The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you so very much. :)
I apologize to any that might be tired of hearing about our kiddos, but, it's difficult to be so proud of them and not share.
Nobody in the organization receives even one red penny for time, treasure, or talent, or for that matter, all the amazing businesses and folks that donated for the auctions.
It was a great evening for a great cause. :)

Brag as much as you want.

Cesar R M

I'm hoping for the latter.

I'm just glad I didn't have to argue with HP about the printer, which is only two years old and gets light use. Their customer service tends to be terrible. My guess is that they figured out that a batch of the printers were defective and decided that when the issue happens, regardless of the warranty status, they should just replace the printer. So some troubleshooting and some time on the phone and voila! New printer coming sometime either this week or next (they estimated that I would have it by the 23rd, but the manager said she was going to try to speed that up so I would get the new printer before then).

Printing at school isn't a huge deal. I upload the documents to our printing program, go to a printer, scan my student ID (which doesn't even have to come out of my wallet, RFID technology), hit release, and everything prints. No need to sign onto a school computer or anything. Sometimes I use the school's printing anyway since they give us a $15 allowance per month, black sheets are 15 cents for one side and 20 cents for the second side in black, color is a bit more. The allowance resets at the first of the month. My printer at home is more for convenience than anything. I got sick of fighting with my parents' printer all the time, which is not a wireless printer, so I had it set up so that I could still print from my laptop to it without plugging anything in, but the desktop had to be on. It was a gigantic pain. Having a printer in my room has been extremely nice.

What's been fun with my wireless printer was when my grandmother would come over, and every now and then, she'd say, "Oh, I'd love to print this" and within five minutes, I would have a printed copy, and she thought I was completely amazing. :joyfull: Every now and then, it would also randomly turn on and print something, and a minute later, my mom would come up and say, "Oh, don't mind me; just needed to print this from my iPad." :rolleyes:

It's also a photo printer, and I somehow keep getting free photo paper, so I've got more photo paper than I know what to do with. My new printer will also be a photo printer, but will have two ink cartridges instead of four, saving money. Should also mean that it should be even longer before I'll need a new printer.
actually, the more cartridges. the less wasteful and the less expensive its in the end.
Cartridges like those epson 1+1 (which is black + color cartridges joined into one) are the biggest culprits.. as you just need to finish ONE color.. and it will ask to replace the whole thing.
Worse.. Epson and HP both use color inks when printing black (to "prevent" the nozzle clogging, which is bs).

Plus doesnt help that many manufacturers now on purpose "count" the number of prints you do with the printers.. to tell you the volume of inks.
So instead of actually counting the ink levels.. the printer might tell you to waste 50% of the ink in a cartridge.. because the chip says you printed already 100 sheets!

Cesar R M

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The headache is gone, but my body has been hurting really badly. Earlier today, I had to take three ibuprofen and lay on my bed on my side without moving. Eventually I could move again. Now I'm sore, so I'm laying on my side typing this, which somehow I got very good at doing over the years of doing homework and being too lazy to sit up.

At least the headache is gone so I can now stand light and can do homework.

No word on if they caught the guy. The good news is that in MD, there's a thing called MD Uninsured motorist, so I'll still be able to get some money to help cover the injury expenses. My dad will have to handle it. Last time, that took several months. This is now the third hit and run I've been in. The first was three years ago. A guy ran a stop sign and hit me and left. Me and the car were not in good shape after that. Last semester, a professor hit my car in the parking lot of school while I was standing right there and went into the building, not acknowledging that she hit me (thankfully, since I was not even in the vehicle, I had the presence of mind to get her tag number, follow her car, take pictures, and call campus security, who recovered the footage of her hitting my car and tracked down who it was. We saw a check from her within a week). I've had more accidents than my friend who is a really, really bad driver, and I'm a good driver. I've no idea what it is.

Pixie Dust sister friend. You need 2016 too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom