The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As a matter of fact it is financial, Mom and Dad bought 4 plots. Them and my older brother and wife. He divorced and no one wanted the plot. So this extra plot is money can be applied to sis and husbands expenses. To be fair she wanted to give me 1/2 the cost. I don't want the money, and told her to do what she wanted. I'm just trying to please everyone. That's always been my nature and upbringing.

As others have stated, do what you think is right. (I don't think there is a universally correct answer in these types of family situations; there are many diverse opinions, so go with your gut.)

Hopefully, I'll also be around for a while, too! ;) But I've made it clear to my siblings and hubby that I want something that's gaining a lot more notice nowadays. Personally (speaking for myself only) I despise the entire funeral scenario. Long story short: I told them I wanted no wake, no funeral, no plot, no tombstone. I'm opting for direct cremation (recognized by most states now and some religions as well), where (depending upon each state's regulations) a body would be taken from a hospital, nursing home, etc. and transferred to a funeral home--but just as a required transfer--the funeral home would send arrange for a direct cremation. No showing, no wake. Fine with me. AND--the cost (again, depending upon region) is more like $2,000 or less versus an average (in this area) of at least $10,000 and up for the traditional route. I told my family that they can throw my ashes in the woods, as I love nature. Hope none of this sounds cold to any of you--it's not for everyone, but it sure is for me.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
As others have stated, do what you think is right. (I don't think there is a universally correct answer in these types of family situations; there are many diverse opinions, so go with your gut.)

Hopefully, I'll also be around for a while, too! ;) But I've made it clear to my siblings and hubby that I want something that's gaining a lot more notice nowadays. Personally (speaking for myself only) I despise the entire funeral scenario. Long story short: I told them I wanted no wake, no funeral, no plot, no tombstone. I'm opting for direct cremation (recognized by most states now and some religions as well), where (depending upon each state's regulations) a body would be taken from a hospital, nursing home, etc. and transferred to a funeral home--but just as a required transfer--the funeral home would send arrange for a direct cremation. No showing, no wake. Fine with me. AND--the cost (again, depending upon region) is more like $2,000 or less versus an average (in this area) of at least $10,000 and up for the traditional route. I told my family that they can throw my ashes in the woods, as I love nature. Hope none of this sounds cold to any of you--it's not for everyone, but it sure is for me.
I keep saying i want a viking funeral but it gets me funny look from some people :confused:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm being cremated...I already decided for me. Why mess up the planet even more than it is now with more people buried than alive?

As you'll see from my recent post, I agree.

I also understand that it's a very sensitive subject, and some people do not want anything other than the full traditional funeral service, burial, etc. For those who want the traditional route, I absolutely respect and support their wishes as well.

MouseDreaming

It looked several times like it was the end but then more develop. The thunder is horrid, it just rattles through ya. I saw the river a couple hours ago and it was getting close to spilling. So tired but the thunder keeps jolting ya back awake. I remember a few weeks ago when the we really needed a bit of rain. Over that.
Did it go over? Hope not. The rain seems to have moved out, and...instant fall, folks!

Songbird76

Rant alert:

Remember that printer replacementthat was supposed to be delivered today? Well, FedEx says it was delivered and left at the side door. We looked all around the house. No package. There was no knock, our doorbell works and it never rang and, most importantly, we don't have a side door. Called FedEx, they said, "You'll receive a call back within 2 hours." Two and a half hours later, I called them back. They still have no clue where my package is. Called HP to report it to them. If they don't find my package within 48 hours, HP will have to send me another printer.

*sigh* Given how things have been going lately and that it was surprisingly easy to deal with HP, should have known that was way too easy. :grumpy:
Shouldn't you have to sign for something like that? It's so easy to say "Yeah, we delivered that!". There should be a way of proving it!

betty rose

Rant alert:

Remember that printer replacementthat was supposed to be delivered today? Well, FedEx says it was delivered and left at the side door. We looked all around the house. No package. There was no knock, our doorbell works and it never rang and, most importantly, we don't have a side door. Called FedEx, they said, "You'll receive a call back within 2 hours." Two and a half hours later, I called them back. They still have no clue where my package is. Called HP to report it to them. If they don't find my package within 48 hours, HP will have to send me another printer.

*sigh* Given how things have been going lately and that it was surprisingly easy to deal with HP, should have known that was way too easy. :grumpy:
Sympathy, you seem to be living under a dark cloud. I hope for some rays of sunshine for you.

betty rose

My two cents...plan for what YOU want done. If sis doesn't approve that is her problem (unless she is paying for it, then do what she wants).

Sorry you aren't sleeping well. Why does that happen to you at this time of year? Hopefully you get a good nights sleep.
Change in amount of sunlight per day. And then more disruption in my sleep cycle when we turn the clocks back.

betty rose

It looked several times like it was the end but then more develop. The thunder is horrid, it just rattles through ya. I saw the river a couple hours ago and it was getting close to spilling. So tired but the thunder keeps jolting ya back awake. I remember a few weeks ago when the we really needed a bit of rain. Over that.
I wish you could send us some rain. The last time we had rain was August 31. According to our weather channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom