The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Score!

You know how Amazon has been doing these hourly deals? Got Maleficent on Blue Ray/DVD combo pack for $10. AND it was free. I signed up for Bing Rewards a while ago. I had never redeemed any points. I had enough points built up for three $5 Amazon.com gift cards. I use Bing all the time and had just built up a lot of points. So I applied the gift cards and the movie was free.

I win.

StarWarsGirl

mehhhh. I hate teaser trailers to begin with and since the movie is 13 months away, it doesn't really do anything for me except I don't like the cross lightsaber.
10426259_669360533163052_5035619561163822285_n.jpg

donaldtoo

The slow-cooked pork is by far the best thing on the menu.

I have a rule about steaks: if there are other kinds of dishes and then one strip steak on the menu, order something else.

BOG is, IMO, by FAR the best TS in MK. I've never done lunch there. Lunch menu does not appeal to me.

Unfortunate. You'd think they'd at least have a coupla' decent steaks on the dinner menu. Other than some awesome appetizer involving bacon, I'm not thinkin' pork when I go out to a dinner like that. I'm thinkin' steak and seafood, in that order.
As I posted, all the other dishes were enjoyed, but, nothing really stood out.
And the dessert cupcakes were mediocre, at best.
Other than the atmosphere and some fun with beast (which is really what the place is all about, anyway), we're not in any rush to get back.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
That's exactly my issue with them! Too many lumps. Even when my mom insists that hers are not lumpy, every time I try them there are lumps. My grandfather says the same thing.

Stick blender instead of potato masher. Goodbye to lumps, hello to awesomeness. Mind bending awesomeness (like a sith lightsaber with a laser claymore).

BTW, have now watched that trailer 5x and read more articles on it than anything else I've read in many years. 13 months of excitement building...

donaldtoo

The day was horrible. The ex showed up extremely late (and had already drank half a bottle of Crown Royal) then decided he was grilling the 16 lb turkey. He forgot to tell me to start making the other fixins before the turkey was done (because he finished the bottle of CR) so at 9 pm we had the turkey, a can of green beans and microwaved potatoes. Never again.

Yow. Sympathy "like".

StarWarsGirl

Unfortunate. You'd think they'd at least have a coupla' decent steaks on the dinner menu. Other than some awesome appetizer involving bacon, I'm not thinkin' pork when I go out to a dinner like that. I'm thinkin' steak and seafood, in that order.
Other than the atmosphere and some fun with beast (which is really what the place is all about, anyway), we're not in any rush to get back.
We go back every trip. Next trip, we will be going back twice. There just are not that many decent options within MK, and especially in winter when there are limited hours, we don't want to leave to go to the resorts. They revamp the menu periodically, so I believe they'll continue improving it.

As far as the desserts go, that really doesn't bother us. Half the time, no one gets dessert. We prefer fabulous appetizers, which is what BOG has. Usually we get dessert later. And usually dessert is a pastry. Or key lime pie from Beach Club Marketplace for me.

donaldtoo

We go back every trip. Next trip, we will be going back twice. There just are not that many decent options within MK, and especially in winter when there are limited hours, we don't want to leave to go to the resorts. They revamp the menu periodically, so I believe they'll continue improving it.

As far as the desserts go, that really doesn't bother us. Half the time, no one gets dessert. We prefer fabulous appetizers, which is what BOG has. Usually we get dessert later. And usually dessert is a pastry. Or key lime pie from Beach Club Marketplace for me.

Yep, different strokes for different folks. We were just not impressed.
On the other hand, T-Rex gets panned all the time, and they still have one of my all-time favorite meals on WDW property. The Triassic Trio.
Bay scallops in a cheesy sauce, grilled shrimp skewers, and steak...

image.jpg

StarWarsGirl

On the other hand, T-Rex gets panned all the time, and they still have one of my all-time favorite meals on WDW property. The Triassic Trio.

View attachment 75299
Looks yummy. I had to cut shrimp from my diet last year (it's a migraine trigger), and I miss it so much. Scallops are good though. We went to Phillips at the Inner Harbor last week and I had scallops. So good.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The day was horrible. The ex showed up extremely late (and had already drank half a bottle of Crown Royal) then decided he was grilling the 16 lb turkey. He forgot to tell me to start making the other fixins before the turkey was done (because he finished the bottle of CR) so at 9 pm we had the turkey, a can of green beans and microwaved potatoes. Never again.

Well I can't like that post. I'm Sorry. :( Even more sorry for your little Pumpkin. :cry:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
What I have learned from Black Friday:

They make computers that are designed like Borg Cubes

Almost bought one of these last year when our desktop started to die. Decided to go with a new MacBook and keep the desktop on life support to do the few tasks we need it for. I really wanted a Borg machine, though...

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member

You are a great mom! I know it was your daughter's idea and you went along wih it! I give you a lot of credit!!! :)

Gabe1

I wanted to go. I'm alright going back or not!

I think they've changed up the menu multiple times already and replaced some items that they were having problems getting right, I believe the steak sandwich was one of them. Can't wait to see what they do for breakfast come March.

Gabe1

View attachment 75299

That looks good. I think I'd rather have the steak minus the egg and the scallops minus the cheese. I love pan fried scallops that get that nice brown crust. Slurp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom