The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Rant alert:

Remember that printer replacementthat was supposed to be delivered today? Well, FedEx says it was delivered and left at the side door. We looked all around the house. No package. There was no knock, our doorbell works and it never rang and, most importantly, we don't have a side door. Called FedEx, they said, "You'll receive a call back within 2 hours." Two and a half hours later, I called them back. They still have no clue where my package is. Called HP to report it to them. If they don't find my package within 48 hours, HP will have to send me another printer.

*sigh* Given how things have been going lately and that it was surprisingly easy to deal with HP, should have known that was way too easy. :grumpy:

I've been getting notices from a neighborhood watch online community that packages have been stolen around our neighborhood recently. They even have pics of the woman doing it. Some people have no shame.

FutureCEO

One more serious thought, to all who care to comment, I would love to hear your thoughts. As I have mentioned, I'm not sleeping well, common for me this time of year, but other things are going on. Sis called and they are making their final plans to our local cemetery. She thinks we should join the "family". DD doesn't like the "plan". I'm torn, DD want's to be in Colorado. She was only born in Ind. Not there long. I don't want DD to have the burden to put flowers on grave sights for holiday's. Here is our compromise we will be cremated, and have some ashes to be sent to a memory garden, with the family, and have ashes remain here. I guess this in common, as I have done a ton of research. No one has to put flowers out, and there is a chapel near by to remember. Is this the best answer? I'm too close to the situation to make an unemotional decision. I hold no one responsible for their imput. I would just like what people think, if they were in this situation. Sis doesn't approve of cremation. Thanks to all who care to respond. I'm very stressed because sis is wanting an answer.

I'm being cremated...I already decided for me. Why mess up the planet even more than it is now with more people buried than alive?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
One more serious thought, to all who care to comment, I would love to hear your thoughts. As I have mentioned, I'm not sleeping well, common for me this time of year, but other things are going on. Sis called and they are making their final plans to our local cemetery. She thinks we should join the "family". DD doesn't like the "plan". I'm torn, DD want's to be in Colorado. She was only born in Ind. Not there long. I don't want DD to have the burden to put flowers on grave sights for holiday's. Here is our compromise we will be cremated, and have some ashes to be sent to a memory garden, with the family, and have ashes remain here. I guess this in common, as I have done a ton of research. No one has to put flowers out, and there is a chapel near by to remember. Is this the best answer? I'm too close to the situation to make an unemotional decision. I hold no one responsible for their imput. I would just like what people think, if they were in this situation. Sis doesn't approve of cremation. Thanks to all who care to respond. I'm very stressed because sis is wanting an answer.

My two cents...plan for what YOU want done. If sis doesn't approve that is her problem (unless she is paying for it, then do what she wants).

Sorry you aren't sleeping well. Why does that happen to you at this time of year? Hopefully you get a good nights sleep.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I've been getting notices from a neighborhood watch online community that packages have been stolen around our neighborhood recently. They even have pics of the woman doing it. Some people have no shame.
That's why we get packages in as soon as possible after they've been delivered. There's been a good bit of theft in the neighborhood in the past few years, thanks to the fact that someone used to deal drugs in one of the nearby houses. That person has since moved. We get packages from WDW sent to my dad's office so someone is there to sign for it.

But thankfully, in this case, as suspected, driver delivered to the wrong house, and we have mostly honest neighbors. Neighbors called us about an hour ago, said they had just gotten home but have my package. My mom and I got it. Crisis averted.

The FedEx drivers in this area have a habit of mis-delivering packages. We've gotten several packages that have belonged to neighbors in the past. One that wasn't even for our street.

MouseDreaming

My first Astronomy class in college was like that a lot of math. I dropped it because I wasn't doing well (shhh, don't tell my science students), and the next semester I took it with a different professor. There was still math, but he was actually a consultant for NASA as well and we learned a lot of cool stuff. I was really glad I dropped the other class.
Ok. This is exactly how it was set up at my school, and I'm thinking it is possible we are talking about the same place. My bf at the time, (now DH), hated the class when he took it the previous semester, before I met him. I couldn't understand. I had the Hubble consultant that showed us the coolest slides and pictures from NASA. Turned out he had the math heavy version with the other prof.

MouseDreaming

@FutureCEO maybe you should move to Chicago for a taste of the royal life???

Queen Elizabeth has purchased a pad in Chicago on the 26th-floor of a condominium at the upscale Buckingham Plaza. Purchase price estimated at a mere $1.6 million. Her condo will reportedly house her Canadian Consul in the upscale 2600 square foot condo in the lovely neighborhood that overlooks historic Grant Park. Wooba. The Queen picks out nice digs.

Maybe the Queen Mum will visit and take in a weekend of Lollapalooza?
I would pay to see that!

MouseDreaming

:happy: (Good point!) Actually, I think it's a regional sort of thing. I don't know anyone around here who barbecues into the fall and winter. Once we have the time change and it gets dark early, I'll see all the backyard barbecues covered up until next summer.
Dark early. It is a point of pride in the Midwest to grill out in snow! ( not me though. I give up when I need gloves on to go outside).

MouseDreaming

I couldn't stand the sound of more hard rain, so I escaped by watching the Boo to You live stream. I would love to make it out to WDW with the Halloween decorations.
@betty rose you need to decide what is best for you and yours. Don't let your sister bully you into something you don't want. I think you need to get out for a walk in the fresh air with your DH. It will do you some good.

@figmentfan423 Hope your son had a great time at the game. We let DD wander around with a friend at the last home football game, and I have to admit, she had a blast.

@MR FERRET , start learning how to use that Weber, we'll be by soon! And we are giving Mrs. ferret the day off.

To the rest of you, pokes all around! See what you started @Cesar R M ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom