The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Many of my trees have lost their leaves already. Seriously, I could rake my lawn......or just run over them with the tractor while mowing. :joyfull:

Our property isn't as large as yours but we do similar. We mulch and bag the leaves with the grass mowing. Much easier than racking. ]

But out back we have one locus trees with those tiny tiny leaves that smother the grass and don't pick up with the mower. Those need to be blown with the leaf blower and bagged. Pain. The tree is an amazing shade tree and is likely 70 years old or better so she is here to stay

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hear Vermont cheese is good too. To be honest I like pretty much any cheese. Although American cheese singles are only good in a grilled cheese.

I love Wisconsin Cheeses. Big fan. Still American Cheese isn't really a cheese in my book, more a knock off. But you are right, perfect for grilled cheese though those singles in plastic wrap I won't even eat buried in a grilled cheese sandwich.

Figgy1

I, of course, cannot speak for others, but, the only thing that has ever worked for me was, what others considered, over simplistic. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to deny myself the foods that I really like. Life is short whether you're overweight or not. So I decided to just eat what I always ate but in smaller quantities and then I became more active. I played more golf (even with a cart) and walked every other day. Outside if it was nice or in the mall if it wasn't. Over three years I lost 80 pounds, 10 inches off my waist and even 4 inches off my neck.

I had a lot of excess to begin with and I am still not down to the place where I figure that continued success without some other additional effort may be difficult, but, I'm pretty happy for two things. The first is that I have lost a lot of weight and that I kept all my clothes that I had expanded out of and can wear them again. Now I have to make the move to get rid of my big fat clothes to make room for my not as fat clothes. Somewhere along the line I will need a whole new wardrobe.
Congrats and well done.

Figgy1

The short version:
I went to the ER. When the nurse practitioner came in to see me, I evidently blacked out while she was talking to me. She sent me for a CT scan of my head and neck and a back x-ray. I was diagnosed with a concussion, whiplash, and a back sprain and sent home on some strong painkillers and a muscle relaxer, which I am still taking so that I can sleep (and I have been sleeping about 10-12 hours per night since the accident). Following up with my primary care doctor. I might wait for a while since I already have an appointment before I have the surgery to repair the ligament in my thumb, so we might kill two birds with one stone. They have not caught the guy, so we will have to file through MD uninsured motorist, which is a state-sponsored organization for incidents like this. I seem to be over the headache, which is good, but my back and neck are still sore. I'm concerned because I've now had two car accidents that have injured my back, and there's a history of back problems in my family, so I have likely screwed up my back again. So I'm not in great shape. But my car is fine.
I hope today is better and you can go to your classes. my whole family sends well wishes xoxo

Figgy1

Maybe you could plan a snowman party for mid-winter, to help you chase away your S.A.D. You could invite friends, or family, or some of the church members where your husband is a pastor. Everyone could make snowmen, (either in groups or solo) and there could be hot chocolate, hot cinnamon-spiced cider, and warm apple fritters. Wouldn't that be fun? :)
I hate cold but collect snow people, I must have a bit of Olaf in me:confused: So a snowman party would cheer me up.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Speakingofwhich Minions and StarWars seemed to have quieted Frozen ad nauseam a tad. Woot! *ducks and hides*

104046613_amazoncom-hip-hip-hooray-patterned-laser-die-cut-arts-.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I love Wisconsin Cheeses. Big fan. Still American Cheese isn't really a cheese in my book, more a knock off. But you are right, perfect for grilled cheese though those singles in plastic wrap I won't even eat buried in a grilled cheese sandwich.

What? You're not a fan of cheese "food" slices? :p I'll never forget the first time I saw them describe the slime inside those packages as cheese "food" !! :eek: Where I grew up, we had American CHEESE, period, and it was very good. In later years, cheese "food" slices, not so much . . . :hungover:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MR FERRET , I read the other day that Princess Kate is expecting their third child. Britain must be all abuzz about that, and probably already taking bets on the gender and name! :joyfull: I also saw a picture of her with her new bangs. Do you like the new bangs style on her? I kinda like it, but think I prefer the previous hairstyle a little bit more.

FutureCEO

@MR FERRET , I read the other day that Princess Kate is expecting their third child. Britain must be all abuzz about that, and probably already taking bets on the gender and name! :joyfull: I also saw a picture of her with her new bangs. Do you like the new bangs style on her? I kinda like it, but think I prefer the previous hairstyle a little bit more.

I didn't hear that. I type in yahoo search and no reputable news channel came up. The Telegraph says she wants one by age 35 but didn't say that.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
This is news to us.she has only just had the spare to the throne.

betty rose

I, of course, cannot speak for others, but, the only thing that has ever worked for me was, what others considered, over simplistic. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to deny myself the foods that I really like. Life is short whether you're overweight or not. So I decided to just eat what I always ate but in smaller quantities and then I became more active. I played more golf (even with a cart) and walked every other day. Outside if it was nice or in the mall if it wasn't. Over three years I lost 80 pounds, 10 inches off my waist and even 4 inches off my neck.

I had a lot of excess to begin with and I am still not down to the place where I figure that continued success without some other additional effort may be difficult, but, I'm pretty happy for two things. The first is that I have lost a lot of weight and that I kept all my clothes that I had expanded out of and can wear them again. Now I have to make the move to get rid of my big fat clothes to make room for my not as fat clothes. Somewhere along the line I will need a whole new wardrobe.
That is a wonderful accomplishment. I have done the same thing, hubby and I have reduced quantity, and less deserts, diabetes played a part in that decision. I do have my dark chocolate, and buy those mini Ghiradelli's for 35 calories. It's rich and curbs my craving for chocolate. I add a peanut or two, protein, to help balance the sugar. Yummy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom