The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

catmom46

A somber day, but, we go on. Prayers to all.
14 years ago sometimes feels like 14 minutes ago.
I've shared this here before, but, we have new members to this thread, so...
I got to the office a little early the morning if 09/11/01. Only one other coworker was there at the time and asked me if I'd heard about a plane crashing into the WTC. I had not. We turned on the TV in one of the partners offices, and the rest is history.

DWifey and I ended up learning over time that we lost two acquaintances in the attacks.
One was the pilot of the plane that hit the Pentagon, Charles "Chic" Burlingame. As I've related before, my SIL (DWifeys sis) used to be a flight attendant for American Airlines. Once when she was coming into Austin for a short layover, she called and asked to meet us at the airport for a quick visit since we hadn't seen her in a while. My SIL knew my love of aviation, and when we got there we were allowed to board the plane. The pilot was "Chic" Burlingame. Pilot Burlingame invited me into the c o c kpit. I sat in the copilot seat and we chatted about aviation for quite a while. Such a wonderful memory.
The second soul lost on that same flight was a fellow flight attendant of SILs that was not working the flight, but, flying to California with her husband to visit family. Jennifer, recruited by SIL, attended to our guest book at our wedding reception. My SIL, in the wedding party, had brought her along. Such a sweet lady.

Anyway, I had to switch from the History Channel earlier. It's still fresh enough in my memory.
Didn't really want to relive it all again in overload.

Sympathy like. Even though I didn't lose anyone in those attacks, just listening to the radio on the way into work brought tears to my eyes, hearing the pain and horror in people's voices. Can't even begin to imagine how it was going through those events. :(

catmom46

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of your marital discord.
I hope things settle down for you. Negativity can really weigh you down.
While things are great with Hubby, I am constantly battling with my kids. It gets real old, real fast. :(

((Hugs))

Thanks for the hugs! That's good you have a great relationship with your hubby and I'm sure you appreciate it very much. I'm glad my relationship with my daughter is good now, although who knows how it'll be when she's a teenager! :rolleyes:

catmom46

I'm not much of a chocolate person. Give me caramel.

I'll take both! Throw in some nougat and peanuts for good measure. :hungry:

s2.jpg

MOXOMUMD

No, not a new trend. The house we live in actually belongs to my mom, so you'd think he'd move out, but he can't afford to. He actually expected me to find him a new place to live, in order for him to continue taking care of our daughter. I definitely don't make that much money, so he's clearly delusional! :confused:

Oh, I totally knew you weren't bagging on therapy - I agree being able to vent and mull things over with friends and family can be just as good. I just need help making sure I don't go off the deep end. I never understood until now how some people can simply snap. Now I know! :p
Have your lawyer put it in your papers that he is to move out. Whatever you want (or don't want) out of the divorce make sure it is out in legal binding writing. If your mother's name is on the deed to the house (since you said she owns it) then she has the legal authority to evict him after the divorce is finalized.

catmom46

Have your lawyer put it in your papers that he is to move out. Whatever you want (or don't want) out of the divorce make sure it is out in legal binding writing. If your mother's name is on the deed to the house (since you said she owns it) then she has the legal authority to evict him after the divorce is finalized.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about getting him out of the house once the divorce is finalized. However, given that neither of us can afford to rent another house or even a large apartment (in order to accommodate all our animals) in this area, I suggested that our daughter (and animals) stay in our current residence while we each get a small place like a studio, and then alternate weeks taking care of her here. It seemed like a pretty fair deal to me, but his initial reaction was "no, that's not gonna work". Whether or not he's changed his mind now I don't know, as he refuses to communicate with me about the divorce. We only email each other regarding our daughter. Crazy, huh? :banghead: :facepalm: :in pain:

Figgy1

Yep, she's in 2nd grade now, so it's not like he's caring for her full time 24/7, but hours-wise it is more than me. My lawyer finally spoke with his lawyer the other day and said they're going to send a settlement proposal next week, so we'll see what he's asking for.

Basically, there isn't any reason why we can't have joint custody, so for him to not agree makes absolutely no sense to me. I originally said that it didn't have to be a 50/50 split in regard to how much time we each spend with our daughter, as long as it's joint custody, and he still refused. It's like talking to a wall...
I hope it all works out quickly! Sending an extra dose of prayers and pixie dust

Figgy1

Happy farm market Saturday, one of my favorite days of the week. Another very busy day here, farm market, library, get tire for dh's bike. Seeing we all have errands to run in the same general direction it makes sense to all go together. My boys are not going to be thrilled at the prospect of stopping at a store to get me another couple of long sleeved shirts. I found 2 yesterday but I want 2 more and the place I went yesterday didn't have the other colors I wanted in my size. Oh well at least I won't have to take time to try anything on and I can take one last look around the mall to see if there's and summer left-overs for my dh. Then I get to go to Wegman's, love that store they always have lots of dairy free cheese and gluten-free goodies. That and they have the cheapest organic soy milk in the area, my dh will more than blow the savings over at the cheese countero_O. Hoping it will be warm enough for the pool when I get home. If it is I'll ketchup tomorrow xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom