The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Years ago I lived on Ramen Noodles - couldn't afford much else. Would cook them up in plain water then drain. Add the seasoning packet with a couple tablespoons of butter and mix... I was in heaven. Then there was the old Minute Rice reconsituted with Campbell's Cream of (insert your favorite flavor) Soup.
Thank God - life has changed!
-T

Probably, most of us had times in our lives when Ramen Noodles took center stage for dinner. I know I ate many packages of those (I used to get them 10 for a dollar at one store!!). Funny thing, I still keep a few packages of them in the cupboard; they come in handy in a pinch! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have never replaced a battery before it went out. They're not gone 'til they won't turn the engine over enough to start it anymore. Plus, if the vehicle has been sitting it may be perfectly fine, but, just need a charge. Use it 'til it's gone.
Also, when one of ours is dead, the things I check first are the inexpensive stuff...loose cable, corroded terminal, etc., then work up from there.
It also helps that I have a meter, so I can test for a bad battery, alternator, etc.

O.k. Not that I know anything about car batteries, but up here in the cold winter Northeast, the cold can wreak havoc on an older battery. AAA gets tons of calls for dead batteries in winter. So we tend to replace them probably quicker than down in the warmer Southern states, as a preventative measure. The last thing you want is to be stuck somewhere in zero degree weather, with the wind howling outside; and the car won't start (providing it's not the alternator, which is far less common). Through the years, I've had both things happen to me. :jawdrop:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And we're back over the border.
No problem at Customs, even though we were over our exemption limit. Again.

My philosophy is to simply tell the truth; and if you have to fork over 20 or 30 bucks in Duty, so be it.

Reminds me of a funny experience as a kid. My aunt and my mother (an unwilling accomplice) smuggled over my aunt's expensive, English bone china set (12 full place settings, serving pieces, etc.), bought in Canada, from the border crossing, from New Brunswick to Maine. I was about 5 yrs. old at the time, and my sister, and 2 brothers were with us.

My aunt didn't want to have to pay duty or get busted on the items that took her way over the amount allowed. Anyway, she drove this huge, ol' Chrysler, and was hiding china all over that car! :eek: The 4 of us kids were in the back seat, (enjoying the show . . .) and she then put boxes of place settings on the floor underneath our feet, and threw blankets on top of the boxes to hide them. o_O :rolleyes: Then, the classic: we were instructed to "act normal" and pretend we didn't have all this china in the car! Imagine, telling 4 children to "act normal", not look at our feet, and not raise any suspicion with an American border guard?! :confused: :p

I remember all this like it was yesterday. The border guard walked around the car a few times, looking in the back passenger windows (as kids, we were motionless, doing what we thought "looked" normal . . .). The guard had my aunt open the trunk, where she readily showed him the china in there, (that amount of china was within duty limits--of course :D). He then circled the car a few more times, knowing full well something was up, but he finally let her go. I think it was only because of 4 children being in the car, that he chose not to pursue it further.

Needless to say, my mother was positively mortified that this ever took place; but as kids, we thought it was the Great Adventure!!!!!!!!!! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

MOXOMUMD

I'm watching Polar Express (one of my ultimate favorite movies) and wishing I was at Sea World. We were there on Christmas Eve when my daughter was two and I have such great memories of her being tickled pink at all the presents that were bigger than her in the Polar Express attraction and her being in awe at meeting Santa there. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom