushing off more and more. It took them forever and a day to get Snow closed and turned into a meet and greet. Now with funds being tightened throughout DL & WDW, park hours cut, staff downsizing many are looking to Uni as a viable alternative to Disney World during its rehab era. I just look at how long the hub took and that didn't even involve a build of an attraction.

I just watched the news and they reported on the price increases for tiered pricing stating it was to force a more even distribution of guests during the entire year. (Ha!) All theme parks will always have busy seasons due to school years for children and educators schedules.
What I found disturbing though about the story was the timeline. They stated that the high to low season pricing tiers for tickets would only be released 8 to 11 months in advance. So many guests plan their trips more than a year out. I'd have to say the news report was accurate as it was ABC owned by Disney.

Me<-------A bad time to deliver higher prices, shorter hours, cut staffing etc., while several parks are renovating or in need of help and updating all the while guests are starting to split their time between Disney and Uni. To me it is a head scratcher to be only looking at the short term financials while not taking into account the long term loss to their competitors. Most fans I've seen that have gone to Uni-Orlando continue to do so thereafter. They seem to be loosing a chunk of their guests that land on property and never leave. Even my friends that have DVC either visit Uni before or after their trips or lodge at Disney and day visit Uni.

Gabe1

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, and we've had some doozies of winter storms up here through the years.

It was a weird storm. We got the snow that was predicted but the majority melted as it hit the ground in our area, what stuck was a heavy icy snow. The winds were so strong that it was knocking power, phones and cable out. Best I can figure it blew and caught into the black lampshades and because they are metal and far from warmer ground when the wind blew it in there it just froze in to the shades as snow cone ice.

It did the same thing to cars, trees and buildings. Anything that was in the direct path of the wind got the snow cone ice snow stuck to it. My DD car had snow ice slammed and stuck to it on one side. Still it didn't stick to the rest of the car. Strange storm but we overall lucked out vs other areas of the state and Indiana.

Gabe1

For a 14 day pass (for 2 ) is £666.73 for next October when buying a package through Virgin Holidays. Will see if it increases over the next couple of days.
Thats about £24 a day pp ( $34 ) :D:D:D

A Disney acquaintance of mine works for Virgin in the UK. He can vacation at Disney for 3 weeks for what most can for about 10 days. Nice break for those coming from overseas. I understand Brazil is similar as is Asia to Auliani. North America seems to fork out the highest overall rack rates. An interesting concept.

Gabe1

I don't like the front loader...it was so much handier to have the top loader so while it was filling, if I found a sock under someone's bed, or whatever, I could just add it. Or if it started making a weird noise in the spin cycle, I could go redistribute the stuff inside so the weight was even everywhere. I can't do that with the front loader. Plus, I don't have to bend over so far with a top loader. My front loader is too low to the ground. I miss having a top loader, but they don't make them like that here.

Our front loaders are usually on a raised mount drawer unit. Nicer on back.

Gabe1

Random EPCOT after the 5K... :)

Italy pavilion...

View attachment 132529
View attachment 132530

All of us, and the DDs workout buddy from Orlando that we met up with... :)

View attachment 132532

More random EPCOT day shots, before we went back to the resort to chill for a bit, then go back that evening... :)

View attachment 132534
View attachment 132536
View attachment 132537
View attachment 132538
View attachment 132540
View attachment 132541
View attachment 132542

This photo is beyond beautiful
image-jpeg.132521

And who forgot to tell the DS that the color T-Shirt of the Day was to be Gray?

image-jpeg.132540

Gabe1

My sister had mini dachshunds that had a lot of allergies but carrots were one of the main foods they could eat.

When my Pups were all shedding their puppy teeth I'd buy those huge carrots, they made great teething rings. They didn't eat most of it, more just kept gnawing and shredding to cut their adult teeth. They loved them.

Figgy1

Okay, out for me today. I've overstayed my welcome. Have a great evening all. I hope to be back on with a more positive attitude, if not; I'll be reading tomorrow, and not posting. I don't like anything tonight, just too many days of this virus! Maybe, a Sunday in bed is just what I need. ;) Getting off, to hit myself in the head, a few dozen times. At least , I hope to get a good night's sleep!:D
You have never not once over stayed your welcome:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom