The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Orion launch has been canceled. They are going to try again tomorrow.

Heard they're trying for 7:05 AM again on Friday. I also heard that the weather will be somewhat iffy again. Oh well, I'll be heading for the bus at that time, so I'll miss it anyway. I do hope that some of you get to see it. I love watching things like that "live" -- it's just not the same when you watch it on the evening news after the fact. :(

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
How about a chocolate badger...? o_O

Chocolate-Easter-animals-002.jpg

;) :)

Alrighty, I'm out...
Have a good'n, gang...!
Laterrrrrrr...!!! :)

I watched a video this morning where badgers were harassing a group of zebras, getting them to back off and dance around. Thought went to Animal Kingdom where they cannot get that group of zebras to behave at the parks or the resorts.

Maybe Disney should put a couple badgers in their areas and maybe they will stop beating the snots out of each other???

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Update:

So the professor called me back. Acted very innocent. "I didn't know I hit your car! I saw you there, but I didn't know I hit it!"

Um, okay. Either
1. You are such a bad driver that you were totally unaware you hit someone.
2. You know you hit me but thought, "This tiny little student isn't going to do anything" and just didn't bother.

Either one is possible.

Ugh.

She can't hide behind that academic title. Her unacceptable behavior indicates a scumbag.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Never struggle again:
View attachment 75742
You're welcome. :)

I remember learning the finer points of setting an elegant table. A few times a year, my mother would entertain guests with a formal dinner party, and we'd take out the fine china, crystal, silverware, and linens, and really put on the dog! ;)

Nowadays, I'd struggle without your dandy diagram, as quite often a "setting" consists of a microwavable bowl, a few utensils and a plastic cup! :rolleyes:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
So ... I really want some chocolate.
Hubby's at basketball. Son #1 has my car.
And the only chocolate in the house are four of those big-a$$ Toblerone bars; which are supposed to be Christmas gifts.

Meant to buy five, so I was one short anyway.
We all know how this story ends ....

Gabe1

She can't hide behind that academic title. Her unacceptable behavior indicates a scumbag.

I could not have said that better! Kudos.

I witnessed the same thing outside the dry cleaners on Saturday in a tight narrow parking lot. A senior guy trying to park his mega tank of SUV. Going slowly he scraped a ladies car. He didn't stop pulling in, he just scratched up the whole side of the car, didn't look back and went in. They came out at the same time and each went to their cars, her to her trunk. I got out and told her. The dude got out and said I was not telling the truth, he wouldn't exchange info, I told her to call police and he got in SUV and left. I took photo's of his front bumper, him pulling away and his plate number. Some of these real old folk don't comprehend the power of an iPhone.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I could not have said that better! Kudos.

I witnessed the same thing outside the dry cleaners on Saturday in a tight narrow parking lot. A senior guy trying to park his mega tank of SUV. Going slowly he scraped a ladies car. He didn't stop pulling in, he just scratched up the whole side of the car, didn't look back and went in. They came out at the same time and each went to their cars, her to her trunk. I got out and told her. The dude got out and said I was not telling the truth, he wouldn't exchange info, I told her to call police and he got in SUV and left. I took photo's of his front bumper, him pulling away and his plate number. Some of these real old folk don't comprehend the power of an iPhone.

I hear about these stories from time to time, and ask myself, don't people have scruples anymore?! How would they like it if someone did damage to their car and just took off?

Gabe1

I remember learning the finer points of setting an elegant table. A few times a year, my mother would entertain guests with a formal dinner party, and we'd take out the fine china, crystal, silverware, and linens, and really put on the dog! ;)

Nowadays, I'd struggle without your dandy diagram, as quite often a "setting" consists of a microwavable bowl, a few utensils and a plastic cup! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember those days. My Sis and I had to attend finishing classes. :cautious: I have a full set of China, Silver, crystal glasses packed up in boxes except some of the crystal wine glasses and tumbler water glasses. I have never used the China or Silver my Mom knew I'd need. Ha! I'm a Chinette kinda gal.

FutureCEO

Really enjoying Peter Pan Live! so far. I'm interested to see how Christopher Walken does as Captain Hook.

I just turned it on to look at it. The Darling kids are annoying. I never understood why Peter Pan was always played by a girl even with the supposedly high pitched voice.

OSUgirl77

Yeah, I remember those days. My Sis and I had to attend finishing classes. :cautious: I have a full set of China, Silver, crystal glasses packed up in boxes except some of the crystal wine glasses and tumbler water glasses. I have never used the China or Silver my Mom knew I'd need. Ha! I'm a Chinette kinda gal.
Everyone insisted I needed to register for china and crystal for my wedding. Never opened any of it, and ended up selling it all on eBay. I am, however, kind of obsessed with my Fiestaware. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

O.k. Is everyone sitting down for this one? :p My mother actually sent me to Charm School classes!! :eek: :D I was about 10 years old at the time, and a local dept. store was offering 8 classes in etiquette, and how to act refined.

Somehow, I think I think I desperately need the refresher course :eek: , but the store is out of business now. o_O

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Everyone insisted I needed to register for china and crystal for my wedding. Never opened any of it, and ended up selling it all on eBay. I am, however, kind of obsessed with my Fiestaware. :)

I understand all the above completely.

The only fine china (Lenox) that I use once a year, is my Christmas "holiday" pattern with the gold rims, and a subtle holly design. I have a decent sized set of that, and enjoy using it for Christmas. I have a pretty Lenox holiday tablecloth and napkins, that go with it. So, once a year . . . :cat:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom