The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

Find him a place? Wow.:confused::eek:

Yeah, he has a huge sense of entitlement, and not just in this particular situation. Like when he helps out friends and family, but they don't express appreciation or agree with him, he gets extremely upset and hurt, to the point where he doesn't want to talk to them anymore or ignores them for awhile. His mother is the exact same way. I can understand his perspective, but when you start expecting people to react or behave in a certain manner, and then they don't, you're basically setting yourself up for disappointment. Plus, when you do someone a favor, you should be doing it because you want to help, not because you expect to get a reaction. At least that's how I see it.

FutureCEO

Okay I couldn't help myself, I just looked up double decker candy bars on Amazon and found them for not too outrageous of a price. So I will definitely order them sometime, not today as we still have a stash of candy we brought back from London and France to get through first.

I buy San Benedetto Peach Ice Tea from Italy on Amazon because all the local supermarkets have the soda but not the tea.

brb1006

I remember during my two trips to WDW back in 2004 and 2006. My mom called the nighttime parade Spectromagic "Spectro Light Show". But I told her it's "Spectromagic". She even referred the parade at "Spectro Light Show" when she and her husband visited WDW in the mid 90's. She even confused the parade as the Main Street Electrical Parade and I told her it was a different nighttime parade.

Songbird76

A somber day, but, we go on. Prayers to all.
14 years ago sometimes feels like 14 minutes ago.
I've shared this here before, but, we have new members to this thread, so...
I got to the office a little early the morning if 09/11/01. Only one other coworker was there at the time and asked me if I'd heard about a plane crashing into the WTC. I had not. We turned on the TV in one of the partners offices, and the rest is history.

DWifey and I ended up learning over time that we lost two acquaintances in the attacks.
One was the pilot of the plane that hit the Pentagon, Charles "Chic" Burlingame. As I've related before, my SIL (DWifeys sis) used to be a flight attendant for American Airlines. Once when she was coming into Austin for a short layover, she called and asked to meet us at the airport for a quick visit since we hadn't seen her in a while. My SIL knew my love of aviation, and when we got there we were allowed to board the plane. The pilot was "Chic" Burlingame. Pilot Burlingame invited me into the c o c kpit. I sat in the copilot seat and we chatted about aviation for quite a while. Such a wonderful memory.
The second soul lost on that same flight was a fellow flight attendant of SILs that was not working the flight, but, flying to California with her husband to visit family. Jennifer, recruited by SIL, attended to our guest book at our wedding reception. My SIL, in the wedding party, had brought her along. Such a sweet lady.

Anyway, I had to switch from the History Channel earlier. It's still fresh enough in my memory.
Didn't really want to relive it all again in overload.
I really think it affected everyone in some way. No one will forget it. I'm betting it's harder for people like you who lost someone you knew. I didn't know anyone, but I still felt the effects. Our wedding...people canceled right and left because either their flights were canceled or they didn't dare travel, etc. We were left with only half our wedding party. My husband's brother was going to be his best man, but his wife (now ex) has a mental illness and stress causes her to hallucinate, etc. She couldn't stand the idea of flying, so she wouldn't come, and the thought of my BIL on a plane away from her was just as bad, so he didn't come. He called us in tears, so upset that he couldn't come, but he didn't want his gf to end up in the hospital again. So my FIL stood in as best man for him instead. My maid of honor was coming from Canada and was terrified to get on a flight, so I asked one of the other bridesmaids to take her place. Our guestbook attendant and an usher had the same issue. It just shows you how scared everyone was at the time, because under normal circumstances, no one would want to miss their brother's or best friend's wedding. Everyone was so on edge. When our wedding day finally got there a week and a half later, we were just so relieved to have a distraction from the fear, and something to enjoy and be happy about. I think everyone kind of let loose and took advantage of the opportunity to celebrate instead of being afraid. Our DJ commented about how much fun our wedding was and that he had NEVER seen a wedding in which EVERYONE got up to do the chicken dance, etc. But I think people NEEDED to be silly and ridiculous. I grew up in a small town of about 1000 people. I got married in my college town, and there happened to be another wedding in the college town on the same day for someone else from my hometown, so several of our guests were invited to both weddings. But her family was pretty wealthy and her wedding was a much fancier affair...I'm certain there was no chicken dance happening there, but in any case, several guests had left our rehearsal early to go to hers and they ended up coming back and saying they didn't even feel they could scratch their noses at her event and they came back because ours was so much more fun. People needed the fun. I'm sure her food was far superior, and her venue was probably decorated to the nines, but what people needed was fun to distract them.

Songbird76

he drove.. to a gun store?? :confused:
No, He WANTED to drive to a gun store. His doctor nixed that and my cousin and some family friends were in the hospital when he was released, so one drove his pickup home for him, and they all got instructions from the doctor and he was told he would not be able to run his errands that day. But he was upset when the ambulance got to the bank to check him when he had the stroke, because he insisted he felt fine and he had places to go, like the gun store, and they wouldn't let him go. They insisted that he be taken to the hospital. So when he got out of the hospital, he thought he'd just drive to the gun store like he had planned to a few days earlier, but my cousin, our friends, and the doctor all said no.

Songbird76

Yeah, I'm not too worried about getting him out of the house once the divorce is finalized. However, given that neither of us can afford to rent another house or even a large apartment (in order to accommodate all our animals) in this area, I suggested that our daughter (and animals) stay in our current residence while we each get a small place like a studio, and then alternate weeks taking care of her here. It seemed like a pretty fair deal to me, but his initial reaction was "no, that's not gonna work". Whether or not he's changed his mind now I don't know, as he refuses to communicate with me about the divorce. We only email each other regarding our daughter. Crazy, huh? :banghead: :facepalm: :in pain:
Do you have a mediator? Lawyers always go for the throat...they get paid to. But a mediator works for BOTH of you, so you both get as much as you can. If you end up having to go to court and a judge makes the decisions, you don't get a say in anything because the judge doesn't really care what either of you want. With a mediator, you get to negotiate, but not with a judge.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
The math section was pretty brutal, but everything else was okay.
Don't worry too much about it. Schools actually don't look at your scores as much for admittance purposes so much as placement purposes. It's good to get a good score, but the worst that could happen is they make you take a math placement test, and they might not even do that.

Songbird76

You are going to be a very popular person at the game!
I don't usually go to the games. DD does not like soccer and it's not fair for her to have to go to all of the games, but she's too young to leave her home by herself, so I stay home with her most of the time. I go to a couple per season, so DS knows I support him, but I stay with DD for most of them so she doesn't have to go. I remember when I was a kid, I had to go to all my brother's stuff...mostly boy scout stuff, but it was always so boring for me. It seemed so unfair because he didn't have to come to any of MY stuff. So to prevent sibling resentment, we try to keep it balanced.

FutureCEO

Don't worry too much about it. Schools actually don't look at your scores as much for admittance purposes so much as placement purposes. It's good to get a good score, but the worst that could happen is they make you take a math placement test, and they might not even do that.

I'm not sure what test your doing but it sounds like SAT's. They are worthless. They really are.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Okay I couldn't help myself, I just looked up double decker candy bars on Amazon and found them for not too outrageous of a price. So I will definitely order them sometime, not today as we still have a stash of candy we brought back from London and France to get through first.

Good find for you! :D (May I suggest you hold off at least a month though, before you order. Many states are still hot and humid, and I'm not sure what the transportation chain is with your particular purchase. You don't want melted chocolate.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, barkers can be more work. Luckily, our dogs only bark when they hear someone at the door/outside. Once they get to sniff them, they're good. So not exactly the most ferocious anti-intruder system. :)

My dog barks and sounds scary when anyone gets near the front door. But, once anyone (and I mean even a stranger) offers him a treat, he completely shuts up! So much for his dog guard skills--one treat, and he resigns his post! :jawdrop:

catmom46

Do you have a mediator? Lawyers always go for the throat...they get paid to. But a mediator works for BOTH of you, so you both get as much as you can. If you end up having to go to court and a judge makes the decisions, you don't get a say in anything because the judge doesn't really care what either of you want. With a mediator, you get to negotiate, but not with a judge.

If we go to court, mediation is required, but since he's being unreasonable, I don't think it'll help anyway. My lawyer isn't being vicious, he asked me at our first meeting if I wanted to be fair and I said yes, so he's doing his best not to go to court. My husband's lawyer, on the other hand, I think isn't getting the big picture, so he's just doing whatever my husband asks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom