The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

As others have stated, do what you think is right. (I don't think there is a universally correct answer in these types of family situations; there are many diverse opinions, so go with your gut.)

Hopefully, I'll also be around for a while, too! ;) But I've made it clear to my siblings and hubby that I want something that's gaining a lot more notice nowadays. Personally (speaking for myself only) I despise the entire funeral scenario. Long story short: I told them I wanted no wake, no funeral, no plot, no tombstone. I'm opting for direct cremation (recognized by most states now and some religions as well), where (depending upon each state's regulations) a body would be taken from a hospital, nursing home, etc. and transferred to a funeral home--but just as a required transfer--the funeral home would send arrange for a direct cremation. No showing, no wake. Fine with me. AND--the cost (again, depending upon region) is more like $2,000 or less versus an average (in this area) of at least $10,000 and up for the traditional route. I told my family that they can throw my ashes in the woods, as I love nature. Hope none of this sounds cold to any of you--it's not for everyone, but it sure is for me.

Doesn't sound cold to me at all! But then, I'm not a religious person, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :D

MOXOMUMD

Good morning everyone. Many, many thanks to those who shared their advice. I appreciate that you took the time to respond. xoxo to all of you, very kind people. I'm much better, I got a good nights sleep, and hubby brought home brisket for dinner. I made the sides. All is good !:joyfull:
My uncle had his ashes spread in the Smoky Mountains. They lived in Tennessee.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Sympathy like. How's your boo boo?
Still sore. Think I'll probably need some PT.
Shouldn't you have to sign for something like that? It's so easy to say "Yeah, we delivered that!". There should be a way of proving it!
Yes, they really should make you sign for it. Unfortunately they don't. Should have requested it (although I'm not sure if you can).

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
That is not cool. Did they deliver it to a neighbor?

EDIT--Nevermind I see what you posted. Still not cool.
Definitely not cool.

My favorite: I called FedEx this morning to tell them that I got the package, that my neighbor called me. Their response? "We're glad we could resolve this for you!" o_O Um, you did absolutely nothing. I'm lucky that we have good neighbors.

FutureCEO

What's wrong with putting your body in a wooden boat, setting it on fire and pushing it out to sea? How else are you supposed to get to Valhalla? ;)

its-a-trap.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom