The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Sounds better than my Saturday. I spent the day reading a short story and writing a journal entry about it (which wasn't that bad). Then, I had to read about the Roman conquest of the Iberian Peninsula, in Spanish. Then I got bored and distracted and somehow ended up reading about ancient Spartan wedding traditions. After being thoroughly disturbed about that, I then went to do problems for Finance, which is definitely not the most exciting thing in the world. Then one of my favorite Big Bang Theory episodes came on, so I ended up watching that, and then my mom and I ended up watching Golden Girls until 1 am. Would have been a good day minus the homework and reading about ancient Spartan wedding rituals which I think will now give me nightmares.
You can at least be happy that you aren't an ancient Spartan. ;)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
The last part of your day sounds good, and as much as I like history reading about Roman conquests isn't my cup of tea. Unless maybe it is about the Roman conquest of food and I get to eat the Italian food.
The next Spanish course had to be a history course, which is good because I need one more history class to fulfill a gen ed requirement. The two choices were the History of Latin America or the History of Spain. In spite of warnings from another student in my Spanish class last semester, I took Spain because I could tell the professors of both courses are native speakers, and I have no trouble with Castillian accents (given that's the accent I use), but sometimes have trouble with certain accents from Latin America, so I chose the class with the professor I knew I could understand. The professor is great, but that other student was right about some of the material being drudgery.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I pity companies in a few year wanting people to do simple math problems and they get something that looks like this.

common-core-math.png
Except at this point, when everyone has a calculator on their phone, no one is going to do math by hand.

When my brother brings home common core math, I show him how to do it the right way and fill out the common core stuff without actually doing common core math

donaldtoo

OK, picking up where I left off yesterday...

After Pat O'Brien's, we headed to Acme Oyster House for lunch...

image.jpg

While we were outside waiting for a table, some guys from Ottawa, Canada that had a table up front, came outside for a smoke. We all struck up a conversation. Cool dudes. At one point they started singing. When we were called for our table, we said our goodbyes and told each other to enjoy the rest of our trips.
At one point DWifey went to talk to the manager about the staff possibly singing Happy Birthday to youngest DD. He said they don't do that when they're that busy, because they can't spare the staff, but, he thought he knew some guys that would.
So, guess who ended up at our table singing Happy Biirthday to youngest DD...?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Yep, the guys from Ottawa...!!! :joyfull:

DD was also given a complimentary b-day oyster shot by the other party at our long table. DD does NOT do oysters. I wish I had thought to take a pic or video of her tryin' to politely choke that thing down...it was pretty hilarious...! :hilarious:

Everyone else had Po Boys (chicken, turkey, shrimp, and crawfish), and I had half a dozen charbroiled oysters, and half a dozen raw oysters.
Again, all awesome...! :hungry:

My oysters...

image.jpg
image.jpg

Cesar R M

DD and I just watched Princess and the Frog this afternoon after my choreography rehearsal for choir. Looks like you had a great day, though!!
mmmmmm....cheese popcorn. Another delicious treat that doesn't exist here!!
I would be excited about the bands, too..but I found out that if you don't live in the US, you don't get magic bands until your arrival at the resort. I won't get to decorate them. :(
You actually can order of the color you want and buy premade decorations.
Theres even a company in the UK that does high quality *stickers* for magic bands.

Cesar R M

Well, the woman, on their wedding day, the morning of their wedding, would shave their heads, and then during the wedding, they would dress up as men. Historians think it was to curb homosexual tendencies in men. I also read a bit about, ahem, consecrating the marriage. That I will not share. Something about it appeared on my Facebook news feed, and rather than letting it go, I decided to figure out if it was true or not. When I was done, I was a bit like,
th

The one thing I learned that left me less disturbed, more intrigued, was that the men were usually soldiers and they were required to live in barracks until age 30, so men who were under 30 and married either would sneak out to see their wives or they might not see them for years and years.
I think its the opposite?
I read that the Spartans were pretty gay and used to M/M relationships because they joined the ranks of military very early.. and they had a "protegee" (aka older male soldier) that was with the kid until he grew up.
To dont scare the male young adults when they reached of age.. the women dressed as males to slowly make their "transition" as husband and wife.

Cesar R M

Can someone tell me what is so great about grits? I guess it depends what you have it with because at Disney it was good with the shrimp and bland for breakfast in DC.
well, in POR's boatwright.. it was creamy combination, with bacon and shrimp and jam bits.
And I love creams.. I'm pretty sure that grits arent that good by themselves.

Here in most restaurants, the grits base is used very finely (powder) to make the soups have "consistency" of cream and not watery.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK, picking up where I left off yesterday...

After Pat O'Brien's, we headed to Acme Oyster House for lunch...

View attachment 111257

While we were outside waiting for a table, some guys from Ottawa, Canada that had a table up front, came outside for a smoke. We all struck up a conversation. Cool dudes. At one point they started singing. When we were called for our table, we said our goodbyes and told each other to enjoy the rest of our trips.
At one point DWifey went to talk to the manager about the staff possibly singing Happy Birthday to youngest DD. He said they don't do that when they're that busy, because they can't spare the staff, but, he thought he knew some guys that would.
So, guess who ended up at our table singing Happy Biirthday to youngest DD...?

View attachment 111262
View attachment 111263

Yep, the guys from Ottawa...!!! :joyfull:

DD was also given a complimentary b-day oyster shot by the other party at our long table. DD does NOT do oysters. I wish I had thought to take a pic or video of her tryin' to politely choke that thing down...it was pretty hilarious...! :hilarious:

Everyone else had Po Boys (chicken, turkey, shrimp, and crawfish), and I had half a dozen charbroiled oysters, and half a dozen raw oysters.
Again, all awesome...! :hungry:

My oysters...

View attachment 111264
View attachment 111265

Oh, what a lovely, quiet and serene place to dine . . . :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I think its the opposite?
I read that the Spartans were pretty gay and used to M/M relationships because they joined the ranks of military very early.. and they had a "protegee" (aka older male soldier) that was with the kid until he grew up.
To dont scare the male young adults when they reached of age.. the women dressed as males to slowly make their "transition" as husband and wife.
No, that is what I said.

Still, it's weird and as a woman...just, no.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Looks like Mickey & Friends will no longer be seen wearing Star Wars costumes.
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/...-will-no-longer-dress-as-star-wars-characters

I can't figure out why they would not want the traditional Disney characters to dress in Star Wars costumes--it's fun, and people like it--at least I do. Down through the years, Mickey and the gang have worn all kinds of costumes and no one has objected. I just don't get the "logic" behind this Star Wars costume thing . . . :confused:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom