The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Since schools are mostly computerized I thought this was interesting. I really think schools should keep doing handwriting. Granted my handwriting is no better but I have an excuse (my writing hand is my surgery hand is gets tired quick ..ie. filling out an hourly application). But the people I deal with everyday, I'm not sure they can write. Or sign their name. Under the signature field....is usually a little scribble or a line pretending to be a name.

Sorry teachers out there but I really think schools are trying to make us dumb. with the math and so on.

Nothing as Texas...bad awfully bad stories from there lately including a dress code that requires everyone to wear just solid colors.

596427-24011-40.jpg

Another fan of handwriting here. :) (Back in school, we were taught the Palmer method of penmanship. When was the last time anyone heard that term, penmanship? o_O )

Things do change and evolve over the years, and I can understand that more emphasis is now placed upon computer-related, keyboard learning. However, penmanship will always have a place in our current world. (And if there's a power failure and the computers go dark, it's always nice to know that I can still write sentences with a pen and paper. ;) )

As for the Texas wardrobe references, I'm unfamiliar with any stories along those lines. What I can share is that when I was in parochial school, we all had to wear dark, solid-color uniforms that were ugly, so nothing new there--tonal school dress codes (actual uniforms, or other--as in the case of some charter schools now) have been around for years. Hated it back in the day, and not a fan of it now either.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@donaldtoo , love the pix from New Orleans, and glad that your daughter had such a fun birthday! (I really liked that picture of the wedding party being serenaded by the musicians, going down the street.) It seems like you're always celebrating something or other, and we enjoy the fact that you invite us all along! :happy:

The party atmosphere street scenes reminded me of when I worked for a hotel company, and they had a hotel right in the Quarter. Oh, the stories we'd hear about the activities inside and outside the hotel . . . :eek: Of course the craziest times would be for Mardi Gras. The hotels that had those iron poles leading up to the balconies in that area would send out a crew to apply grease to the poles, so that the inebriated party revelers could not climb up the poles to the balconies, from the street. :p

Songbird76

That's too bad about not being able to personalize your magic bands before arrival. Maybe you could bring some stickers with you to personalize them. I've also heard about a site magicyourband.com in which you can make customized skins for the bands. It looks pretty cool, I'm thinking about doing that for our June trip.

And I'm really sad for you that you can't get cheese popcorn by you, but I really only like the Garrett's popcorn in Chicago. I've tried other cheese popcorns and they just don't taste good. It is really the only reason why I go along with visits to the in-laws that live in Illinois because then we can get popcorn! I know I can order it online but my waistline doesn't need that!
Thanks! I will definitely check out that site! I've read about using nail polish and rub-ons to decorate the bands, but I've never seen anything about "skins"!

It's probably better for me that I can't get cheese popcorn here...I already have 100 lbs to lose. That's enough to be getting on with!

Songbird76

Good for you and her, every one needs sleep. When you haven't had enough, your body will let you know by sleeping late. I did that this morning too. I slept over two hours. I'm supposed to be getting up at 4:30, (to get ready for the time change in Disney). Didn't make it up until 6:30.
Goodness @betty rose ! 4: 30 a.m.? That is insane! Did you go to bed early to make up the difference? Or are you trying to be able to stay in the parks from open till close?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom