The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Here's a little recap of my Saturday, not as fun as @donaldtoo 's in NOLA.

The dog and I drove to get some groceries. Including breakfast of a small latte, croissant, and a cream filled donut. We enjoyed breakfast at home on the porch. Also picked up Princess and the Frog (I don't know why I didn't own this sooner.) The dog behaved in the drive-thru again, I bought her a dog toy in anticipation of her being good, she enjoyed it by tearing it to shreds later in the day.
View attachment 111239

Then a friend called and asked if I want to go to a beer and food festival that was a fund raiser for the local Human Society at a restaurant near a river (and it is sunny and 70 degrees out). Beer? Food? Kindness for animals? I'm IN!!! In like Flynn! Here is a sample of my plate. (Blueberry BBQ pork slider, hot pretzel w/ beer cheese, beef stew, and lemongrass rice and pork with a very dark beer)
View attachment 111240

By the time I get home hubby is home from his Chicago trip to see a Cubs game with his nephew. He also came home without Garrett's popcorn, which has the best cheese popcorn on earth! He claimed it was raining and didn't want to get caught in a storm. I think he owes me popcorn. But he did stop in the Wisconsin Dells on his way home and bought me a Flynn Rider doll (as a joke, and because I love Flynn) at the Disney Store Outlet. Cute, but I would rather have the popcorn.

View attachment 111242

And my final highlight....our passholder magic bands came in the mail. In individual boxes, mine is shown. Hubby still doesn't know about the surprise trip in November, so when I asked him if he was excited to have our bands he just responded "yeah, but we don't need them until June." Hehehehe! We need them sooner. He just puts it down to my Disney geekiness and my supposed restlessness of trying to decide on a color!
View attachment 111241
DD and I just watched Princess and the Frog this afternoon after my choreography rehearsal for choir. Looks like you had a great day, though!!
mmmmmm....cheese popcorn. Another delicious treat that doesn't exist here!!
I would be excited about the bands, too..but I found out that if you don't live in the US, you don't get magic bands until your arrival at the resort. I won't get to decorate them. :(

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Here's a little recap of my Saturday, not as fun as @donaldtoo 's in NOLA.

The dog and I drove to get some groceries. Including breakfast of a small latte, croissant, and a cream filled donut. We enjoyed breakfast at home on the porch. Also picked up Princess and the Frog (I don't know why I didn't own this sooner.) The dog behaved in the drive-thru again, I bought her a dog toy in anticipation of her being good, she enjoyed it by tearing it to shreds later in the day.
View attachment 111239

Then a friend called and asked if I want to go to a beer and food festival that was a fund raiser for the local Human Society at a restaurant near a river (and it is sunny and 70 degrees out). Beer? Food? Kindness for animals? I'm IN!!! In like Flynn! Here is a sample of my plate. (Blueberry BBQ pork slider, hot pretzel w/ beer cheese, beef stew, and lemongrass rice and pork with a very dark beer)
View attachment 111240

By the time I get home hubby is home from his Chicago trip to see a Cubs game with his nephew. He also came home without Garrett's popcorn, which has the best cheese popcorn on earth! He claimed it was raining and didn't want to get caught in a storm. I think he owes me popcorn. But he did stop in the Wisconsin Dells on his way home and bought me a Flynn Rider doll (as a joke, and because I love Flynn) at the Disney Store Outlet. Cute, but I would rather have the popcorn.

View attachment 111242

And my final highlight....our passholder magic bands came in the mail. In individual boxes, mine is shown. Hubby still doesn't know about the surprise trip in November, so when I asked him if he was excited to have our bands he just responded "yeah, but we don't need them until June." Hehehehe! We need them sooner. He just puts it down to my Disney geekiness and my supposed restlessness of trying to decide on a color!
View attachment 111241
Sounds better than my Saturday. I spent the day reading a short story and writing a journal entry about it (which wasn't that bad). Then, I had to read about the Roman conquest of the Iberian Peninsula, in Spanish. Then I got bored and distracted and somehow ended up reading about ancient Spartan wedding traditions. After being thoroughly disturbed about that, I then went to do problems for Finance, which is definitely not the most exciting thing in the world. Then one of my favorite Big Bang Theory episodes came on, so I ended up watching that, and then my mom and I ended up watching Golden Girls until 1 am. Would have been a good day minus the homework and reading about ancient Spartan wedding rituals which I think will now give me nightmares.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Sounds better than my Saturday. I spent the day reading a short story and writing a journal entry about it (which wasn't that bad). Then, I had to read about the Roman conquest of the Iberian Peninsula, in Spanish. Then I got bored and distracted and somehow ended up reading about ancient Spartan wedding traditions. After being thoroughly disturbed about that, I then went to do problems for Finance, which is definitely not the most exciting thing in the world. Then one of my favorite Big Bang Theory episodes came on, so I ended up watching that, and then my mom and I ended up watching Golden Girls until 1 am. Would have been a good day minus the homework and reading about ancient Spartan wedding rituals which I think will now give me nightmares.

The last part of your day sounds good, and as much as I like history reading about Roman conquests isn't my cup of tea. Unless maybe it is about the Roman conquest of food and I get to eat the Italian food.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So funny. You can say something none of us else can!;)

In the end I blamed the oversleep on the dog. Which is kind of true, I was awake and going to get up and then she snuggled in clearly not wanting to get up so I fell asleep. The "pastor" isn't mad, I am making him enchiladas verdes and garlic rice for dinner. He is happy about that. And jealous that the dog snuggled me and not him.

betty rose

DD and I just watched Princess and the Frog this afternoon after my choreography rehearsal for choir. Looks like you had a great day, though!!
I would be excited about the bands, too..but I found out that if you don't live in the US, you don't get magic bands until your arrival at the resort. I won't get to decorate them. :(
Have you seen the magic band skins? They peel and stick on. Lots of kinds, DD got some and got many compliments on them. There is also the things sold at DW. I don't decorate mine, I like them just the way they are.;) @Songbird76 another poke! Hope you like them!;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

That's too bad about not being able to personalize your magic bands before arrival. Maybe you could bring some stickers with you to personalize them. I've also heard about a site magicyourband.com in which you can make customized skins for the bands. It looks pretty cool, I'm thinking about doing that for our June trip.

And I'm really sad for you that you can't get cheese popcorn by you, but I really only like the Garrett's popcorn in Chicago. I've tried other cheese popcorns and they just don't taste good. It is really the only reason why I go along with visits to the in-laws that live in Illinois because then we can get popcorn! I know I can order it online but my waistline doesn't need that!

betty rose

Can you share about the Spartan wedding traditions? I'm curious as to why they were disturbing. If the answer is not appropriate, I'll understand.

Cesar R M

betty rose

In the end I blamed the oversleep on the dog. Which is kind of true, I was awake and going to get up and then she snuggled in clearly not wanting to get up so I fell asleep. The "pastor" isn't mad, I am making him enchiladas verdes and garlic rice for dinner. He is happy about that. And jealous that the dog snuggled me and not him.
Good for you and her, every one needs sleep. When you haven't had enough, your body will let you know by sleeping late. I did that this morning too. I slept over two hours. I'm supposed to be getting up at 4:30, (to get ready for the time change in Disney). Didn't make it up until 6:30.

Cesar R M

12039297_975468775853954_6898062576488415579_n.jpg
When the person in question is on a diet.. perhaps it is not appropiate heh!

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Can you share about the Spartan wedding traditions? I'm curious as to why they were disturbing. If the answer is not appropriate, I'll understand.
Well, the woman, on their wedding day, the morning of their wedding, would shave their heads, and then during the wedding, they would dress up as men. Historians think it was to curb homosexual tendencies in men. I also read a bit about, ahem, consecrating the marriage. That I will not share. Something about it appeared on my Facebook news feed, and rather than letting it go, I decided to figure out if it was true or not. When I was done, I was a bit like,
th

The one thing I learned that left me less disturbed, more intrigued, was that the men were usually soldiers and they were required to live in barracks until age 30, so men who were under 30 and married either would sneak out to see their wives or they might not see them for years and years.

FutureCEO

I pity companies in a few year wanting people to do simple math problems and they get something that looks like this.

common-core-math.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom